• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anatomy and Healing FAQ (Updated July 5)

G

ok so im trying to gm anat, have healing at 60, sail around healing until i get a just anat gain without a heal gain thats not ggs, stop, set healing locked and milk the spot, this worked until at 76 anat the spot just stopped working at all, im perfectly sure i didnt walk, move, gain any other skill or stat at all, any idea what has happened anyone?

S

sherkborg

<font color=purple> It ran out.

I did it and got to 99.9 and it ran out. I healed for a extra 30 mins on that spot and didn;t GM. Had to sail around till I gained my last point. Was a bugger.

D

DirtyDee

i must say i was skeptical of "milking the gain." but I GM'd my anat from 83 in 2 hours in the same spot! much thanks, this tip is absolutley golden!

N

Nox McChaos

Anatomy is by far one of the easiest skills to GM. It is as easy to GM as Musicianship with locked enticement used to be. (~2-1 hours on newbie bard).

Here is what I do:

Where: Trammel Graveyard.
What: Anything that you see.
Weapon: Practice dagger, dagger, basically anything very fast and with which you have good skill.

Run around hitting skeletons and shades/specters/ghouls as much as possible. Jump in fights, just hit it even if it's about to die. Though I found that I gained more often when creature was actually targetting me.

Shades and skeletons seem to do the trick real well. I went numerous times from 80 to GM in an hour on about six total characters during my playtime in UO.

This might be for two reasons --
Either it's a "magic creature" which has high probability of spawning because spawn is constantly refreshed (and by the way, magic creature method does work. I raised my anatomy up to 80 fighting a sheep once),
Or skeletons, shades and other similar creatures work some real wonders for Anatomy.

Either way, enjoy and have fun.

D

DJOGrymn

To anybody who can answer my question.

How fast can I heal myself with 105 healing and 105 anatomy (was 110 but gave 5 points to healing) and 70 dex (got 5 extra points to get 75 dex)?

I'm sure other people want to know how fast they can heal with 110, 115 &amp; 120.

S

sherkborg

<font color=purple> Your skill never effects your speed to heal. Only dex does. Skill = amount healed. Dex = speed which you heal.

S

sherkborg

<font color=purple> I think they were inncorrect. I think I will go on hanses pvp shard and get a accurate listing of healing times.

C

Credis

Another good method I've found, along the lines of 8x8, involves chivalry. If you've got a paladin with about 70+ chivalry and a full LRC suit, you can train chivalry and healing together on a boat. Use noble sacrifice, then heal the damage you did to yourself while your mana regenerates enough to use noble sacrifice again.

I

imported_Nestorius

Can someone answer these questions?

Q: Is it true that there is no difference between 81 Anatomy and 120 Anatomy when it comes to healing, curing, or rezzing? If not, explain.

Q: According to the FAQ and damage calculator, the difference between 81 Anatomy and 100 Anatomy is about a 10% damage increase. If this is true, why do so many warrior templates have GM anatomy instead of 81?

Z

Ziggy The Weird

Another reason to have anatomy is for the evasion bonus. This has become more important since the introduction of spellbook properties. With a spellbook equipped you have to rely or your wrestling skill or your evasion to avoid being hit.
The evasion formula is (Eval Int + Anatomy + 20) / 2

G

I have finally GM'd Healing, and Anatomy I eventually want to take both to Legendary status for my own reasons....It took many dragons to GM healing and I am proud of the accomplishment.....But seeings how I'm just a basic game player would there be a point in Legendarizing Anatomy? Will it help with healing or am I just wasting points? Please help with suggustions.