• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Announcement: WWF!

G

Grot

Thanks to everyone who participated.

We had a total of 19 contenstants entering the event, plus numerous spectators. There were a variety of creative outfits and names. Names such as "The Tooth Fairy" "The Iron Maiden" "The Pumpkin", and "Shadowspawn" Most of the contestants got 2 fights each. At the end of the fightnight, we were down to Headbanger (also known as Sumatros) and Loki (also known as Loki) who had won both of their bouts. They faced off for a best two out of 3 fight. Loki won the first fight quickly with his hard hitting sword. The second fight was much closer and more drawn out, but Headbanger came out triumphant. The two warriors faced off one more time, with Headbanger breaking the skull of his opponent and winning the main prize. The Title of "Ultimate Champion of Wispwood Wacky Fightnight," 500,000 gold coin and a few minor artifacts of varied value.

Given the variety of people present, the disruptions were relatively few. REV felt it necessary to disrupt early in the event. Surprising since they had a member and an ally trying to participate. VMP attacked near the end also, also surprising since they had numerous members entered and participating. Just goes to show that respect is not in their vocabulary. No respect for their friends, no respect for those who have shown them fairness and provided an entertaining night. Even so, both groups and any others who wish to come are invited to future such events.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If an event went off on siege without disruption then it would be classed as a failed event surely? Me and Arden only messed around for a bit then left and let you get on with, had it not been for us i doubt so many people would even have turned up, we always pull a decent crowd

G

Grot

<blockquote><hr>

had it not been for us i doubt so many people would even have turned up, we always pull a decent crowd

[/ QUOTE ] Keep thinking that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Awww thats nice the upstanding pillars of the community VJ and I^A enjoying an event together, what short memories you all have

[/ QUOTE ]

troll much?

Apparently you havent, or cant, read some of the things I've said on SP.net

Wish I could've been there, sounds like it was fun, dammit...

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help it if after two years i have finally come to realise the so called "siege community" is just a massive bunch of hypocrits who say one thing and do completely the opposite

C

Chester of Siege

Great event, It was hard to tell Grot from "Vince McMahon" at times I could have sworn I saw him hand Dope a lead pipe when Split Cheeks had him on the ropes. Congrats to the champion Headbanger (Sumatros), and the runner up Loki. As far as the scuffles outside the ring go, I guess it was to be expected at a WWF event
Great job Grot/Vince, I hope we can do this again in the near future.

G

*laughs*

I was thinking we need to come up with a better method for separating 2 contestants who are hugging the ropes.

And the chair in the ring was plain funny.

-Skylark

I

Ibichi_Wakayama

Thank you Grot. It was fun and more fun to watch all the others. Makani didn't do well but at least she tried.

And just to clear some things up...that was not Ibichi in the ring!!! It was an imposter.

Great pictures Skylark.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And just to clear some things up...that was not Ibichi in the ring!!! It was an imposter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha...you don't say?

I guess fashion does tell some things. I was horrified to see "Ibichi" wearing a bronze cloak, mismatched pieces of leather armor, and looking much like a potato sack in the duels. As a judge, I had to vote against her in the costume category! I felt something was amiss...

-Skylark

G

I was there too in case anybody wondered whom the arching endlessly hiding elf in the audience was............it was me.

I had fun cuz earlier on this chick come riding by and was trying to wreak some havoc soo Arden dear, if ya wonder whom the archer was taking pot shots at ye yet unfindable from the stands..........haha Twas me ! You move too darn fast but a few of me lil elf's arrows kissed your butt anyhow ! HAHA I HAD to do that ..thanks for helpin me elf gain archery on ye fast moving hiney there Arden.

Everyone kept doing detect hidden, I guess they thought I was gonna swipe their stuff or something....nay I had a game plan of me own there..to up archery on an elf if someone cometh by to disrupt ! But she sucks so she oft darted in and out of *you cant find me mode* whilst taking pot shots at those whom were trying to pot shot the audience. *GAH folks let me stay hidden, even ifn I be a mystery elf in the stands, I am on the good guys side * haha

I stayed till intermission but it got crowed with lots of vampiric ones and I was getting the heebeejeebees so I split...too hard for me to share tea and ales with vmp and vj..but Darth you made a nice TREE that I kept saying I should make into a table ! HAHA

All in all interesting fun event even, if I did exit at halftime from the tavern without saying farewell to anybody...when it got a bit toooooo vampiric/vj for my 'own' lil wee personal comfy cozy zone kinda tastes !

Thanks CWS for a very unique night of entertainment, Patty ROXXOR'd ! haha

Q

Quentico

I arrived a bit late for the event but enjoyed the bouts. I was also elected to be a judge of the contestants as well.

I thought that everyone was having a blast. I enjoyed the costumes (i.e. kudos to the Darth reaper) and was amazed at some of the fighting styles (i.e. REO with the In Mani offensive).

It was unfortunate that VMP with their normal 5-year-old maturity level decided to ruin the event; considering some of their members were active contestants in the event (all of which became disqualified).

I hope we run this again soon, my only suggestion is to perhaps run in an enclosed arena (i.e. rooftop of some tower with a segregated fighting area) where things might not be so disrupted for the audience and participants. In case of disruptive contestants or audience members, they get the boot out of the tower.

Nice Pics Skylark

Regards

Lord Quentico
Flame Guardian
The Seekers of Righteousness [TSR]