• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And PoC Takes the Lead

• Thread starter Amathist of PoC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Amathist of PoC

EoB we finally did it we gained the first place on the vet list again....

Guild Name / Veteran Members
1. Pirates of Cove / 134
2. Empire of the Oceanian Blade /128
3. The Third Legion / 78
4. Oceania Murderers Guild / 71
5. Shadow Rebels / 47
6. Murder Death Kill / 38
7. Tears of Chaos / 34
8. The Blue Dragons / 31
9. SIMPLETON SLAYERS of OCEANIA / 22
10. Allegiance of One / 19

It is also awesome that our allies The Third Legion and The Blue Dragons are also on the list. Way to go everyone.

K

Katlene

Congrats to POC!!! thats quite i feat indeed!
I cant see any reason for you not to gloat to everyone on the shard rather then just those that go to the POC forums.
Its an awesome effort.

A

Amathist of PoC

They are not hurting anyone.. if you dont like it dont read it! sheesh

GRATS POC...

oh look were number 8 !!!
hehe come on brit get you guys up to number 2 and we will take out 1st 2nd and 3rd for the shard.

T

Teeshy

Sorry, I know we've had a discussion about this before, but I really don't see how this is a big thing =P

The *very* first day I played this game I was a "vet" member, because all it is is the amount of skill points you use. I had no idea there was a skill point limit, and ran around all day buying up every skill I thought sounded like it would be fun to use - only to be told at some point I couldn't use any more =( (was a very sad thing for me, I wanted to learn EVERYTHING! =D)

Add to that the fact that guilds encourage players to to join up every character on thier account, and to buy up "useless" skills just to make it to vet status, or even offer to buy those skills for them - and it means even less.

I could understand if it was a *genuine* measure of something, but it really isn't.

Sorry to be a downer on something you're obviously so very proud of, but I just don't get it at all.

F

Fink

Sadly "back in the day" 134 members wouldn't even have got a guild close to the top 10.. rather grim how things have declined. :(

A

Amathist of PoC

Sorry, I know we've had a discussion about this before, but I really don't see how this is a big thing =P

The *very* first day I played this game I was a "vet" member, because all it is is the amount of skill points you use. I had no idea there was a skill point limit, and ran around all day buying up every skill I thought sounded like it would be fun to use - only to be told at some point I couldn't use any more =( (was a very sad thing for me, I wanted to learn EVERYTHING! =D)

Add to that the fact that guilds encourage players to to join up every character on thier account, and to buy up "useless" skills just to make it to vet status, or even offer to buy those skills for them - and it means even less.

I could understand if it was a *genuine* measure of something, but it really isn't.

Sorry to be a downer on something you're obviously so very proud of, but I just don't get it at all.
Yes some players have brought skills but I actually believe this time it is pretty much a legit measure of the guilds skill, as the guild has grown yet again and I know alot of them have been training. They where also spurred on by EoB's claim of the 1 spot in the guild listing thread. But mostly they have skilled up to do things like doom and peerless more often and with larger numbers.

And yes some of our members have double characters in the guild but we also have like 90 or so individual members.

It is purely ment as a bit of fun, and yeah something the guild is proud of as it is something we did not think we would ever get close to.

And yes we did discuss this before and your entitled to your opinion but yes I remain proud of the guild as I think it is an achievement in numbers alone a few years ago there is no way we would of came close to even have numbers to look like getting on the vet list.

So just like the EOB leader was proud so am I and so are my guild members. You can feel how you wish thats up to you.

Fink - I totally agree the numbers have dropped but I guess that is all the way around guilds are smaller, shards are smaller so it stands to reason the list has lower numbers.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

I dont want to mass recruit ... little guidls are far better to keep track of... I know everyone... they are either quit and keep to them selves or when they are online they all hang out... also being in Canada the time zone is ...well sucky lol and i rarely see most so being small works for us hence why we joined the alliance with you so we have some more to play with and help each other out =):lick:

D

Daniella-EOB

EoB we finally did it we gained the first place on the vet list again....
Congrats Ama and PoC.

Posted by Teeshy

The *very* first day I played this game I was a "vet" member, because all it is is the amount of skill points you use.

Could't have said it better myself.

Posted by Amathist
Yes some players have brought skills but I actually believe this time it is pretty much a legit measure of the guilds skill, as the guild has grown yet again and I know alot of them have been training. They where also spurred on by EoB's claim of the 1 spot in the guild listing thread. But mostly they have skilled up to do things like doom and peerless more often and with larger numbers.

And yes some of our members have double characters in the guild but we also have like 90 or so individual members.

It is purely ment as a bit of fun, and yeah something the guild is proud of as it is something we did not think we would ever get close to.

And yes we did discuss this before and your entitled to your opinion but yes I remain proud of the guild as I think it is an achievement in numbers alone a few years ago there is no way we would of came close to even have numbers to look like getting on the vet list.

So just like the EOB leader was proud so am I and so are my guild members. You can feel how you wish thats up to you.
The main reason why EOB has dropped a little is that some of the members have left for fel based guilds or even factions. All our members train the skills they require on whichever character they are making at that time. I also know that Don (EOB guild leader) was happy to see his guild on top and also with the most members, which has since dropped due to understandable reasons. Once again Congrats to Amathist and PoC.

Oh by the way EOB is still the oldest guild atleast Tram based, correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe it has been around for about 9 years just an estimate but close to that.

A

Amathist of PoC

I know you are one of the oldest ...not sure if the oldest but it would be cool to find out who the oldest still running guild is.

O

Ovrkill

Anyone who made a guild on the first day oceania went live, and the guild is still active...
Mine being one of them.
Couple of years on sonoma before that.

Who else here still has a guild that was made on the first day oceania went live ??

S

Septimus

So does that mean if I didnt put my characters in omg we'd be tied? hehe, well done but.

K

Katlene

Is there a way to find out the age of a guild? like the creation date?

A

Amathist of PoC

Is there a way to find out the age of a guild? like the creation date?
Not that I know of, I had poc's writen down as I made forums on the same day that the guild was created so the date was recorded that way.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

I dont know how old TBD is but I took over 6 years ago and I guess its been around now for 9 years maybe 10. If any old players could conferm that for me that would be great... Anyway its older then 9 years for sure :D

S

Sunrise

Looking for rum bottle..notices the bulletiin on the inn I was just kicked out of..I mean the Inn I just left :D

Congrats!!!! This is great news.

happy for ya :D

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

O

Ovrkill

I dont know how old TBD is but I took over 6 years ago and I guess its been around now for 9 years maybe 10. If any old players could conferm that for me that would be great... Anyway its older then 9 years for sure :D
cant be older then 7 years on oceania, seeing oceania was open to the public on 02/02/2001 or close to that date.

K

Katlene

Well i have ToV these days. trying to get GM's to fix a bug so i can resurect the guild. Its been around for a hell of a long time

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FEZ was created the day Oceania started.

I used to think that the guild numbers thing was pretty cool, when RED was on top for a while i felt pretty good. But when another guild suddently got 26 members added over night and i was told that they enforced all players to buy up skills to be vets and guild all chars up i realized how pointless it was.

F

Fink

FEZ was created the day Oceania started.
Hmm, wasn't sure that was right but according to uo.com I've been a a subscriber since February 2001 & I started FEZ on my first day (had it planned months in advance with Feenicks). According to my character, my account is 87 months old (7 years, 3 months), plus I deactivated my account for a year while I studied.. may've lost the difference (about 4 months?) in that time.

But from personal recollection, this was after Trammel housing had opened up on Oceania. I remember Feen had a log cabin near Britain Graveyard back then (his house still stands there, although it was a large tower for a time, now a custom). FurBaLL also lived near there, too, plus a few other celebs. I was all but based at Feen's although my actual first house was a large marble in Felucca. Eventually I moved north of Vesper and co-owned 5 houses in a dual-facet player town that Feen & I named Fezper... I digress..

Guessing FEZ is 7 years, 7 months old.

O

Ovrkill

I went and had a bit of a peek to see the actual dates that all this took place. I was a year off in my previous statement.

January 2000 — Ultima Online expands into Australia with "Oceania," UO's 21st shard.
This was the "test" time that the shard was opened, everything we did over the week leading up to the real open was deleted and we had to start from scratch. It didnt actually go live till feb 2nd.

Ultima Online: Renaissance (April 3, 2000) doubled the size of the world, as there were literally two copies of it. The worlds were called Felucca and Trammel, after the two moons in Ultima's Britannia world. The Trammel world did not allow player killing and was geared towards fighting monsters. Felucca also adopted a darker, more foreboding look and kept it's player vs player roots. Subscription was at its height during this period.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

cant be older then 7 years on oceania, seeing oceania was open to the public on 02/02/2001 or close to that date.

Ok see I didnt know that... I joined TBD 6 years ago ... Took over as GM not even 6 months later.

I was told its on of the longest guilds in Oceania... Maybe the name started on a different shard.

Thanks Ovrkill for that info :D

O

Ovrkill

I think a lot of guilds started on other shards. Mine was started on sonoma around Feb 1999.

A

Amathist of PoC

Ok see I didnt know that... I joined TBD 6 years ago ... Took over as GM not even 6 months later.

I was told its on of the longest guilds in Oceania... Maybe the name started on a different shard.

Thanks Ovrkill for that info :D

Would you like me to email lionheart and see what he knows? Perhaps they did start on another shard if you think of Ameraust where Lady Maya came into play maybe she and TBD transfered...but of course I have no clue but can email Lionheart if you like.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

ya you can email Lionheart... I'll as Page when i see him online, He was GM before Lionheart was. And as for Maya, well she joined well after i did and only for a RP reason. She took over TBD when Lionheart departed but no one wanted her as GM cause she didnt know anyone and only been in the guild for maybe a week. Plus she never answered he ICQs and people wanted a GM that wa around.. back then No one wanted to take over so I did and never regretting that HEHE