• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And yet another suggestion for the Devs.

L

Lord_British

This one's a little kooky. I doubt it'll happen but I wanted to say it.

For the next expansion, what do you think about a new currency? (call it any name you want but gold will not be accepted on that facet. )

This would mean that insurance would require the new currency on that facet.

This is to force players to actually play on the new facet and would create sort of a new game for them within a game. New players will enjoy some balance as there would be a new damage resist. (ie everyone would need a new suit just for that facet. If the new damage resist was called for example psychic suits and weapons. All the new equipment on that facet would have just psychic damage or resist.) Physical, poison, etc etc would not affect any of the new mobs.) New psychic type melee and magery style skills.

Penny for your thoughts. :mf_prop:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since you don't seem to see it likely happening, would you trust me, a humble human slow thinker to homeostase it's metaframe ? :gee:

Your word will do, why call yourself lord brittish ?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one's a little kooky. I doubt it'll happen but I wanted to say it.

For the next expansion, what do you think about a new currency? (call it any name you want but gold will not be accepted on that facet. )

\
Penny for your thoughts. :mf_prop:
Would Penny's be accepted there? Because if you paid me a penny, for my thoughts and no one cashes pennies, I'd have to raise an army of abused Mongbats to attack your flying fortress.

Amren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to think adding a new currency was a good idea, but then I realized that a new currency would just be something new to farm and sell for real money.

Anyone remember what the initial price of gold was before gold over-saturated the economy as it is now?

If they had a new damage type and it was the only way to damage the new mobs, how would players initially be able to get the new gear to kill the new mobs? Gold sink? farm old mobs?

F

Fink

Would Penny's be accepted there? Because if you paid me a penny, for my thoughts and no one cashes pennies, I'd have to raise an army of abused Mongbats to attack your flying fortress.
:heart: Konge.

If a new currency took the term "million" out of the lexicon, I'd be all for it. It does sound a bit incongruous in the fantasy setting. You could convert all existing gold to copper pieces, and make one "new" gp = 1000 cp, and change loot to copper. But you would have to put a stop to coin gushing into the game for it to work long-term.

Even 40,000 gold pieces sounds like a lot, and that'll fit in your pocket. Imagine how heavy 40,000 gold pieces would be and how much space they would occupy, even if they're very small. Then imagine casually trading that amount of gold.. you'd need a small team of brokers to count it all.

L

Lord_British

I was thinking in terms of every char starting with 1000 new "platinum" pieces when they logged in or getting a coupon for them. You would need to purchase a weapon from the blacksmith and go from there. Yes back to the basics.

S

Stupid Miner

I was thinking in terms of every char starting with 1000 new "platinum" pieces when they logged in or getting a coupon for them. You would need to purchase a weapon from the blacksmith and go from there. Yes back to the basics.
Don't really care about this idea either way, but can we at least have a less generic currency? Like how high-end resources: Agapite and better, or Heartwood and better, don't have counterparts in reality.
Naturally UO should also have a unique currency.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love being ignored... hope you know what kind of curse it is and how to dispel it :)

K

KoolAidAddict

I just love being ignored... hope you know what kind of curse it is and how to dispel it :)
Its called PM and ask that way, and stop tryin to hijack one about GOLD, not names of posters.
Hello.

Back to topic...I think I like the idea of exchanging a certain amount of gold for X pieces of ore colored coin, with different ore colors linked to what each piece is worth.
Then let me gain gold in weight, not pieces, like nuggets of weight.
Perhaps add gold mining to the mining skill.
Just a random idea that escaped thru the fingers to the keyboard!:thumbup:

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could change it so that if your wearing faction items and die it took silver out of your bank instead of gold (just for the faction items, gold for non-faction items). No silver, then no insurance.

V

Victoria Navarre

I think that each city in UO should have its own currency. The Devs have mentioned wanting to get into improving player-run cities? Perhaps let us mint our own coins from mined up metals.