• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Urgent Letter to Dramora

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The night shadows gathered round and with it came a sort of eerie peace that Aedon had not felt in days. The arrival of Mikael D’ Amavir and Omen Tailamont and the now evident resurgence of the Hand was having a profound effect on the Yew area. They had once again set in motion their plan to decimate the woods, and bring all under their sway that they could. Aedon had been surprised at the speed their numbers were growing.

The attack on the Knights Rest and the slaughter of those caught off guard that night had mostly been kept secret. It was feared that the release of such news would frighten the residents of Yew, and perhaps move them to accept the dominion of the Hand to avoid coming to harm. And Gillian was Governor of Yew, so Aedon felt it best to follow her lead in this matter, while keeping a vigilant eye on things.

Yes, he would follow Gillians lead in matters pertaining to Yew, but in his mind a thought had been growing. What was need here were others who recalled the Hand and their method of operation. It would take someone with a familiarity that goes beyond what most of the citizens this day had-a person who had fought the D’Amavirs in the past-and won.

There were several of these who sprang to mind immediately. Some of them had long since passed into that great sleep. One was raising a child in a land far distant, and the other….yes the other.

Taking out a tablet Aedon began to write a letter. If all went well, this person would respond, and Yew would have another to aid in the fight.

Lady Dramora,

I know that you have long been retired, and while I respect fully your right to live in peace, I find need to call on you. In the past, like me you have had many altercations with the Hand. Having fought against their tyranny on a daily basis in order to hold safe the lives of many, you will remember well the sort of pain they can inflict on a city, town and their people.

It has been many passing of years since they were driven from the Abbey in Yew, and thought to be gone for good. But in the past several weeks their dark shadow has once again crept through the woods bring pain, terror and death.

The Hand is growing quickly. D’Amavir and Tailamont have done well at assembling their forces, and once again the Abbey and Yew are hard pressed to fight against them. It is in experience that we hold our greatest hope to succeed. And so, I am imploring you to set aside rest and come once again to the aid of those hard pressed to defend their selves.

You know as well as I that it will not stop in Yew . They will spread across the land leaving death and destruction in their wake. For the sake of compassion, and in the name of all who have fought this evil in the past, I seek you aid.

Looking forward to your reply;

Aedon Durrean-Guardian of Aegis and Yew

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She fingered the leather armor that she had been so fond of wearing, so long ago. The katana, notched from countless fights, lay rusting on the bottom of the chest she had tossed it into when she left. Actually, if she thought about it, it was more that she FLED. Yew was no longer a pleasant place during those long ago days.

With a sigh, she reread the note that had arrived only hours ago.

The Hand is growing quickly. D’Amavir and Tailamont have done well at assembling their forces, and once again the Abbey and Yew are hard pressed to fight against them. It is in experience that we hold our greatest hope to succeed. And so, I am imploring you to set aside rest and come once again to the aid of those hard pressed to defend their selves.

She had long ago vowed never to touch her katana again. She was no longer young, and was not sure she would be able to help Yew. And yet, for Aedon to contact her, things must be dire indeed.

Mikael D'Amavir. How she hated that name, and the entire guild associated with it. She never wanted to see any of them again.

But Aedon was right, if anyone knew them, it was her.

But this was not her fight. In fact, nothing had been her fight in many years. Those days were long over. If she took up her weapon again, she would not last long against real fighters. The most she had fought lately were stubborn weeds in her garden!

If the Hand was truly back, did she owe it to her former home to once again help rid the land of those blood-thirsty vermin?

With a look around her very quiet, orderly home, she penned a note back to Aedon.

Dramora
Mistress of Virtue
GV

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The road was long and hard. Dramora was unused to being so long in the saddle, fully armored. Her whole body hurt.

Just one more reason to hate Mikael D’Amavir. Why couldn’t he do everyone a favor and stay gone!

The innkeeper gladly took her gold and led her to a sturdy looking room. Removing her armor, she sank gratefully into the chair. She needed sleep for what was to come, but first she had to get a message to Aedon.

She was not sure if any Hand members were watching the roads for messages, so she penned a message which said simply.

“I’m here.”

Sending the message, she tumbled onto the bed and fell into a deep, troubled sleep.

Dramora
Mistress of Virtue
GV