• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Lore not working on pets

Moboid

Visitor
Animal lore works on wild animals but not pets since the latest patch.

Tried reinstalling Pinco's, file check UO and stabling pet. Also tried loreing the pet directly, via the pet bar and the target bar.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, same here. I had to switch to vanilla EC. Pincos made an upgrade yesterday but looks like there's an issue with it.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Animal lore works on wild animals but not pets since the latest patch.

Tried reinstalling Pinco's, file check UO and stabling pet. Also tried loreing the pet directly, via the pet bar and the target bar.
It works on 5 slot pets, not ones below

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought I was going nuts.
When I lore new critters, it shows stats, ratings etc fine. After I tame the new dinosaurs, they are not listed in the pet list. Am I missing something?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I was going nuts.
When I lore new critters, it shows stats, ratings etc fine. After I tame the new dinosaurs, they are not listed in the pet list. Am I missing something?
I don't have any data about that, if I have no data, they are not into the creatures DB, and if they are not in the DB they are not in the list :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can help out if you tell me what format you want the data in...
Also, what kind of source are you looking for? Data that's already out there or lore data?
Those dinos have been out for ages now, considering how many people use your UI, no one helped?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can help out if you tell me what format you want the data in...
Also, what kind of source are you looking for? Data that's already out there or lore data?
Those dinos have been out for ages now, considering how many people use your UI, no one helped?
there are some dino on the DB, but some have changed when they become tamable, others were added with the new tamables and noone really cares about gathering data as long as things are working :D
Other people just like to mind their own business and if there is a problem they just wait to get fixed without reporting it (like if I have the crystal ball and know things that have not been reported) :lol:

anyway, you can open the file CreaturesDB.lua in the UI folder and search for the name of a creature, if it's not there, the data is missing. If they don't have a line like: "tamable = 104.7," the taming required is missing so it won't appear in the list.
They should be just few new creatures missing, if you find them let me know :)