• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animal Form Failed 8 Times at Legendary.. Are you serious?

W

Wallenstein

I was just running around casting Animal Form and failed to cast into a Ki-Rin eight times in a row with 120.0 Ninjitsu.. are you kidding me? Eight times? I was not hungry as I had just eaten five bread loaves minutes earlier, but how can one fail 8 times in a row with the ultimate level of mastery in Ninjitsu?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOGuide.com said:
Ki Rin Form

* Minimum skill: 99
* 52.5% success skill 120

* Allows you to move at mounted movement rates
* High stamina regeneration
That would be why.

And hunger has nothing to do with sucess rates. Anyone who tells you it does should be disregarded as an idiot.

W

Wallenstein

That would be why.

And hunger has nothing to do with sucess rates. Anyone who tells you it does should be disregarded as an idiot.
Wow, the chances of failing 8 times in a row are 000.577%... Lucky me.

W

wee papa smurf

A lil off topic, i "fail to hide" quite a bit and im at gm hiding :wall:

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A lil off topic, i "fail to hide" quite a bit and im at gm hiding :wall:
Similarly off topic, I'm Elder Magery and fail Vortex's I don't know how many times in a row on occasions... isn't this a RNG thing for these matters? And how much it sucks at creating Randomness at times. I think moving around a bit between squares actually helps, or so I recall reading, perhaps when you cross between the 8x8 grids. But I digress.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i feal your pain on the failing man. it seriously pisses me off know how much time i put into my ninja and got it to 120 and fail on a damn kirin form. WTF!!! you dont fail a level 8 spell as a mage with 120 magery. and only need 105 in ncro and chiv to never fail any spell so what is the point of the 120 ninja other then the massive death strike.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waahhh, I can't do everything perfectly, blame the gaaaaaaaame

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought that all the skills should be the same.

If as an example a mage at 120 skill level will succeed 100% of the time at an 8th level spell, then all skills that go to 120 should never fail at a specific spell or action when at 120 skill.

Now if you asked "does it surprise me that not all skills are equal", I would say no, not when it comes to EA.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought that all the skills should be the same.

If as an example a mage at 120 skill level will succeed 100% of the time at an 8th level spell, then all skills that go to 120 should never fail at a specific spell or action when at 120 skill.

Now if you asked "does it surprise me that not all skills are equal", I would say no, not when it comes to EA.
EA is completely unpredictable and emits half-baked ideas.