• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An interesting idea. Event Blog for characture.

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

Alright a blog might not be the right word.

But here is the gist.

To support in game events that are run by players...

A player could have some sort of viewable blog if turned on that tracked things like.

Monster kills.
Places traveled.
Items picked up.

All with a time and date stamp.

What would it be used for.

Well one application might be for a gathering of players that enter a contest.

Kill 10 mongbats.
Kill 10 dragons.
Kill 10 liches.

Might be the contest.

Players could leave can come back and have their activity blog viewed.

A winner could be declared.

Might be a boat race.

Start at vesper.
Hit ice island. Dock. Talk to player "whatever"
Get back on boat.
Sell to next destination for win.

The blog would track sextant points each time you enter and leave the boat.
It would show you talked to a player.

Anyway something like that.

R

RenaLynne

Sounds like a scavenger hunt/quest. Not sure how this would be done but sounds like fun.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Sounds like a scavenger hunt/quest. Not sure how this would be done but sounds like fun.
You would have a blog type thing that shows what your character accomplished. People could create their own scenarios and use the blog thingies to see if goals were accomplished.

T

The Home Guild

Mr raven by all means i wasn't trying to put you down in anyway.
Just in case you felt that way.
Thank you.

R

RenaLynne

Well I just read a different post by you where you spelled "theory" wrong. Maybe you should be double checking your own posts.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds an awful lot like the Achievement system World of Warcraft is adding in the next expansion.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/gameplay/achievements.xml

I like the concept of it keeping track of your major achievements like boss kills, collecting pets, quests completed, boss kills etc theres like 500 or so if I remember right.

Something like this would be nice for UO as well like you said above. Maybe something like a "killed all champ bosses" "Killed all peerless" "completed Doom Gauntlet multiple times" etc etc. Type thing.