• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And then it snowed..

L

Little Sadie

I am jealous! I would love to see some snow today. Lucky you!

L

Little Sadie

It's so pretty! Those pictures look so peaceful. I wish we had to snow cover up all those leaves I haven't raked yet. LOL!

S

Squeaker

You are SO lucky! The closest I get to snow is the thousand of twinkling white Christmas lights that I have the hubby set up like snow on the ground :D

I don't think we're going to make it back up north until early next year so I've resorted to keeping the house opened up so I can wear my favorite sweaters... lol The rest of the family does NOT appreciate it! Enjoy your snow and cold! I'm extremely jealous

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gotta admit I'm jealous too. We're always the first to get snow like that, lol. We had enough to cover the ground a couple weeks ago but it only stayed a day.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Last weekend when my hubby planned that get away, we drove 4 hours north and got totally dumped on. It was great in front of a roaring fire, but the 6-7 hour ride home in white out conditions? Not so much!! I was so afraid they were gonna close I-75 and we almost didnt make it home at all.......a lot of times we were just kinda guessing where the road was!! I like where I live because we get quite a bit of snow but then it all melts away, then comes back. I grew up where the snow got so deep you couldnt see out the windows of our walk out basement......it even snowed once on the 4th of july!! I'm getting too old for this!!! I'm ready for spring!!:thumbup1:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I-75 and snow.. and going 4 hours north for getaways.. Where are you, if you don't mind me asking? I grew up about 30 miles west of I-75 at Wapakoneta OH, which is why I'm curious.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wapakoneta OH
Wapakoneta, I stayed there once! They had this golf ball if I remember by our hotel. (Or was it an astronaut?) Isn't that like Home of John Glenn or something? It was awhile back, but I remember that town.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, golf ball. Neil Armstrong Air & Space Museum. Used to love going there as a kid.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I-75 and snow.. and going 4 hours north for getaways.. Where are you, if you don't mind me asking? I grew up about 30 miles west of I-75 at Wapakoneta OH, which is why I'm curious.
We live about 30 miles N of Detroit. We traveled to about the Mackinaw Bridge (the bridge connecting the 2 penninsulas of MI). I am not familiar with Wapakoneta or any part of Ohio for that matter but what a fun name!!

I grew up in the middle of no where in the upper penninsula so I am certainly used to the snow but I really love it when we get 6 inches and then it is gone again fairly soon, only to snow again. At least it doesnt really build up here. When spring comes it isnt long before the snow is gone. Growing up we would have to wait what seemed like forever to get rid of all the snow. We would have snow tunnels going everywhere. I grew up on skiis and found it extremely hillarious that around here they actually ski on old garbage dumps!! I could never bring myself to try it!! In the UP there are ski hills everywhere and I had just never heard of such a thing. I didnt become a transplanted Yooper until after college and my what a change!!

And if you are curious, I wanted to go south last weekend and we all know who won!!! You can have a fire in the fireplace AND air conditioning, no? I am SO ready for spring!!

R

ROSIE T

Hi, I'm about 20 miles north of Detroit and am headed up to Holly for Turkey Day! Hopefully the snow they are calling for will be gone by then, or at least the roads clear. It is pretty here when it snows, but it's much nicer when those tulips pop their heads up in the spring!! I'm with you, come on spring. What was going on at the Island this time of year?

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Wow we are fairly close. I live about 10 mins north of the Palace of Auburn Hills. Are you planning on going skiing on "MT" Holly!! I still think that is funny. I didnt believe my husband for a long time that it was actually a dump.

My son (Captain Dizzenflap) ran up to me when he got up this morning saying "Mommy, Mommy, its here its here!! Winter is here!!!" We got a lot of snow last night and most of the day yesterday so we do have quite a bit of snow. Glad SOMEONE is happy!! Of course the next thing he asked is "are the schools cancelled?" We homeschool so I don't think snow will keep him from the dining room table but he still tries. He REALLY wants to go outside. Too much Yooper blood in that boy. Terri, all my leaves are sufficiently covered!!

It is supposed to be 38 here Thanksgiving so you are probably safe.....I think it will probably all be gone, at least off the roads but I think we are to get snow today too.

Absolutely nothing was going on up there that I know of. My husband had found out that he had a 3 day weekend and he wanted to try to get away. I really didnt think it was gonna happen at all because everything was was either a mint or booked and I stopped looking. We pretty much decided we werent going to go for a number of reasons. Then he called and had made reservations in Harbor springs, near Petoskey. We were like the only ones there!! It was really very nice...........until the ride home!!

S

Squeaker

I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the Michigan snow! I'm from the shores of Lake Michigan and am used to tons of snow... I miss everything about it - horseback riding, skiing, snowmobiling, a nice hike in the woods, don't even mind shoveling it! Ice skating on the lake while the men ice fish... ahh.. memories...

As it is, I had to leave my house before 7 am this morning and only needed a light jacket. :(

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Rosie, do you have snow? My hubby just called on the way home from work and was driving thru Troy on I-75. I told him I had a hard time keeping the younger ones in the house but let them go out and shovel so their sister could leave. He was like "huh"? He said it was mostly grass and wet pavement. They had to shovel in front of the van before she could leave!! Guess we got lucky in our little "corner"!!

R

ROSIE T

No snow, it just rained all day. Would rather have snow than rain, if it's going to be winter, let the snow fly!
FYI..you can call me Margo, Rosie is the little green pig I stroll around toontown with!!!
Your kids are very imaginative, snow day when they are home schooled! That one tickled me.
Speaking of snow, wouldn't it be fun if the toons could throw snowballs in the playground at sad toons to make them happy, like the throwing pies at each other during the VP battle?
My granddaughter and I decided this year instead of making snow men, we are going to attempt making snow toons!
In answer to Mt. Dump Holly, no I never went there, it was either Pine Knob or Cabberfae. I hung my skis up a few years ago, okay, maybe more than a few years ago!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Well, it is supposed to warm up here today and the snow is already compressing. I have been reminded of how scared my german shephard is of snow plows though. The last 2 nights we have been woken up by her as she runs up the stairs and jumps on the bed!! This is going to be a long winter!!!

Yeah, it has been just a few years since I was skiing too. I may be wrong but I think Pine Knob is another garbage dump.....at least that is what I was told. But.......if you decide you want to pick up your skis again, it is fairly close and I will gaurantee they have snow at least today!! I have never heard of the other one you mentioned.

I love the idea of throwing snowballs at sad toons!! That would be so cool, esp in the brghh!! My son wants to go out and build calvin and hobbes snowmen on a sled made out of snow that runs into the side of the house or something. He reads those books WAY too much!! He is also talking about building snowmen and trying to sled into them!! Yowzers!!:eek:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Well, yesterday after dinner, my oldest 2 decided to act like the youngest 2 and went outside to build a snowman. My son is 6'3" and "Charlie" ended up taller than him. They used a sled to get these huge snow balls onto grandma's porch so it would be easier to lift onto the snowman. Somehow it ended up in a huge family wide snowball fight that I got the worst of!! Apparently I was the one to hit.

I took pictures of Charlie but sadly, I can't figure out how to post them. I tried to cut and paste but that didnt work so I then sent them to photobucket and tried that way without success. So..........to all those who are missing the snow and cold, I tried to give you a little taste!!!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...And then it got ICY. My favorite precipitation..

... ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

AN ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY.

A WINTRY MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL CHANGE TO MAINLY FREEZING RAIN TONIGHT... RESULTING IN A SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATION OF BETWEEN A QUARTER AND ONE-HALF INCH ACROSS THE WARNING AREA.
Luckily I don't need to be anywhere. I HATE FREEZING RAIN..:gun:

L

Little Sadie

Ohhh! I hate ice. Luckily we missed the ice by a degree. It was icy on the leaves of our bushes last night but the roads were too warm. Don't go out in it!:scholar:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some more, on top of the sheets of ice, YES, best type!!

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF SIX INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT IN ASSOCIATION WITH AN APPROACHING STORM SYSTEM MOVING EAST THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY. FOR THE BULK OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA... PRECIPITATION WILL FALL SOLELY AS SNOW. HOWEVER... DEPENDING ON THE EXACT STORM TRACK... SOME MIXED PRECIPITATION IS POSSIBLE ALONG THE SOUTHERN TIER OF THE STATE ON SATURDAY.
I'm heading out to Mohegan Sun this morning, if I win big I'm moving to Bermuda. Peace.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight, OMG you'd think the world is ending. They ran out of Bananas and the eggs and bread were cleared out. We payed for our groceries in the electronics section due to the long lines up front. Cuz now it's a WARNING, OMG We are going to get stranded!!

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SATURDAY TO 4 AM EST SUNDAY.

AREAS OF LIGHT SNOW OVERNIGHT WILL STEADILY INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY ACROSS CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVIEST FROM MID AFTERNOON THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS... BEFORE TAPERING TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS LATE SATURDAY NIGHT. SLEET MAY MIX IN WITH THE SNOW OVER FAR SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE WARNING AREA... SOMEWHAT REDUCING SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THERE.

BY LATE SATURDAY NIGHT... STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM BETWEEN 6 AND 10 INCHES ACROSS MOST OF THE WARNING AREA...
I gotta dig out my sled..