• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An End to the Enmity?

McIan

Journeyman
“Well, well, you finally take time to pay me a visit,” Damian remarked facetiously as Magnus approached him, reposed as he was in his castle’s Great Hall. “I am honored, fellow elf,” he added.

Magnus, dressed in his crimson hooded robe, strode forward, hands at his side. He bowed. “I decided to get this over with, once and for all,” he stated impassively.

Damian paused a moment, surveying him. “You appear unarmed. I am anxious to see how you mean to try it.”

“Try to kill you? No, that is not what I meant. Quite the opposite. I meant, what YOU intend to do to me.”

Damian chuckled. “I have no business with you. Choose your own way. I do not care anymore,” he stated.

Magnus took a deep breath. “Must I beg you?”

“No. I mean it. I am finished tormenting you. I am bored with it. I have other, newer, pursuits and am enjoying life again. What possible satisfaction could I derive from hurting you further?”

Magnus’ brow furrowed. “This is not like you.”

“I know. The drow taught me two great lessons: mind one’s own business and learn to be happy. I nearly died in their foul pit. I decided I would rethink things. I have come to the conclusion that death and destruction has its uses, but like everything else, they must be harnessed, controlled, to be of any real value to anyone. Since I no longer worry about living forever, why endanger my life by making too many enemies? I shall start with you. Go your own way I tell you.”

Magnus could not believe his ears. “You and I are now drow, kin, regardless of all else. If you need me, I shall aid you for that reason alone if no other.”

Damian nodded. “A good attitude. I accept your offer of kinship. But drow are by nature deceitful. Are you attempting to deceive me, Magnus?”

He shook his head. “No more than you are to me.”

Damian chuckled. “Spoken like a true dark elf… always leave room open for… opportunities. I like that.”

“What about Virani?”

“Virani is her own woman, a true queen. She chooses what and whom she wishes. When she comes to me, I oblige her and indulge her. I suggest you do the same.”

“This I shall do. Aluve, Lord Racsen.”

“Aluve, Lord Magnus.”

Magnus departed, not entirely convinced all that was told him was, in fact, truth. He would therefore watch his back, like any smart dark elf has always done.