• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Atlantic] Ancient Blood Under the Waves [Story]

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several of them sat around a large oak table as the man entered the doorway, waiting as he waited silently to be acknowledged. His human ears caught the tail end of the conversation, although his face showed no sign.

"... we will need to find away around them if he is to be retrieved, " Alisa said as she flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder. "Send Phaidra."

"She is nay one o' us, " Lady Lenoir said firmly. "She would nay be able t'get 'im. She requires air."

"How annoying, " the blond woman said. "You'll need to find one to do it after the creatures have been removed... I..." Alisa paused as she saw Ariana's eyes turn to the doorway. Alisa smirked slightly at the waiting man, letting her eyes drift down his tailored suit.

An armored man across from Alisa with his feet propped up had ceased in cleaning under his nails with the tip of his dagger with a look of amusement as well. A cloaked figure at the other end of the table, shook her head in what appeared to be amusement as well, although no sound came from her. On the table in front of her sat a fairly large rat which seemed to turn its head to look at the man with its dark, beady eyes. A dark-haired man near the head of the table, curled a couple of fingers and scratched briefly at his brow line as his mouth went slack slightly with a wolfish toothy grin.

"Corbin." She gestured for him to enter, "We were jus' reviewin' the maps ye provided." He bowed slightly and went to take his place along one edge of the table. She flicked her hand at the three maps on the table. "Have ye managed t'narrow the location down?"

"Yes, Your Grace." He leaned over and tapped the map for Buccaneer's Den, "All our research is leading to this location."

"Are ye still certain he is resting under the waves?" Ariana inquired.

"Yes, Your Grace. We believe it is near the docks themselves, but the presence of the Drow and the local sea life has made verification difficult."

"Indeed." She leaned back slightly against the chair as her blue eyes scrutinized the suspected location. "Ye 'ave done well. I will make sure to donate a substantial contribution to your institute after we confirm the location is correct."

"Thank you, " he said with a slight bow.

"I require something else. " She paused for a moment before continuing as she leaned forward slightly again. "We will arrange for the need, but I will require you to play a part in it. You will locate an' purchase fishing nets that will be strong enough to capture the creatures and bring them to the surface. I need the waters completely clear of sea serpents, krakens and their ilk before we can confirm your information. The Drow will be soon find a pressing need for such equipment."

"How am I to explain my sudden interest or such a healthy donation to their plight?" he asked.

"Tell them ye require samples of those creatures. Ye lack the strength to bring them the surface as well as deal wit' their ferocity. When ye 'eard of their troubles, t'at ye thought ye would see if ye could work wit' them in common interest."

"Understood.

"I will send word when we have inspired the need."

He bowed slightly and left the group to once more look down at map of Buccaneer's Den.