• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Idea for NEXT YEAR'S Artisan Festival

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I know it is a bit early! And Yes, I'm sure we have 2 more years of artisan festivals so they can complete the reward sets. Sweetpeez had an idea of a service she could provide to not only her citizens of Jhelom but to all citizens of Chessy - Human and goblin alike.

( I decided to post for her on this one since many humans have a hard time reading goblin and I wanted this to be as clear as I could make it.)

I am willing to let her use one of my keeps for an Artisan Festival BOD Donation Center. I will set up vendors to hold donated FILLED small BODs and empty or filled (wink wink nudge nudge Bob's your Uncle!) large BODs. Tailor ones are easy since all small ones fit into a large. I believe most of the small smith one's do too.

All BODs donated will be organized into books and placed on the vendors. Large BODs will be divided between each city. Wouldn't it be great to have a full vendor of larges for each city (wink wink nudge nudge Bob's your Uncle!). With a year to do this, it is my hope that come next festival we can get the star as soon as the tree pops. :)

I have already placed two mailboxes at the keep and an empty vendor. (Hey a goblin can hope!) If you guys think this can work, I will drop runes in Luna to the keep. (Also will try PEC and EM to see if they can lock down a rune in Luna - even if I have to bug them weekly - again a goblin can hope!)

Also thinking since mailbox gives the name of the person that placed the item in it, we can have a contest to encourage participation. One point for a small - 5 points for an empty large - 10 for a filled large. If this is done just make sure you donate with the same toon!

I hope this was clear, you guys like the idea and want to participate.

Thank You,
Lady Marge
Secretary to Governor Sweetpeez Meezad

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have already placed two mailboxes at the keep and an empty vendor. (Hey a goblin can hope!) If you guys think this can work, I will drop runes in Luna to the keep. (Also will try PEC and EM to see if they can lock down a rune in Luna - even if I have to bug them weekly - again a goblin can hope!)

Thank You,
Lady Marge
There are two words i never thought i would see together.

*remembers she was writing it for Sweetz*

Ok. Sweetz knows what mailboxes are. She is one smart goblin.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course she is! :D

Of course, she also has alot of help.:p

LOL and yes working mailboxes at a marge keep is a very rare thing!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi, I don't play Chessy, but since I'm one of the people that handles crafting stuff on Stratics, I thought I'd pipe in. I really need to get working on that BOD document again (I'd hoped I could convince the Devs to look at the BOD values again at the anniversary, but I guess not).

The only thing constant for all BODs are fame gained for turning a BOD in to the crafter NPCs (see Tailor) ande the values of small BODs based on count:
  • 10 points (0.2 banked) for 10 count
  • 25 points (0.5 banked) for 15 count
  • 50 points (1.0 banked) for 20 count

Tailor BODs:
  • All smalls fit larges (and, in fact, the footwear smalls fit THREE different larges).
  • 1 in 3 is exceptional.
  • 8% are larges. (this is also true for Smith BODs, and is likely to be true for the other skills)
  • The point progression for Tailor BODs is unlike any of the other skills. Exceptional quality only adds 100 points, and the material bonus values are only 50/100/150 (S/H/B). This is far LESS than the other types. However, they are the easiest larges to get and fill.
  • Similarly odd, the highest Large BODs are capped at 700 points (140 banked), even though they SHOULD go higher. A Spined 6-part 20 count EX is 700, as is the Barbed for the same amount (which SHOULD be 800 points/ 160 banked)
  • If you turn in Tailor BODs (or any other type of BOD) for rewards, the fame gained is x[sup]2[/sup], where x = (point value of BOD/50), rounded down. As a result, cloth/leather smalls of normal count and only 10-15 count (same applies for iron normals, wood normals, and most cooking, inscription & alchemy BODs) give NO fame, while BODs worth 50-99 points give 1 fame, 100-149 give 4 fame, 150-199 give 9 fame, 200-249 give 16 fame, etc. Due to how tailor BOD point values are so messed up compared to ALL of the other skills, only Tailor has regular smalls that fall into the 100 & 150 categories, and more than one type that falls into the 50 point category (20 count cloth/leather normal, and 10-15 count spined leather normal) - all the others have FAR more than 50 points added for higher material, if possible, and have MUCH higher exceptional quality bonuses.
Smith BODs:
  • First of all, the devs' concept of the smith BOD spread is considerably screwed up. Because the split between weapons and armor BODs (all other BOD types are equal chances across the board - for example, the Tailor smalls are from a pool of one in 55 (29 cloth smalls + 26 leather smalls), about half of all smith bods are GUARANTEED to be iron weapons. This is NOT influenced by the bonuses at 110 and 120 skill, but by all rights it should be.
  • There are 25 Weapons smalls. There are 13 Armor small BODs that are both combinable with a large, and can be colored. However, there are 11 "armor" (Female plate, shields, and most of the helmets) smalls that have no larges, though they can be colored. This is a total of 49 possible smalls.
  • There is a "bonus" at 110 Blacksmith that reduces the amount of iron BODs - but not to the extent that the devs think. The Devs think that it should shift the percentages 20%, from 50/50 to 70/30 colored/iron - except that the TRUE number is closer to 25/75 because of the Weapons BODs. The shift only makes it rise to 35/65.
  • At 120 Blacksmith, the shift is supposed to be 40% (to 90/10). Instead, the presence of Iron BODs make the shift closer to 45/55 colored/Iron, and does NOTHING to reduce the number of weapons BODs. This was conclusively proven about 8-9 years ago in a series of tests where a bunch of us on the Craftsman forum collected somewhere between 5-10 thousand BODs, at various levels of smith (noting the stages as 70-109.9, 110-119.9 and 120).
  • HOWEVER, still the Smith BODs are the most consistent for point values, as their highest point value LBOD (1200 points, 240 banked) is the only BOD at that point level. And, there are smalls worth up to 800 (16.0 banked), or 4+ times the value of the best tailor small BODs for banking. Even the lowest colored small BOD, a Dull Copper small 10Ex, is worth 8 points banked, or 2 points more than the BEST Tailor small.
  • The highest value Weapons LBOD is actually the smallest. The Polearms LBOD can be worth up to 650 points (130 banked), at 20 count Ex - and only requires 2 smalls (halberd and bardiche). Granted, that's 720 ingots to fill for 2 smalls. The 5-part LBOD (fencing weapons) is worth up to 600 points (120 banked), and the 6-parters (macing, axes, or swords) worth up to 550 (110 banked). The colossal screwup with the bonuses to colored drops from a decade ago, actually works in our favor for easy-to-fill weapons larges for the Artisan Festival.
Tinker BODs:

Tinker BODs have serious issues. While they basically follow the Smith pattern, there are several problems.
  • There are only 4-ish Large BOD types. One that appears to be deco for an office, one that is a collection of tools, one that is a fancy tableware set, and the last "type" is a family of gemmed jewelry types.
  • The Gemmed Jewelry BODs exist for all 9 gem types (so perhaps you can say there are 12 larges, not 4). However, they CANNOT be exceptional, and CANNOT be taken above iron. This limits them to a max of 250 points (50 banked), REGARDLESS of what uo.com mistakenly says.
  • There are smalls for the non-gem equivalent of those 3 jewelry pieces, and those CAN be bribed up all the way to Valorite, but I have yet to hear ANY report of a large BOD for them. Again, in contradiction to uo.com.
  • 75-90% of Tinker smalls do not have larges, some require wood, and few of them can be raised to higher metals (though many can be made exceptional). This is an incredible annoyance.
Carpentry BODs:
  • Carpentry has a LOT more LBODs, but are a lot harder to find the parts for, and availability of the higher wood types can be an issue.
  • There are also a lot of smalls that don't fit larges.
  • Similarly, many larges don't have colored wood options.
Bowcraft/Fletcher BODs:
  • Some people are of the opinion that this system was designed to deliberately insult crafters.
  • There are 5 LBOD types. One is for ammunition, and of course is limited to normal wood and quality. Two are the classic bows and crossbows, and can be taken all the way to Frostwood, BUT, despite assurances that they were fixed, bugged crossbow larges that refuse to be completed still occasionally spawn. And, the Longbow and Shortbow larges would cost MILLIONS of gold worth of rare resources (if not tens of millions) to fill ONE large.
Alchemy BODs:
  • Most cannot be made exceptional. Lots with no large.
  • These can have cost in rare and uncommon resources, often in conflict with the Fletcher BODs in terms of rare resources needed.
  • A higher-value small exists, but would cost tens of millions to fill for a measly 150 points (3 banked) or so.
Inscription BODs:
  • Most cannot be made exceptional, and too many have no large.
  • Larges are extremely undervalued for the effort involved (consider the amount of gate and recall scrolls needed to make runebooks and runic atlases), because unlike everything else, you are dependent on the crafter's MANA regeneration when crafting scrolls for smalls, or those scrolls needed to make those books.
Cooking BODs:
  • way too many smalls that don't fit larges
  • two larges require smalls that are almost impossible to fill without massive wastage, even if using a BOD reward that you need to have (from FILLING one of these BODs) to raise your exceptional chance.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So wut mez iz geddin frum dat iz Blaksmiddy n Tailurin n alchy bodz iz da unly unz wort sabin? N wut did yoo do wit SWEETZ!!! Mez cant undurstand uh word yooz wridin!!! Mez been to yooz keep. Yoo hab enupp room fur all doze bodz? Ip mez understan da idea doh diz mite b uh gewd way ta git uh jump on da treez n nod hab ta store all doz bodz ourselbez all year long!!!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I kind of like this idea Marge, but can we trust SweetPea?

Just Kidding

upload_2017-12-12_17-58-48.png