• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anonymous housing poll

What is your current housing situation

• I own one or more RTB houses

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • I legally juggle multiple houses using the 90 day grace period

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • I have multiple (2 or more) accounts with multiple houses all are constantly active.

Votes: 102 53.4%
  • I have one account one house

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • I don't own a house.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally allow an account to lapse here or there but always renew within 90 days.

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • I no longer play UO but have an opinion posted below.

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just curious.
Many think it's "ok" to juggle houses with the 90 day timer.
Almost everyone is angry about RTB houses still standing because it's "free storage".
Almost no one seems to agree with me that houses should have to be refreshed. (OMG WHAT IF I WANNA GO ON VACATION!)
So I was just curious.

(Btw I thought of a solution for the vacation thing... a token you can get once a year (or twice?) that allows for a free house refresh (or two) if you're going to be away, along with extra time on American/European/Canadian/Japanese holidays)
But that's neither here nor there.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Also I have answered so your answer will truly be anonymous to whoever else views this post.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Are we finally good, Flutter? The thread, not you. You are ebil... I know.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot the poll, but that said, the best system, IMHO, would be for every month you have paid it adds a one week "buffer" in which when your account is unpaid your house will still stand, so essentially every 4 months you sucessfully pay your account you get 1 month that your house will stand while your account is unpaid, except when you pay again however many weeks "vacation" you used you have to "repay" by keeping your account open for that many months before your account can gain more buffer time again. Basicly meaning the more time you leave the game unpaid the less time you can leave it unpaid without your house falling, so those that actually pay their accounts would actually get longer buffers before their house would fall and those abusing the system would idoc almost immediately.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You forgot the poll, but that said, the best system, IMHO, would be for every month you have paid it adds a one week "buffer" in which when your account is unpaid your house will still stand, so essentially every 4 months you sucessfully pay your account you get 1 month that your house will stand while your account is unpaid, except when you pay again however many weeks "vacation" you used you have to "repay" by keeping your account open for that many months before your account can gain more buffer time again. Basicly meaning the more time you leave the game unpaid the less time you can leave it unpaid without your house falling, so those that actually pay their accounts would actually get longer buffers before their house would fall and those abusing the system would idoc almost immediately.
The poll should be showing on this one. :spider: Not that this isn't my third try...

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
normally the "I have multiple (2 or more) accounts with multiple houses all are constantly active. " would be me, I had 4 houses active on siege all on paid accounts, but due to recent gameplay changes i gave 3 away and only have the one with it's active account now.

Edit: you put the poll up while i was typing that post, took me a moment as i got sidetracked :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You forgot the I have grandfathered houses and the rest of you are plebes option... *winks*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You forgot the I have grandfathered houses and the rest of you are plebes option... *winks*
I thought about putting something about grandfathered houses (I am bitter about that btw but that's for another post) but I didn't want to over-complicate my already complicated post.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just teasin' luv... good luck with yer poll.

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Almost everyone is angry about RTB houses still standing because it's "free storage".
Almost no one seems to agree with me that houses should have to be refreshed.
I also think that houses should have to be refreshed, just like the old days.
I also think that RTB houses should be burnt to the ground and everything
in them lost forever...:scholar::scholar:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have three RtB houses.

I have three houses that I pay for the account every 120 days. Had them all for around six years.

I have four houses on four accounts that have been active almost 100% for between eight and eleven and half years.

I have fourteen accounts total.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2 accounts: 2 grandfathered Trammel houses on main account (1 on LS, 1 on Chessie), 1 Trammel house on secondary account (though oddly enough this is the main house I use).

No RtB houses, nor should they stand unpaid.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should absolutely lighten up the housing restrictions that were put in place when house spots were in such short supply. This isn't the case anymore.

We should be allowed more than one house per account again and it should be with no restrictions on location, facet, shard, server or whatever.

Ideally, at no cost to the player, we should be able to have 2 or 3 houses. The primary house rules should continue to apply and the house should be automatically refreshed. Any additional houses should have to be refreshed manually. It should have to be refreshed at least every 30 days as this would prevent the pay every 90 day accounts from holding more than one house.

I definitely would be happy with two houses per account but I certainly wouldn't complain if we could have more.

I would be fine with a one-time charge to upgrade an account to two houses, however, in this case, even the second house should be automatically refreshed.

I think it would also be a good idea to have an ingame option for an additional house. Have an NPC that sells rental contracts and you buy the contract and have to pay gold monthly to keep the house refreshed.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would also be a good idea to have an ingame option for an additional house. Have an NPC that sells rental contracts and you buy the contract and have to pay gold monthly to keep the house refreshed.
I vote for 15th year VET reward that allows additional house (and yes they could offer it for the young ones for gold, or on the UO store as well). And while we're at it, when do I start getting my seniors discount in game?

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 houses
2 accounts
14 years
both active 99% of the time.
Both houses auto refresh as primary houses should
Please do not change this.
0 rtb
I giggle when some one says they need a basement for their castle.
Oh I do have 60% additional storage on each account.

S

Smokin

Why not just shut UO down so we don't have to listen to these post. I mean its getting a bit silly. Half the ideas people come up with just will make even more people quit, but I guess thats ok then everyone left will place that castle, that the few that seem to be pushing this really want.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why not just shut UO down so we don't have to listen to these post. I mean its getting a bit silly. Half the ideas people come up with just will make even more people quit, but I guess thats ok then everyone left will place that castle, that the few that seem to be pushing this really want.
I have a castle.
I have three castles.
I still want houses to have to be refreshed. Even my own.

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they can make me login to refresh my houses when the game is free to play, but when we're paying, why should anyone have to do anything?

if this is about solving RTB houses, making paid customers required to do anything isn't the way to fix that. how about punish the players who aren't paying for housing?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
they can make me login to refresh my houses when the game is free to play, but when we're paying, why should anyone have to do anything?

if this is about solving RTB houses, making paid customers required to do anything isn't the way to fix that. how about punish the players who aren't paying for housing?
What if refreshing your houses meant giving you unlimited house placement on accounts?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Flutter my friend 2 of your choices should be together..... we all have had lapse in a cc for an account payment or two...

As for the last statement you just made.. Sugar you mean go back to 97 terms?? I wouldnt mind it but with one tiny change to the timer on the refresh... This to advent the vacationers. 15 day refresh. But there is one drawback to this... some houses do not have doors.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember right one of the principle reasons for stopping the house refreshing was the number of servicemen going on tours of duty. I don't think that's changed, so refreshing houses probably wouldn't be a workable idea.

What might be an interesting premises, if myuo is restored, would be a second house tied to the 30 day rule that applies there. In the past only characters logged in during the past 30 days showed, so suppose the house started to decay when the house owner disappeared off that listing?

btw, our accounts have never been inactive for more than a week since the day we opened them. I have no inactive accounts.

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for me, having more housing options on my account would mean the cancellation of my two other accounts, which i wouldn't mind; however, i do not play as often as i have in the past and have no desire to login just to refresh my house. i like knowing that, because i pay monthly for my account, that i do not have to worry about my "one of a kind" house falling or my items becoming accessible to other players.

if this game were free-to-play, i would agree with the need to refresh housing, but until then, i restate, fix RTB housing elsewhere. not just some lazy half-assed fix that hurts the average player.

J

Jhym

I think one house per account should auto-refresh, and allow other houses but they all must be manually refreshed.

Perhaps any further houses must be smaller than the auto-refreshed house or are required to be 7x7's (or "gypsy wagons") if on the same shard.

Another option, add purchasable storage in the towns. So that many of the "warehouses" and other spots with chests and barrels could be rented for additional 125 item secure storage. I'm fairly tired of most of them being empty and rarely spawning anything interesting. Perhaps allow them to be locked and trapped so thieves can make attempts on them for fame and money.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have several accounts. I keep them constantly paid. When they gave us the autorefresh feature i dropped all grandfathered houses. I will not risk my houses for a few lousy bucks.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember right one of the principle reasons for stopping the house refreshing was the number of servicemen going on tours of duty. I don't think that's changed, so refreshing houses probably wouldn't be a workable idea.
That is correct, and I think it should stay that way. They said that it would be too difficult to implement a system to differentiate people with jobs that would/could cause them to be away for months at a time. (I know of military and offshore rig workers, but there could be more) They would have to send in some type of proof of their jobs and have it put onto their accounts and all that.

What might be an interesting premises, if myuo is restored, would be a second house tied to the 30 day rule that applies there. In the past only characters logged in during the past 30 days showed, so suppose the house started to decay when the house owner disappeared off that listing?
I think this is a great idea!! I would love to see this, or something like this implemented :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New account sub time where we can pay for whole year at once. Get a code for a tent token when paying for a year.

Four tokens can be combined for a tent deed. Account bound deed for tent for the account that combined the tokens. Tent last for a year on a house sign timer. At one year goes IDOC so need to one year four more accounts for another set tent token. Place tent deed and move or just target the old tent with same bonded account and refresh the timer. 2000 lockdowns for a 7x7 plot. 4 vendor max.

With the tokens not account bond they would have a gold trade. Be some good spending gold for one account players.

X Y Z so no basements.

New players are just that. Owning a castle might be on the horizon. The only issue a new player has with castle, keep or large tower is dieing behind them to a troll and not finding their body.

For the doomsayers. When they raise the monthly sub cost then ya can run around screaming "the sky is falling!" They will try to get blood from a stone as a final insult.

There needs to be more medium grade game play. Limited time players do it for themselves. They burn precious time mining, jacking or killing lame creatures for a few spine leather. There needs to be better resourse gathering spawn like the giving hiryu. Sure the ship plundering thing was a good ideal. Saltpeter gathering made it well hurt the brain. Time + Gathered = Worth Doing, math.

UO lacks the community drive. There is the luck system. There is the party group system. There are the peerless controlled fight system. There needs to be new quest to fight bosses that the size of the group improves vastly the chance for those boss drops. Drops being grind fighters.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Houses are tied to accounts (not characters), MyUO would have to track all characters on that account. If they could do this then it would be great. No more 90 day free housing, pay like the rest of us.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted "Multiple accounts all active" Currently I'm down to three since my kids took over paying for their own accounts now.

I guess housing should stay the way it is for now if only for the reason Petra mentioned..

Going on vacation shouldn't matter cause it only takes a second to refresh something, and almost any laptop will let you run the Classic Client.

On my recent trip I had no problem at all logging in for a minute every few days and refreshing my fishing boats.

However, that said.. being deployed with the military of your country is certainly a valid reason and would surely prevent you from refreshing your property regularly.
I know the last thing I would ever have wanted would have been my copilot all stressed out cause his castle was going IDOC.

S

Smokin

I have a castle.
I have three castles.
Maybe you want another castle, I don't know. If not then you are probably one of the few that are complaining so much that don't. I just have not seen any good reason to change something so drastic to all the housing rules.

A few RTB houses here and there do not really matter, heck on some shards it makes it look like more people play. Yes it can be abused but to me people who use vendors to store bods is abusing the system and I see tons and tons of people doing that.

Honestly I am just sick of reading 4 post a day about it. They know about it eventually they will fix it and if someone wants to use said house as storage well its at their own risk.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

btw, our accounts have never been inactive for more than a week since the day we opened them. I have no inactive accounts.
Unfortunately, when the MyUO information was still available, there were times when the process of updating the information for a shard seemed to run into some kind of a hiccup and either no information showed up for a whole shard for a day or two or longer, or only part of the character listing for the shard showed up.

I'm not arguing against your idea. I'm just trying to say that in the last year or so that the MyUO information was available, I oftentimes questioned how complete and accurate it was for certain shards. If EA were to do something like move or rename server hardware and forget to update a program that pulled data for MyUO listings to the new server's address or name and no one noticed, that could be pretty disastrous.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we are good as we are....

rtb houses were not an abuse of the game...nobody who placed one knew it would end up standing forever

however ....placing bods on a vendor to store them so not using house storage is abuse...so lets tackle this one first

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 5 houses, 4 I pay for, a 5th I pay for every 90 days.

W

Woodsman

I guess housing should stay the way it is for now if only for the reason Petra mentioned..

Going on vacation shouldn't matter cause it only takes a second to refresh something, and almost any laptop will let you run the Classic Client.
Actually a lot of us go on vacations where electricity can be a luxury and wi-fi connections non-existent :)

I think auto-refresh should remain if only for this reason: There are a lot of people who are paying for accounts who are no longer actively playing. Forcing them to login to refresh won't help anything, and because they aren't actively playing and may not have many, if any, friends still playing,, it would be all too easy for them to forget or miss refreshing, and if they lose their house, UO will probably lose their subscription(s).

I know some people look down upon those UO players who actually don't play anymore and just pay the monthly fee to keep their house(s), but you don't want to do anything that will drive players away, regardless of whether they actively play or just keep their subscriptions going.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm in the minority here. I abuse the 90 day period. My secondary account is 90% just for the house. The character is fairly built up, but I very rarely use him even when the account is active. I started the account honestly because I had an idea for a guild I wanted to start, but my interest fizzled out rapidly so I can't justify keeping two accounts open all the time *is poor* one of which the character is rarely used. But now im used to having that extra house.

I'd understand if they changed the rules so that your house decays when your account goes inactive. Until then or until I have tons of spare money, I'll keep on doing as I usually do.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have a castle.
I have three castles.
Maybe you want another castle, I don't know. If not then you are probably one of the few that are complaining so much that don't. I just have not seen any good reason to change something so drastic to all the housing rules.

A few RTB houses here and there do not really matter, heck on some shards it makes it look like more people play. Yes it can be abused but to me people who use vendors to store bods is abusing the system and I see tons and tons of people doing that.

Honestly I am just sick of reading 4 post a day about it. They know about it eventually they will fix it and if someone wants to use said house as storage well its at their own risk.
Ummm.... yeah.
I have stated multiple times that I don't care about RTB houses. It wouldn't matter to me if you had 100 RTB houses. It doesn't affect any part of my UO life.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
however ....placing bods on a vendor to store them so not using house storage is abuse...so lets tackle this one first
No it's not. The devs have said several times since BODs were introduced that the vendor system and BODs were working as intended.

It was done so that crafters could trade BODs more easily by being able to see what your neighbor and buddies had.

It's not our fault all the players left and almost everybody quit doing BODs. It's also not our fault the rewards have never been updated or changed. Who needs more rugs and tapestries? So those BODs just accumulate and take up space.

A serious BOD crafter has over 50,000 BODs. There isn't any house you could even begin to store that in.

UO Herald archive! - Ultima Online Stratics ▶ TGN.TV - Get more views!

Publish 19: Bulk Order Books

UO Team

31 Jul 2003 00:00:00 EST

As a way of improving the Bulk Order Deed system, we have created Bulk Order Books!

Summary
As a way of improving the Bulk Order Deed system, we have created Bulk Order Books! This addition, which allows players to store their Bulk Order Deeds in convenient books, should help considerably in reducing item counts in houses, as well as decrease the amount of data needed to store these deeds individually.

Bulk Order Books
Each book will be able to hold up to 500 of any type of Bulk Order Deeds, regardless of craft, size, quality, material type, etc. The book can store any type of bulk order and is not specific to a type of bulk order deed (ie: blacksmithing and tailoring bulk order deeds can both be placed in the same book). BOD books will not be lootable or stealable. The actual Bulk Order Deed interface and rewards will not change, although the artwork for deeds will change.

Crafting BOD books:
BOD books can be crafted through Inscription, and will require 10 scrolls to create. The minimum skill to craft one will be 65.1 (with a 0.2% chance of success at that skill level). A player with 90.0 skill in Inscription will have a 50% chance of success.

Adding/Removing deeds from a BOD book:
To add a deed, just drag and drop the deed onto the book. As long as the book isn’t already full, the deed will be added and the BOD list will automatically display the first page of the book. To remove a deed from the book, click on the “drop” button next to the deed in the BOD list. Deeds cannot be removed from a BOD book while the book is in a vendor’s backpack.

To browse a book:
Double-click it. If the book is empty, no deeds will be listed, and the user will get a message stating that the book is empty. If there are deeds in the book, players can browse the list by clicking the “next” or “previous” buttons. You can exit a book by either right-clicking on the gump or clicking the EXIT button.

To price a deed while in a book:
A deed can be priced by clicking on a corresponding price button next to a deed on a page of the BOD list gump. The deed must be in a player’s backpack. This will cause the BOD list gump to close and reopen on the same page the user was viewing.

[highlight]Note: By choosing to set a price on individual BODs or on the BOD book itself, players can choose to sell either the whole book as one item, to sell only individual BODs out of that book, or to sell nothing and simply keep the book on display for other players to browse.[/highlight]

To purchase a deed from a book:
A deed can be purchased by clicking on a corresponding price button next to a deed on a page of the BOD list gump. The deed must be in a vendor’s backpack. This will cause the BOD list gump to close and reopen on the same page the user was viewing.

To use search filters while browsing for specific deeds:
Players will be able to create search filters, allowing them to browse deeds in any BOD book almost any way they like – by type, by size, by material, and more. And better yet, players will be able to set personal filters that will persist from book to book!

For example, let’s say you’re looking to buy a large iron blacksmithing BOD. You can go to a book and set your personal filter to only show that type of deed. If you don’t find what you’re looking for there, you can go to the next book – and until you change your personal filter, you’ll continue to only see those deeds that fit your search criteria!

You can click the “Filter Preference” button to set either of the two types of filters available: a Book Filter, which saves its preferences on the specific book being viewed, and a Personal Filter, which is specific to the player and is displayed as default whenever a player views a book (after it is set).

Filter preferences will allow you to show only those BODs you’re specifically looking for.

You’ll be able to filter BOD books to show deeds by the following variables:

1. Type (All, Small, or Large)
2. Quality (All, Normal, or Exceptional)
3. Material (All, Iron, Dull Copper, Shadow Iron, Copper, Bronze, Gold, Agapite, Verite, Valorite, Cloth/Leather, Spined Leather, Horned Leather, or Barbed Leather)
4. Quantity (All, 10, 15, or 20)

S

Sevin0oo0

houses should have to be refreshed.
i don't agree either. I have an IRL friend (8-10yr vet,at minimum). He only plays once or twice a year, but maintains his account non-stop. You say he Must play or lose his castle on Ice island? He'd simply sell it and be done totally with UO. I say if even 1 person is caused to quit, it probably isn't a good idea, where's there 1, there's 10. Who wants to stand up and say my idea caused 10 people to quit??? He allows a friend use of the house, probably the only reason he maintains it, but he personally, doesn't keep the game loaded.

K

kleos

I think we should have the option:

1 house w/ auto refresh or 1 house per shard, perma decay like pre 9/11, must be refreshed by owner account.

S

Smokin

Ummm.... yeah.
I have stated multiple times that I don't care about RTB houses. It wouldn't matter to me if you had 100 RTB houses. It doesn't affect any part of my UO life.
If you don't care why bother making a poll and post about it. I have 3 RTB houses that I do not use, I only placed them years ago for a temp placement to block people from placing next to my house mainly the one. Because it was always a script miner and quite annoying. I thought they would have fallen, they didn't, my main accounts are not friended or co owned so they sit there.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny how abusing one aspect of the game is ok but abusing another aspect is, Oh no, we must put a stop to this right now. Whatever.

You lose all credibility.

S

Smokin

It's funny how abusing one aspect of the game is ok but abusing another aspect is, Oh no, we must put a stop to this right now. Whatever.

Where did I say anything about putting a stop to it or anything. Sheesh I think you have me mixed up with THP or something. Also I just say leave it all alone.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Where did I say anything about putting a stop to it or anything. Sheesh I think you have me mixed up with THP or something. Also I just say leave it all alone.
Hey, sorry, I don't mean to be so aggressive but you did put yourself into the conversation in the other thread and your post is quite apparently opposed to using vendors to store BODs.

This debate was put to rest some years ago when the devs reiterated their intentions and that storing BODs on vendors was intended form the very start.

Like I said, years ago, it was less a factor because I had 10-15 regular BOD traders I did trades with and I traded and filled more BODs than I do today. Now I have one(1) other player I know on my shard that still is trading BODs. Granted I don't play as much as I used to either so I'm not as easy to contact out of game like I used to be.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ummm.... yeah.
If you don't care why bother making a poll and post about it. I have 3 RTB houses that I do not use, I only placed them years ago for a temp placement to block people from placing next to my house mainly the one. Because it was always a script miner and quite annoying. I thought they would have fallen, they didn't, my main accounts are not friended or co owned so they sit there.
The subject of this post isn't really RTB houses to me. It's about housing refresh and seeing who might be interested in going back to a system where we could have more than one house per account.

Aside from that, I don't care about your RTB houses, but don't take away my (or anyone's) right to open a discussion about housing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have 3 accounts that are paid for 100% of the time.
2 of those are from day 1 of the game. the third is 11 or 12. there has never been a lapse in my game time for any of those 3 accounts.

i have one account that has a house on it that i use the 90 day period to juggle to keep it going.

i have..... 8 or 10(?) other houses (RTB, new account, AOS ect ect ect) houses smattered on other shards.

if they were to ever go back to having to refreshing your houses i would quit uo.
i know i know, thats pretty drastic, but i wouldnt be able to have my houses because my work and RL is so all over the place that i dont know if im going to be on tomorow or not on for allmost a month. so my houses would end up dropping and all the stuff i have collected in 14.5 years would be lost.

and no, there isnt internet everywhere in the world.
a lot of the places i get sent too dont have internet access.

and a lot of disaster areas (tornado, floods ect ect) i get sent too dont have internet because all the power and phone lines are down.

so ya, im gonna have to vote no for the manual refresh of the house thing.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think we should have the option:

1 house w/ auto refresh or 1 house per shard, perma decay like pre 9/11, must be refreshed by owner account.
I'd do this if it was unlimited houses any shard.
So 1 house auto refresh or unlimited houses perma decay/owner refresh. Placing an additional house puts it at owner refresh rate. Demolishing all but one house resets your home to auto refresh.