• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Endless Journey

noChance219

Visitor
Long time UO player, both official and otherwise - the Endless Journey has enticed me back after departing when the Age of Shadows changed the UO that I knew forever. Time heals wounds, and I'm curious to explore the new style itemization and maybe play around with some of the new skills/abilities I have not seen before. My former journey from Pacific, to Catskills, and finally Siege Perilous was over a decade ago, so I make an attempt to establish my goings on 'the most active shard' - Atlantic.

I started back with a Dexxer of sorts, aiming to be a Thief with Ninjitsu but really just exploring things. He was gifted an LRC suit (Thanks, Saul!) and is now transitioning to a Necro/Dexxer. Said LRC suit was passed over to my fledgling Mage, who was doing some ill-advised exploring in the Ice Dungeon. It did not end well, and I had forgotten to put Insurance on the LRC suit. I thought I may be able to retrieve my corpse, but while still in the ethereal plane I saw a dreaded message: "The servers are going down shortly" (or however it is worded exactly). Many expletives passed through gritted teeth, but I pushed on, looking to regain consciousness.

It was then that I stumbled upon something most curious: it appeared that a house had collapsed? A few vendor deeds and a bag or two lay on the ground. I scrounged around and found something even more helpful to my cause than the lost LRC suit! I quickly snatched up two checks (1mil and 448k) and was in route to the bank when the server went down. More expletives! Surely both my corpse, and the checks, would be consumed in the time warp?

As luck would have it, the the checks were still there when the server came up! I not only learned a valuable lesson about Insurance, but was also reminded of the charm of UO and how being in the 'right place at the right time' can often times lead to great treasure and adventure!

ATL checks 2.jpg

/rambling

Last edited:

noChance219

Visitor
EJ was enough to get me to re-sub an old account - I'd say 'working as intended'.

Recovering my old accounts was *much* easier than I thought it would be. I no longer had access to the email they were attached to & had read/heard horror stories, etc - but a couple emails and I regained access to 2 of my old accounts the next day.

Having a blast playing on ATL & SP