• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anon Problem

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am wondering if there is anything "in the works" to fix the fact that Anon pretty much turns into an earth elemental whenever he gets hit, even by pets that don't do physical damage. We had a CU, a poison crimson drake, and a reptalon, and Anon kept turning into an earth elemental. He never turned into the elemental type of any of the pets hitting him. Not to mention the fact that he was gaining life back when hit by them , even as an earth elemental. What happened to being able to hit him (without him gaining life back) as long as he was a different elemental type than the pet dealing the damage?

@Bleak @Kyronix Will y'all "shed some light" on this please.

FYI, this was also posted on the UO Forum, but as usual, a certain person came trolling. so I didn't even bother with it there any further. Hopefully the devs will comment on it, so I will at least see it. If so, I will re-post here. It is amazing/sad/pitiful that the particular person is still allowed to post there. LOL

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree that certain someone's post are getting beyond ridiculous, it's like he is just goading them into banning him. Why does he constantly want to ruin everyone else's playstyle? :(

Edit : Sorry got so annoyed I forgot what the thread was about...I have almost never seen Anon as anything but an earth ellie, once or twice I've seen him go fire ellie but not often and only maybe once per fight.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We tested this last night with a simple setup. It does seem that all pet damage counts as physical against anon.

Fire Beetle with Wrestling Mastery (so no AI/FWW) was turning Anon into Earth Ele every time, and causing him to heal.

Sampire turned Anon into a Fire Elemental with a Fire Axe, Fire Beetle did not cause healing on Anon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We tested this last night with a simple setup. It does seem that all pet damage counts as physical against anon.

Fire Beetle with Wrestling Mastery (so no AI/FWW) was turning Anon into Earth Ele every time, and causing him to heal.

Sampire turned Anon into a Fire Elemental with a Fire Axe, Fire Beetle did not cause healing on Anon.

Thanks for that testing. Removes the AI argument.

I'm on a beach in Mexico for a week. Get this fixed while I am gone please. I think he wants this encounter feedback emailed to him. They closed the threads on it and stated that.

I have pina coladas calling me.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, to make a long reply shorter, @Kyronix DID respond on the UO Forum (Thanks again @Kyronix ). He said there was a similar problem, that has been resolved, with different types of player damage doing the same thing, but wasn't aware it was happening with pet elemental damages. He is going to investigate. So hopefully this problem will be resolved soon! :)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can confirm the issue of anon turning into earth ele. while i was fighting anon with 100% fire beetle. the earth ele/anon was healing up while my beetle attacking. not a big deal for me really, just takes longer to kill.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Frost mite has no issue with anon.
Turn into earth elemental, frost mite still chews away.
Hell my frost mite poisoned anon and he turned into a poison elemental! Not once has he turned into a snow elemental since the publish.
Might also be because my frost mite has armor corruption.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Frost mite has no issue with anon.
Turn into earth elemental, frost mite still chews away.
Hell my frost mite poisoned anon and he turned into a poison elemental! Not once has he turned into a snow elemental since the publish.
Might also be because my frost mite has armor corruption.
Saying your frost mite has no issue with anon is misleading.
There is an issue. All pet Melee damage is counted as physical damage and that is a bug.
The fact that your frost might can still do the encounter, as can our pets, is inconsequential to the fact anon is bugged and has been since test center for 100.
Yes, if your pet can still trigger another damage type through a spell or poisoning or dragon breath, but that is still rather uncommon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Saying your frost mite has no issue with anon is misleading.
There is an issue. All pet Melee damage is counted as physical damage and that is a bug.
The fact that your frost might can still do the encounter, as can our pets, is inconsequential to the fact anon is bugged and has been since test center for 100.
Yes, if your pet can still trigger another damage type through a spell or poisoning or dragon breath, but that is still rather uncommon.
No, what I said is what I meant.
I have no issues with Anon with my frost mite.
He does gain back like when I use other pets, but does not when I use my frost mite.
So it does not seem to be ALL melee damage.
Unless I’m not seeing it.... and the rest of my guild mates aren’t seeing it.....
But we have only done around 20 or so since the publish went live, maybe we just aren’t seeing it.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No, what I said is what I meant.
I have no issues with Anon with my frost mite.
He does gain back like when I use other pets, but does not when I use my frost mite.
So it does not seem to be ALL melee damage.
Unless I’m not seeing it.... and the rest of my guild mates aren’t seeing it.....
But we have only done around 20 or so since the publish went live, maybe we just aren’t seeing it.
I guess you guys just aren't seeing it then...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I guess you guys just aren't seeing it then...

we are old.
we did a couple more, still not seeing it.
seeing it with every other pet type though!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
we are old.
we did a couple more, still not seeing it.
seeing it with every other pet type though!
That's pretty interesting then. I wonder if there is something bugged with your Frost Mite. If only your Frost Mite attacks, it changes it to Earth, but still doesn't heal when it hits? Could be related to the other pets there possibly. What do the others typically bring?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's pretty interesting then. I wonder if there is something bugged with your Frost Mite. If only your Frost Mite attacks, it changes it to Earth, but still doesn't heal when it hits? Could be related to the other pets there possibly. What do the others typically bring?
Fire Steed that has Myst.
a SW mage.
and sometimes a SW tamer if he is around (@Maximus Neximus )

i was chatting with my other guildies that do the roof with me last night and they both said the same thing, we see no difference in time now as compared to before for doing the roof.
other than the fire steed has to stop every time Anon goes into Earth Ele form.

if i notice any change in performance with him ill report back.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire Steed that has Myst.
a SW mage.
and sometimes a SW tamer if he is around (@Maximus Neximus )

i was chatting with my other guildies that do the roof with me last night and they both said the same thing, we see no difference in time now as compared to before for doing the roof.
other than the fire steed has to stop every time Anon goes into Earth Ele form.

if i notice any change in performance with him ill report back.
And you think an 20% physical 80% Fire damage pet should turn it into an earth ele? Thats is not different than before the changes? Why does he pull it off? He would not have before the changes.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And you think an 20% physical 80% Fire damage pet should turn it into an earth ele? Thats is not different than before the changes? Why does he pull it off? He would not have before the changes.
did i say anywhere that i didnt notice the change to Anon?
im just saying im not noticing it with my Frost Mite.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Along with his frost mite and the fire steed, I usually bring my chiv AI lesser hiryu. Next time I'm around I plan on taking my chiv AI cu sidhe to see what it does.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we ran 2 roofs last night, 4 of us.
we took different pets both times with the only constant being the frost mite.
all pets leeched back hp to anon except for the frost mite.
we all watched and put the pets on individually and watched the health and it was obvious all the other pets where leeching back hp to him but the frost mite nothing.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have an update! According to @Kyronix "This is slated to be resolved in a future Pub 101 release." So, hopefully soon, and hopefully the "fix" doesn't screw up 5 more things. *crosses fingers*

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
we ran 2 roofs last night, 4 of us.
we took different pets both times with the only constant being the frost mite.
all pets leeched back hp to anon except for the frost mite.
we all watched and put the pets on individually and watched the health and it was obvious all the other pets where leeching back hp to him but the frost mite nothing.
We did it a couple of times with 2 Hiryu's, and 1 Frost Mite. It looked to us that Anon DID gain life back from the Frost Mite, while in Earth Elemental form.

Also, we did it yesterday, and it was odd/sad to see Anon turn into a FIRE Elemental, when being hit by 3 Chiv/AI Hiryu's (which do 100% physical damage).

So, I am pretty much done with the roof, unless dragged kicking and screaming by guild mates LOL, until @Kyronix gets it fixed.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did it a couple of times with 2 Hiryu's, and 1 Frost Mite. It looked to us that Anon DID gain life back from the Frost Mite, while in Earth Elemental form.

Also, we did it yesterday, and it was odd/sad to see Anon turn into a FIRE Elemental, when being hit by 3 Chiv/AI Hiryu's (which do 100% physical damage).

So, I am pretty much done with the roof, unless dragged kicking and screaming by guild mates LOL, until @Kyronix gets it fixed.
We also tested taking in a cold drake instead of a frost mite. Anon gained back health in earth ele form from the cold drake. However, it appeared that he only gained health from AI attacks. So it could be that they made AI be a physical attack and that's why all pets give him back health.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We also tested taking in a cold drake instead of a frost mite. Anon gained back health in earth ele form from the cold drake. However, it appeared that he only gained health from AI attacks. So it could be that they made AI be a physical attack and that's why all pets give him back health.
A Cold Drake does 50% physical damage though doesn't it?