• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ancient Wyrms

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've switched my t-hunting skills to my tamer. Last night I popped a level 6 chest. I did the recall and drag thing to kill the spawn. The trouble I had was with the wyrms and to a lesser extent the balrons.

Using my GD I got it down to about 200 hit points left. Then it started flying around and my drag would just go around in circles not hitting it. I kept retargeting the wyrm but it just kept healing. I even changed to a cu once to see if my drag was just crazy. Same thing happened.

While I was finally able to kill them, it took forever. Anyone had this problem and is there a way to keep the drag on target?

G

guum

I'm assuming you tried "all stop", followed by "all kill", correct? All stop resets the pet if it's doing something you don't want it to do.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, was doing that. I was on the island off Skara. Maybe the trees were messing it up.

Z

Zodiac19

AW's can be a pain in the butt when they fly out of range of your pets. Thats why I run a straight mage tamer temp on my t-hunter, so I can nuke it with spells when my pet(s) can't reach it.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found that all of the powerful flying monsters (AW, GD, Balron, etc..) like to tuck tail and fly around when their health gets low. You have several options in this case: ranged weapon, spells, or your casting pet. Discord helps you too, so you can lower the target's resists and do more damage.

Stayin Alive,

BG

G

gramarye

Peace stops stuff doing that. I use it to stop ballys flying away all the time.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have room for any bard skills and have no eval so my spells suck. I did a few more on other islands and didn't have the same trouble. While they might fly a bit, the drag stayed on them.

The island that was trouble was the little one off Skara. I even had one get stuck out in the water. I finally went and got my archer to kill it and used a boat to go loot it. Something with the trees and heights must be screwed up there. Last one I did on Fire island I had no trouble even though there are a lot more trees.

On a side note...why can't they put at least one healer on all the islands. It really sucks to die out there. I tried placing a boat I could walk onto, but the tillerman wouldn't listen to my commands while dead. Stuck option was the only choice since I don't have sacrifice up yet.