• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And now for the lighter side of UO: the Semidar that hacked

G

Gellor

While running around t2a the other day, I found a group of about six guys doing a Semidar champ. I arrive when Semidar is up. They are wailing on her while I try to gather the troops to get some free l33t loot:thumbsup:

After about twenty minutes, I finally get another two guys to help me. But in that time, Semidar hasn't been scratched. I mean literally during that twenty minutes I see only a sliver of red on her health bar.

I'd never seen this group on my shard so I'm sitting there thinking, god this new group sucks... must be some PvPers not ready for PvM or something.:coco:

My group shows up and we wipe these guys out. I mean it wasn't even funny how fast they fall over... two stealth archers and a mage.

So my group starts pounding on it. I go grab my mage with slayer books who's had good luck at champs(and is female) In 10 minutes, we have the same story. Only a sliver of damage. I'm doing 40 point ebolts to her.

We have another two people show up, one is a tamer with GD, and continue beating on Semidar. After another 10 minutes, I swap out to my PvM Sampire. No difference. Still only a sliver of damage showing.

In the middle of this, we get raided by another guild. We had a guy watching them for 15 minutes and the same story. In fact, one of their guys said something like "might as well quit since it isn't going to die".

So did we get a super l33t haxor Semidar? Or has Semidar been boosted up recently? Should I have whiped out my disco tamer right off the bat?

I haven't done a Semidar in a long while but I don't recall her being this much of a pain.:coco:

N

Nevermore

Hehe, you need to sweet talk her a lil bit before you start. :)

G

Gellor

Well, I did set out the futon and had wine on the night stand. She wasn't impressed:p

Y

Yalp

occasionally you could get a para champ. We had this happen on Baja in the veld, it was supposed to be fixed, perhaps it wasn't.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
everytime ive been involved in fighting semidar it seems different. sometimes shes standard difficulty other times shes all hopped up from smokin blackrock or something. tis a mystery

C

CatLord

The same way you have GD with different skills, hps and resist... so are the Champs.

Option A:
- Discorder.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So did we get a super l33t haxor Semidar? Or has Semidar been boosted up recently?

Hmmm....... just thinking.....

What if this is some change to bring some life back to Champion Spawns ?

I mean, if all Champions are made so strong and self healing that they need at the very minimum a group of 20, perhaps even 30 players all hitting them in order to get their powerscrolls this could make it so that hardly any guild could alone get Champ spawns done with a few people.......

It is not easy for a single guild to gather some 30 players all online at the same one time to take on a Champion and so, if Champions had been made this strong this would FORCE various guilds to actually collaborate with each other in order to kill the Champion.

Even better, if SEVERAL guilds were blocked at a Champion spawn because ALL their members ARE needed there to hit the Champion in order for it to go down, they could not take care of other Champion spawns leaving them open for other players and guilds to do them.......

So, I sincerely hope that yes, this is a wanted change to Champion Spawns for the better.

Actually, I hope that they made Champions so strong that in order to kill them no less than some 30 players htting them for at least some 30 minutes would be needed.

G

Gellor

The same way you have GD with different skills, hps and resist... so are the Champs.

Option A:
- Discorder.
Yeah... that is true to a degree... but I've never encountered one that was this bad. The range of stats aren't THAT large.

To me, the one I encountered was like a super dragon compared to a regular dragon.

Popps, please lay off the drugs. Your post shows how little you know of "spawn controlling" guilds. They regularly have 15 people on, frequently have 20 people on, and more than 25 a LOT.

So with your wonderful proposal, we'll give the champ spawns to the spawn controlling guilds and throw everyone else to their scroll pricing mercy:coco:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with your wonderful proposal, we'll give the champ spawns to the spawn controlling guilds and throw everyone else to their scroll pricing mercy:coco:

Really ?

Even if a guild had enough members (30 ?) to get ONE Champion Spawn done, if all of their members or most of them HAVE TO be at that one spawn to get it done, for an extended period of time, they cannot be at the same time at OTHER Champion Spawns thus leaving them open for other groups of people to do other spawns.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps, take your ass out of your head and actually GO to Felucca, do a spawn and see if raiders show up. We've done several spawns with 3-4 ppl usually on (our guild vendor has made over 100mil in a month). Most of the time no one shows up, a few times there's 1-2 ppl coming to the champ which are then killed by us.

G

Gellor

Really ?

Even if a guild had enough members (30 ?) to get ONE Champion Spawn done, if all of their members or most of them HAVE TO be at that one spawn to get it done, for an extended period of time, they cannot be at the same time at OTHER Champion Spawns thus leaving them open for other groups of people to do other spawns.
Uh okay... sure Popps... if thinking that makes you sleep at night.

Have you actually EVER been in a champ controlling guild? Even for a day?

If you answer no to the above, you don't have a remote clue how they operate.

Do you think they would send every last man they have to a spawn?

If such a lame idea was EVER implemented, I will guarantee you that a champ controlling guild will devote one or two players to go scout every spawn they aren't doing. They will drop everything when they find another group and destroy them. Then they will let a spawn revert and finish off one.

The above scenario is how it currently works for raid guilds... if they can't do a spawn or have no desire to do it, they will let it revert. That is fact. I've done so in the past.

Now for the rest of us who know how things really work, lets get back to the hacking Semidar that is the original topic.

Did EA do something funky to her recently? I know they beefed up Rikki... but I didn't hear anything about Semidar. The slight variation the game allows for monsters in resists, stats, and skills doesn't account for this hard to kill issue I ran into. I recall the past being able to do three man Semidars and dropping her in under 30 minutes.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the champs were boosted in some publish. They gained alot more hp, mana and better resists.

N

Nikodemus

Same thing happen to me awhile back also we was 4-6 warriors and archers and could not scratch her

At that point we was all or mostly male chars so we asumed that was the problem

Pure speculations ofc

G

Green Meanie

if it took that champ guild 30 ppl to kill a champ then its gonna take you jsut as many and just as long to kill your champ so they will finish there champ and then come kill you at the champ you thought u were farming safly becouse they are all tied up in there champ. You see it would be even worse than now becouse larger window the champ is up to make it to the place to raid the spawn. as it is now ive seen 7-8 man ppl kill a champ in 5 mins and walk out with the scroll before a guild can finish taking someone elses champ and make it there with man power.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While running around t2a the other day, I found a group of about six guys doing a Semidar champ. I arrive when Semidar is up. They are wailing on her while I try to gather the troops to get some free l33t loot:thumbsup:

After about twenty minutes, I finally get another two guys to help me. But in that time, Semidar hasn't been scratched. I mean literally during that twenty minutes I see only a sliver of red on her health bar.

I'd never seen this group on my shard so I'm sitting there thinking, god this new group sucks... must be some PvPers not ready for PvM or something.:coco:

My group shows up and we wipe these guys out. I mean it wasn't even funny how fast they fall over... two stealth archers and a mage.

So my group starts pounding on it. I go grab my mage with slayer books who's had good luck at champs(and is female) In 10 minutes, we have the same story. Only a sliver of damage. I'm doing 40 point ebolts to her.

We have another two people show up, one is a tamer with GD, and continue beating on Semidar. After another 10 minutes, I swap out to my PvM Sampire. No difference. Still only a sliver of damage showing.

In the middle of this, we get raided by another guild. We had a guy watching them for 15 minutes and the same story. In fact, one of their guys said something like "might as well quit since it isn't going to die".

So did we get a super l33t haxor Semidar? Or has Semidar been boosted up recently? Should I have whiped out my disco tamer right off the bat?

I haven't done a Semidar in a long while but I don't recall her being this much of a pain.:coco:
semidar is very easy to kill but not with mages, you need a bushido necro chiv dexxer, use a weapon that has a lot of stamina leech, and have someone keep you healed, you honor semidar, then enemy of one, go into wraith form and armor ignore it over and over until out of mana if your weapon allows this, do consecrate weapon when needed, then do lightning strike for a bit, and keep switching back and forth, takes about 10-15 mins with this strategy, you also need spirit speak on the template or u won't get mana back

C

CatLord

Good lesson there, D.

Popps is right... we should have tough champs that should only be killed by 15+ players.
Gellor is right... it would make powerscrolls almost impossible to get.

Watching the web, you can fid many powerscrolls being sold for $...
Watching the devs (bamboo stool), everything that has an online $ value is slowly taking a hit:
- gauntlet artefacts
- replicas
- rares

I do believe they are doing this according to a simple plan... bring back uo to the people that play, not the people that leech uo.

Then again, i might be wrong...

G

Gellor

All of the champs were boosted in some publish. They gained alot more hp, mana and better resists.
Is there anywhere that has what the new current stats are for the champs?

I'd do an animal lore myself but it is damn tough to solo a champ up and not get raided. And I think it'd be just as tough on test :coco: