• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Annual Subscription (did it ever exist)

kanid99

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please if anyone can, please help me settle a dispute.

I recall once upon a time that UO has a 1-year plan, or a 1-year timecard for $59.98 (or $4.99 a month!). I think it was for a short time, a promotional thing, probably around 97-99 and may have been tied to the release of T2A. My friend says this never happened.

Can anyone help me corroborate this or confirm that Im wrong ?

T

Tazar

If there had been such a plan, I think I would have taken it if I had known about it.

The longest I ever heard of is the 6 month option.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the extra long term options came from when they increased their rate to 12.99..
uo used to be 9.99 a month, they went to 12.99 but then gave the option to pay 6 months in advance keeping it 9.99 a month..

then they started charging tax.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There used to be an annual option, years ago. I do not remember exaclty when, how long they offered it or how much it was though. Every month I remember wishing I had the money for it. I remember talking to alot of my ingame friends about it at one point and them saying that they would never do it because UO would'nt be around that long. lol All the old friends are long gone but UO is still here.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I pay 59.99 for 6 months of play or something like that basically 10 buck a month. That is such a bargain. I get so much pleasure from playing a month of UO and for just $10. I would pay for 3 years if that was an option.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if there ever was a 1 year subscription, but if I recall correctly, EA states they'll give us 6 months notice if they cancel the game. Thus a 6 month subscription will allow for that window of cancellation without people paying for a service they wouldn't be able to use.