• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anniversary/Holiday Container Request - PLEASE

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was having a dream last night about the "Giant" level of the old school Mario game, and I woke up with a huge favor to ask of the devs. :please:

For the upcoming "big" 15 year anniversary, would you be able to enlarge the usable area of the containers our gifts come in? One of the main problems I run into with storage is not necessarily the lock-down limit (although more storage space never hurts), but the number of containers I need to use to store my stuff and still be able to get to what I need. I know that changing every container in the game could be a hassle, and frankly I would not want all containers to be this big when opened; but having some with increased usable size would be AWESOME! This would make everything from home organization to trades much easier in game.

I have included a very basic image to illustrate what I mean. I am not asking for any change in the container graphics or the actual container size; only the size of the opened container where we can view items. As you can see by the image below... an increased container size would allow us to easily store and sort more items. If this is done only with containers given out for events such as the anniversary and holidays, the player base would be able to use what they want for storage and discard the rest while keeping all of the current containers in game the same as they already are.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a screen shot from the EC...it shows a container before I adjust the UI scale...

[/IMG]

Here is the same backpack after I adjust it in the EC:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You realize you could solve this problem by coming over to the "dark side" and using the EC... do you not? Zero storage issues. Everything CLEARLY visible.... nothing hides under anything else. They lie in perfect grid formation.

Of course I do realize some folk don't like the grid... but for people like me with OCD when it comes to organizing it's AWESOME.

If I was any too good at screenshots and all I'd show you that in Pinco's UI you can still have your very ugly style backpack with or without a grid... and you can make it as big or as small as you desire.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that some people like the EC, but I absolutely cannot stand it. In my opinion it is so horrible to look at that it is literally unplayable. In addition to that, 90% of the time I have tried playing it, no matter how many way I adjust the setting, I end up lagging out and crashing. So for both technical and preference reasons, EC is not an option for me.

I also actually prefer the old school pack to the grid form. One of my favorite things about UO is the freedom to arrange my pack the way I want it. I know the grid works better for some people, and that's great. But I really like the original container option; I would just like a larger container size to organize things in.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have an old school container on EC...what the need to do is make the 2d an option in the 3d client and somehow code the 2 together ..if that's even possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have an old school container on EC...what the need to do is make the 2d an option in the 3d client and somehow code the 2 together ..if that's even possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed... I would play an Enhanced Client if I had the option to make it look like the current 2D client... and if it would not consistently crash on me.

There are a lot of feature in the EC that I admit I would love to have available in the CC. Since that is not likely to happen, having a few containers with a larger view size would be a nice feature instead. I will be the first to admit that I am not a programmer... but the option I outlined above "seems" like it would be easy enough to implement.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got nothing against the EC 'cept that my computer is too slow to run it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a huge reason why CC, and perhaps even UO, is so popular. You don't need a good computer to play!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When is the last time any of you tried the EC? In the last while it's been WAY more stable... has run much better and has less crashing issues.

Just saying that perhaps people should keep trying it each time they update. You may find that it works much better for you now.

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still play cc i guess cause im used to it but i keep trying ec to see how things are
Its improving fast
I know i found a way to have classic backpacks i dunno if it was pincos but i think i had it before i tried pincos
What i do know is that last time i tried it i realised i not only ran out of excuses to say cc is better but i also have to admit im missing out on alot by not using the ec
So i must say im using the cc cause im old school same as i still love my snes
I will also admit im only using cc cause i can
Scrap the cc and ill be a lil sad for a bit but part of me wishes they would so ill be forced to get used to the ec
Also id be Happy to see the game advance faster cause the cc takes extra time for updates etc better to focus on one client
And im pretty sure the cc stops some things from being possible
I dont want those who have old pcs to have to quit of course but sooner or later everyone has to upgrade
Cant use that 486 forever

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also while this container idea is simple and a decent request which i feel could and maybe should be done i also feel many who use the cc request alot that the ec does
I think some should stop wasting dev time
I choose to play cc therefore accept theres many think i cant have unless i go ec
Like seeing total stats on my suit
Id love that in cc but i dont ask cause its allready available in ec
They are adding things we want just in the new client and we are free to use em
I never write to nintendo begging for better graphics on my snes
If i want better i play a newer better console
If i choose the old i live with the old

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You realize you could solve this problem by coming over to the "dark side" and using the EC... do you not? Zero storage issues. Everything CLEARLY visible.... nothing hides under anything else. They lie in perfect grid formation.

Of course I do realize some folk don't like the grid... but for people like me with OCD when it comes to organizing it's AWESOME.

If I was any too good at screenshots and all I'd show you that in Pinco's UI you can still have your very ugly style backpack with or without a grid... and you can make it as big or as small as you desire.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -Morpheus

EC - The Red Pill

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually people here are not catching on to what the OP wants. It's not the filled pack image being larger along with everything inside it. it's the pack itself being larger with the items inside remaining small, so more items can be arranged inside the pack without overlapping.

LOOK at the picture. LOOK at the contents of both packs shown. COMPARE the contents of each.

Current pack (the small one in the pic) three powerscrolls on the left side top to bottom.

Larger pack desired (the large one in the pic) six powerscrolls on the left side top to bottom.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tanivar; thats EXACTLY what I was going for. Appreciate the backup. :thumbsup:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The backpack should get bigger the more items it has inside.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I do see your point ..... to a degree. Yes the small packs do make for a harder for the eyes but..... and you kow there always is one.
I made comment to Grimm a bit back on his page in concern of others pointing out the paperdoll's of "other uoish" relms. I saw one thing we really do need done and pointed it out to him that it would be so well needed. The inside of our bags, pouches is sooo dark, In one of the captured pics in that post was a pouch with a goldish lining... I could see everything! You couldnt have lost a thing in that bag! HE agreed that it was something to work on and was doable on his spare time. I hope he has had some of that ! Perhaps if they zoom in a tad for us and do the inner bag thing not to the size of your pic but a few bits bigger would help.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Tanivar said, Endrik and I and I'm sure a lot of folks would like to have a bigger container/backpack choice, not bigger containers with bigger items. I second this request for sure!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with the OP. My characters backpacks are just too small areawise to fit all the runebooks spellbooks comsumables boats mounts and weapons.

In the EC all it does is make the image larger not the backpack area, a pair of glasses would do the same thing so that misses the point.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it! I have packs of alacritys, transcendance and powers that are a complete mess. A bigger container would allow me to arrange them much better than the current overlapping mess they are in now.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with the OP. My characters backpacks are just too small areawise to fit all the runebooks spellbooks comsumables boats mounts and weapons.

In the EC all it does is make the image larger not the backpack area, a pair of glasses would do the same thing so that misses the point.
Exactly. :thumbsup: