• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animate Dead bugged in Sorcerer Dungeon?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else noticed you cant Animate Dead in Sorcerer Dungeon? The spell seems to only work on Evil Mages. The spells not working on Gargoyles, Demons, or .elementals . Is this a bug? or is this intentional?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And also, when I try to summon earths, it says something likes, "Oops, something was in the way" or some such silly nonsense.

Very annoying

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, many of the spawn aren't their normal versions, but ones set up to quick-decay. It could be that the quick-decay code is interfering with animation.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Atleast EVs and RCs work :)
Partially anyway, my RC's keep getting dispelled a lot in certain parts. Particularly by the the Dull Copper Elementals, Don't remember them dispelling my summons years ago much less 3-4 RC's in a row on a regular basis.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why would you want to animate dead in the first place? Their kills are not credited to you are they? So only adds more chaos? Of course it could be I am wrong in thinking this for many years...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you want to animate dead in the first place? Their kills are not credited to you are they? So only adds more chaos? Of course it could be I am wrong in thinking this for many years...
Yes you get credit for their kills :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Partially anyway, my RC's keep getting dispelled a lot in certain parts. Particularly by the the Dull Copper Elementals, Don't remember them dispelling my summons years ago much less 3-4 RC's in a row on a regular basis.
True enough and the liche lords and the Balrons, I just put weaving on a tamer with a Goo bushi hiryu and between the goo and the lightning I do alright until things get crowded.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I’ve found that animate dead works in the rooms, but not the halls and that often I can’t animate the para corpses.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And also, when I try to summon earths, it says something likes, "Oops, something was in the way" or some such silly nonsense.

Very annoying
I’ve found that animate dead works in the rooms, but not the halls and that often I can’t animate the para corpses.
I am pretty sure the message has to do with line of sight. Similarly, you may not be able to cast teleport from some hallway tiles, or cast EVs. I feel like that's the reason animate doesn't work...but I am unsure as to whether it is LOS or not.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's spotty on letting me summon pixies in the dungeon, as well. It's only let me once so far. Other times it says I can't summon another follower, or something similar, even when I have no followers at all.