• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] An interesting precedent...

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the issue of the last week's atlantic drop decaying and being replaced an interesting situation has occurred. It was stated at the event that 25 dropped. Afterwards it was stated that 41 had actually dropped and were to be replaced. Many of us knew that the current system gave extra drops but sometimes some peeps would argue and quote exactly the number offered by the EM as the bona fide number. That isn't really my point of this thread though, what I'm curious about is how hard it is to check for that exact count # and if it could be done and compared to the list manticore has been keeping for years.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure would be interesting to see the actual number given out instead of just what the EM knows about. If they can query the ID's of those that got a drop they can give out the real numbers.

Of course it would further drive down the prices of rares.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would love to see those numbers and stats shared with the community. What would be really neat is if they showed us the characters ID# that got the drop and we over the course of a year we could see who gets the most drops. That would be cool to compare.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the random points system is a mess. it puts alot more effort on the buyer to ask around, know how many people were at the event, how fast the boss died, how many were likely not to get looting rights, etc.

ive basically stopped listing the drop numbers because of this. if someones really interested i can usually give an educated guess based off the the event. sometimes its very low. atlantic tends to be high, based off the already 25 standard drop plus average 200players at the event. compared to a small shard with a 20 drop, where the number is likely to be low 20s rather than 40 plus.

in regards to manticores list, the systems been this way for 2 years now. i think everyone is, or should be, educated enough to know that the drop number is just the base number. anything else is up to guessing.
im not sure where the 41 came from, i dont think bennu said this anywhere and might not even know. i assumed the 41 was listed in a post as a hypothetical number. if it is available, some GMs might give out the true numbers but many didnt even give out the drop number when asked in years past before we had the new system.

whats also interesting is that on several occasions now, an "everyone drop" which people tend to think of as high numbers can often be less than a standard 25 drop on a high pop shard.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upon looking again, perhaps the 41 was quoted as an example number in the other thread and i misread it as an actual verified quantity.