• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And so Thanksgiving ends-

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My hats off to the team. This was a fun event, interesting, rewards aplenty, loved doin the maps.

Back in the day we used to run everywhere, cause regs were scarce. Saw the countryside and knew mmost of it by heart. Time and the laziness of recall, gate, SJ, brought on by plenty of regs and LRC, have made quite a few of us forgetful old timers have to stretch a bit to solve a few of the maps.
Interesting, I loved that you didnt just throw them down on top of tmap spots, and some of the spots you chose dont even highlight on the THB page.
Made us hunt, explore, and think. I liked it!!

Good Job Devs!!!

:thumbup:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...... course, got a bad crick in m'neck right now from leanin' to the right alla time :D

yah, really fun time.. thanks team!

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, in a weird way, the map solving was more fun than anything *laughs at self* - like you said, saw a lot of countryside I hadn't seen in years. It was like "oh yes, I know this place, I remember mining near here" etc.

All in all, a fun event!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it was a blast. Thanks guys & gals of the Dev team.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, it was a great length of time for everyone to get some time doing it, not so long it drags on, etc. And very fun. I died a bit, but I didn't mind. Got some goodies and am looking forward to getting more from the cornucopias in the future. :D

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely loved it.
I didn't have endless time to do it, But I still managed to get plenty of rewards. And love that we can continue to get rewards from our cornucopias long after.

Whoever thought up this event did an amazing job.:thumbup:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This event marked the first time in months that I dusted my bard off, suited him up, and used him. Thank you for the bard love!

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great event...didn't have a chance to do it a lot, but I did it enough and got to really use my bard....maps were frusterating at the beginning, but I actually ended up enjoing the hunt...nice rewards as well

Hats off devs...nice job!

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved it also!
I remember all the group treasure hunts with my guild trying to find the exact spot to dig. I did use the big map to just get a lay of the land but I also felt that this event made me get up and walk and reconnect with the land.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*joining the applause-crowd*

The only issue I have are the major bugs in the beginning. It should simply not happen that a map can be "done" hundreds of times, giving any reward to those few bug users in abundance that others have to do like it was intended to do. Also the "guard-whack-bug" was very obvious; UO is around for ages, and for ages this "method" of killing ugly critters has been around and should be on the radar of any qm.

Otherwise: A nice little story, nice steps to follow, nice rewards - overall well done, thanks.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i loved the event

changed my tamer template to that of a provo bard, went to moonglow where i had up to 8 turkeys on screen, so provo's all onto one and the discod that

a kill every few mins, missed a few days of turkey loot but once my friends and I got out heads around it loot was plentyful

got the lot ithink, with a harrow n my last event day with 4 maps to spare, did about 250 maps in all

fantastic stuff

what we up to next????

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved the event. :)

So for Christmas we killing reindeers to find Rudolphs red noose? ;)

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

I thoroughly enjoyed the event, and agree with thanks and congrats to those who conceived, designed, and developed it, However, Thanksgiving, or more specifically the giving of thanks, should never end.

An SoS

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved it too! and the Halloween event as well and almost all events the last years!
The maps and the rewards and the turkeys, all was fun!

Y

Yalp

I'd have to say 2 great back to back events... we were barely done with Halloween when Turkeys came calling.. and in UO's special unique way, Turkeys got some payback for all the tables they have been on!

Only one thing I'd suggest.. and I hate to do it since it sounds like a gripe..

I just wish the tiny t-maps were a little larger.. my old eyes, even with bi-focals, had some tough times making out the features.

A big round of :thumbup:

J

jelli

I loved the event. :)

So for Christmas we killing reindeers to find Rudolphs red noose? ;)
yep - was fun. looking forward to more events like this...Now what to do with all those jack-o-lanterns.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, what they said.

My favorite bit was taking friends to all the map spots. With every spot I was able to tell a story of times of yore.

"Oh yeah, here is where my old RP village was!"
"Oh yeah, here is where we used to go for practice."
"Oh yeah, there used to be a great tavern here."
"I was attacked here once in Fel back when healing was new, boy were those attacker's shocked!"
And on and on. I don't think I had a single map without a story of some kind.

The bad part was remembering that all of those stories were old, 90% (pulls number out of hat) were from pre-Trammel days when overland hunting was the thing to do.

D

Deb

Definitely a "hats off" to the team. The last 2 events were great, not
saying previous ones weren't. But all the new graphics in these were
awesome. Thank you again. :thumbup::heart::thumbup:

L

Lord Drakelord

It was a lot of fun and I hope you repeat the t.. urkey maps next year. great way for all to relearn the lands.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it confirmed that the brushes are no longer available?

I still have maps and wasn't on over the weekend :thumbdown:

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had little time to enjoy it, but still had a blast, and got some of the cool PC (Pixel Crack) too!!

Thanks Devs...looking forward to Christmas!!

:pint::drool::thumbup:

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At work just now, will try as soon as i get home.

Fingers crossed!

PS thanks for letting me know.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed that the last 2 events were awesome and the opening of SA - awesome.

They should do an event simular to those 2 events and/or the tonokia drop event but have it in the new lands to break people into the new lands. and to explore those new SA lands.

Lorddog

C

Cazzador

Well turkeys are gone, but you can still get the Ornithologit's Brush in Baja. So if you got maps there get to them before its gone, which probably be tonight.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Dev's for a wonderful Thanksgiving treat! I honestly had a blast using my bard.

I did wonder if someone is a South Park fan when I saw the Giant Mutant turkeys.:)

M

Meadow2

I agree totally. This past year has been the most fun ive had in a long time. I didnt play UO for a while because it just seemed to be the same thing over and over again, but with SA and then the holidays its been a blast. Although i know it would be alot of work, i just hope it keeps coming.

Great job.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wooo got the brush and did my last 7 maps (of about 30)

So far the only thing i'd gotten was the Cornocopia but in my last 3 maps I got Nest and Stuffing :party:

Good event, really enjoyed it.

More for bards pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzeeee?

:party:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts are oldish ('98) and for the first 3-4yrs I played pretty much daily. But then my RL friends left the game for the more "stylish" EQ (or so they thought) - and my playing dropped off.

I just couldn't bring myself to abandon my chars (that had worked so hard and survived so much) - or this "land". Like I've read here from others, doing the maps brought back so many memories of places - places I hadn't seen in so long, but that held so many memories.

I'll be doing more quests now, and will make new "ingame" friends (my bard can only do so much alone). This event has made playing much more interesting for me now.

The last thing I'll add is that the "art/graphics" done for the Cornucopia was simply splendid, IMHO. Works of art that will adorn my homes for many Thanksgivings to come. A really big "hats off" to all the Devs for this quest, and especially for the ones that gave us those Cornucopia's. ( And that they keep producing interesting food on into the future was just an added plus).

See you all "around"... :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great event.

Down side seeing all those locations that used to be filled with houses. At least three max lock locations. There is what two or three houses along the west side of the Destard Dragonhame Mountain.

I had to use the spawn in the Trinsic Fens of the Dead to kill my last Turkey. Three minutes out from server down.