• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anatomy/tactics advice

• Thread starter captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

captainobvious

ive got a dexer at the moment. 120 fencing gm tactics and gm anatomy...

after the completion of his template i had 20 extra points to toss around. so i raised both anat and tactics to 110..... that hasnt seemed to make any difference at all that i can notice.

question is.... would it be beneficial one way or another to put the 10 points on one of those 2 stats and lower the other one back to gm? and if so..... which one should be raised to benefit a dexer?

muchas gracias

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have healing, I'd go with anatomy.

Of course, GM anatomy and tactics should be plenty - there might be another skill (or skills) that would benefit from an additional 20 points more than either.

C

captainobvious

im running about 50 chiv.... it gets me by. i could possibly raise that. i had originally thought i was being a genius and getting a slight bump in hit damage from tactics and healing points from anatomy by raising them both. that wasnt the case as it turns out. so i figured i could raise 1 of them to 120 if it would give one of those attributes enough of a bump to notice. as it stands....

120 fence
120 resist
110 tact
110 anat
100 poison
100 healing
50 chiv

i can get the weapon bonus and stamina bonus with a try or 2 with 50 chiv, so i dont see an overwhelming reason to bump that to 70..... unless 120 anat or tactics isnt any different than gm.....??
thats the debate as it stands. if my guess is anywhere correct.... id think the healing bonus to anatomy would be more beneficial. unless someone knows otherwise.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use any special moves aside from poisoning?
If not, then you could drop tactics entirely and go for some other skill - without the special moves consideration, adding on tactics doesn't do as much to increase your DoT as other skills can.

The damage bonus for tactics is best at GM - you get a little boost right at GM... I would go 0, 70, 90, or GM tactics, and nothing else for any of my templates.

The extra damage and healing gained from anatomy isn't that much, but if you find that your healing is failing against poison every so often, or that you aren't getting back up to full health at least 90% of the time after using a bandage, it might be nice to add it here.
If your healing is still low with 120 anatomy, you might consider changing it to 120 healing and 100 anatomy.

An extra 10 or 20 in chivalry wouldn't be a huge help for you in PvM, but it can give you that critical edge you need in some PvM battles and all PvP battles.

Are you a human, or an elf?

C

captainobvious

elf

about the chiv..... if i were to cast consecrate weapon with 50.... would it boost the damage rate less than casting it at 70??? i guess i never thought of that possibility.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consecrate weapon doesn't boost damage, it changes the damage you deal to your opponents weakest resist.
It would increase the duration of the spell, however (I think... I'm pretty sure it's impacted both by skill level and karma, but it might just be karma).

Since you're an elf, adding in 20 meditation might not be a bad idea if you find yourself low on mana often (using a weapon with mana leech is another alternative).
Adding in 20 parry would also be useful, as it would reduce the number of times you get hit a little.

C

captainobvious

does parry actually work?? lol

i got a swords char i tinker on, its at 96 parry. and i really cant notice much difference from my char without it. is it a skill thats only active if your using a 2 handed weapon? or will it work the same with a sword and shield? that one has always confused me. i was considering dropping it for resist, but if its a good one ill hang onto it. :p

i may go home tonight and try tinkering with some soulstones.... perhaps transfer my tactics back down to 100 and go the anatomy route and see if that makes any difference at all. if not.... i may put it on parry as you suggest or toss it on chiv so i fail less.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, parry works. If you primarily fight casters, it's not too useful, but if you fight meleers it is a huge help.
If you don't have bushido, parry is most effective when using a shield.
If you have bushido, parry doesn't work at all if you use a shield, and is most effective using a 2h weapon. (that is over-simplifying it, but is the basic idea)

C

captainobvious

that explains it....i had been building both bush and parry on the swords guy.

thanks for the help with everything. its much appreciated.