• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Announcing the Opening of the NRAG Absentee Auction House!

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Napa Valley!

After seeing how well the absentee auction worked at the recent Chesapeake Rares Fest, I've decided to open one up for us here on Napa! For those of you that saw the one on Chesapeake, I'm making a few changes to the format so please continue reading. For those of you that are not familiar with how an absentee auction works, here's an overview:

Where is the NRAG Absentee Auction House?

We're located a short distance SE from Luna Gate.

Where is the Auction Hall?

At the back wall of the 1st floor Museum level you'll see two teleporter tiles. The one on the left takes you to the Auction Hall, the one on the right takes you to the Auditorium.

How is the Auction Hall setup?

As you can see in the image below, The Auction Hall has twelve pedestals each with a corresponding bulletin board.

The items being auctioned are locked down on the pedestals so that potential buyers can view them. The bulletin board title is a description of the item. Should a potential buyer choose to place a bid on the item, they can see the following details posted in the greeting of the items bulletin board:

1.The Sellers Name
2.How to contact the seller for questions.
3.The Opening Bid Price.
4.The Buyout Price if any.

If there are any current bids you'll see them posted as messages.

How do I bid?

Take a look at the bulletin board for the item you are interested in. If there are no other bids you can post a message with the Opening Bid Price listed in the greeting. Find the highest current bid, it will usually be the last message, and post your bid with an amount at least 500K greater than the current high bid. Please make sure to put a way to contact you into your bid message. For example:

20.5M ICQ: 251457475

The bulletin board will take care of posting your Character Name. If there is a Buyout Price listed you can submit your bid with that amount and the auction will end immediately.

Bidding continues until the auction ends so check back from time to time to see if you're still the high bidder!

How long does the auction run?

Currently the plan is to have bi-weekly auctions with each auction running for one week.

How do I retract my bid?

If you need to retract your bid post a message to that effect on the Bulletin Board for you item. We'll then delete all of your posts for that item. While we understand things sometimes happen, please keep this to a minimum.

How do I know if I've won?

At the end of the auction we'll contact you via the method you listed in your bid to arrange pickup.

How to I get the item?

Once we arrange a pickup time with you, we'll place books on a special vendor in the Auction Hall named “The Auctioneer” priced at the amount of your winning bid. You can then pay for your item by buying the book and we will hand you the item. We complete the process this way to prevent other players from buying your item out from under you! YOU MUST PICK UP THE ITEM WITH THE CHARACTER THAT PLACED THE BID!

Is there a fee to sell an item in the auction?

No it's free!

I want to sell an item, how do I do that?

First there are a few things we need to cover:

1.You must have a Starting Bid equal to or exceeding 5M.

We have limited space available, anything with a value of less than 5M really should go on a static vendor. The auction is geared more toward higher end items. Granted, 5M isn't really high end, but we had to put the floor somewhere and that's what we chose.

2.If there is a bid placed that meets your declared opening bid price, you must sell the item.

If you are not 100% sure that you want to sell please do not enter your item in the auction.

3.If your item does not sell you can relist it again AFTER the next auction cycle.

We have limited space available, you're welcome to relist your item, but we'd like other people to have the opportunity to list their items as well. If your item didn't sell, try listing it with a lower Opening Bid the next auction.

OK I understand the 3 things, how do I submit an item?

You can PM me on Stratics or ICQ me (251457475) and we'll arrange to meet in game. You'll need to have your item in a bag with a book that lists you character name, a way to contact you, your Starting Bid price, and Buyout Price if any. The Buyout Price is not required.

My item sold, how do I get paid?

Once the buyer transaction is complete we'll contact you and setup a time to meet so that we can hand you your gold. If you have a vendor and would rather handle the transaction that way, well make arrangements with you to do so.

When is the first auction?

We are now accepting submissions for the Grand Opening Auction that will run August 2-8. Submissions will be taken until all twelve slots are filled, or until the night of August 1.

That's the jist of it everyone. Please feel free to discuss!

S

Salya Sin

This is a great idea! Thanks Mouser! And your house looks awesome... any clue when you will get your vendors back up? I went to buy your taming tali... and it was gone... you had to of just taken the vendors down... I've been watching for them to go back up! :)

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the positive response everyone!

Salya some of the vendors are back up now. The one you're looking for is fourth from the left. PM or ICQ me if the tali that you want isn't on the vendor and I'll get one for you.

S

Salya Sin

Thanks for the positive response everyone!

Salya some of the vendors are back up now. The one you're looking for is fourth from the left. PM or ICQ me if the tali that you want isn't on the vendor and I'll get one for you.
THANKS! I grabbed it... you rock! :)