• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ankh Room - so what?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe is a huge ankh that can resurrect if you go inside?

B

Brynthe

I believe that entire level of the map is copied from the original Ultima games, the room was of some significance there, I believe (been a LONG time since I've played them), but I'm not sure if it has any real reason for being there now, other than nostalgia for those who've played previous Ultima games.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think several places still needed to be worked on. If you go to the temple of the Stygian Dragon its also empty. I don't think thats the idea.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One time when I walked into the star field, platforms appeared and disappeared under my feet as I walked around. Never seen that work again though...

D

Deb

I think several places still needed to be worked on. If you go to the temple of the Stygian Dragon its also empty. I don't think thats the idea.
I am thinking that they are saving some surprises for us for when SA goes
live.

N

Nenime

I believe that entire level of the map is copied from the original Ultima games, the room was of some significance there, I believe (been a LONG time since I've played them), but I'm not sure if it has any real reason for being there now, other than nostalgia for those who've played previous Ultima games.
You're right! I found a strange old parchment deep down in my private dungeon: a map from Lvl 1 from 'Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss'. Awesome :thumbsup:

EA, am I allowed to load it up? pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease :bowdown:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why wouldn't you be? It's already all over the web anyway. Heck, its even on the Ultima archive site attached to the UO page that I don't remember the link for. Only reason I haven't scanned it in high res is that it would be too muchwork for me.. i'd feel a need to make sure all the imperfections and creases and such that aren't supposed to be there were fixed like I did for the Ultima 5 NES port's map a few years back.