• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Elemental Beast of NEW

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

I just made up word...

A new beast will be randomly spawning all over the realm. Each elemental group will have "an elemental beast"

The beast is fast as us. It is smart. The interesting thing is... it is a challenge beast. It is loaded with some nice rewards and suprises.

But beware. If it kills you... It will be invulnerable to you for the rest of that day. Some how it absorbs your essence upon your death. It gets a tad bit stronger from you and is impervious to your attacks. You might as well go home. If you find one, make sure you are ready to battle from the start.

Death does have a consequence with these amazing beasts. You die. Your done. Pick up your stuff and go fight mongbats.

Oh dont run away. Once your engage him and move more then 20 tiles away, your are done.

It is able to rest and absorb your elemental make-up. It will heal faster briefly and it becomes impervious to your attack. Just go home. You failed to challenge it.

Attack in groups? Well this beast will quickly concentrate on taking down one player. Tames. Well sure but if it kill it, same thing. Oh and its smart. Hes not going to let you stand their and just heal the tame. Why would monsters do that?

Beat him or her...

And of course there is some loot.

This is one idea that is between insurance and no insurance and risk and reward.

I think it is a great type of creature to add into the game and it is a way to find middle ground. Insure your self up and lose nothing... but your prestige.

Oh it sucks your fame away like a sponge.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Random decent monsters spawns would be neat. I remember the Solen invasion and the Golem + Controller + Puzzle towers that spawned in random spots originally. They were a lot of fun.

I do have a slight problem with the day-long invulnerability idea though:

My melee warrior has to get closer to creatures than my archer or my mage, giving such a character a huge disadvantage against a creature like this. On the strangers for example, I tend to get killed an average of once per fight (sometimes none, sometimes lots of the Hythloth one's weapon breaks).

Also I have a veritable swiss army knife of characters, but I have a friend who basically has two (one that sits in Doom constantly and one he uses for everything else). Such an idea would also reward players who have multiple developed characters over those who only have one or two.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Random decent monsters spawns would be neat. I remember the Solen invasion and the Golem + Controller + Puzzle towers that spawned in random spots originally. They were a lot of fun.

I do have a slight problem with the day-long invulnerability idea though:

My melee warrior has to get closer to creatures than my archer or my mage, giving such a character a huge disadvantage against a creature like this. On the strangers for example, I tend to get killed an average of once per fight (sometimes none, sometimes lots of the Hythloth one's weapon breaks).

Also I have a veritable swiss army knife of characters, but I have a friend who basically has two (one that sits in Doom constantly and one he uses for everything else). Such an idea would also reward players who have multiple developed characters over those who only have one or two.
Youd lose that monster. But others would spawn you could find.

L

love2winalot

imhop: The only way to make monsters,"SMART" is to have a means of Players being or controlling the monster. This would of course be rejected by most as just a means of, "PKing". But.......is that not what monster are trying to do? When that Lich is casting spells at you, does it cast heal/cure/bless........or does it cast curse/flamestrike/poision?

Random spawn is great. Good random spawn with good loot is even better. But, since the game is now Care Bears 101, a lot of people would complain, "their are monsters by my house, by my mining spot, in my taming area, by my fishing spot, and so on.......

imhop that is.

R

RavenWinterHawk

imhop: The only way to make monsters,"SMART" is to have a means of Players being or controlling the monster. This would of course be rejected by most as just a means of, "PKing". But.......is that not what monster are trying to do? When that Lich is casting spells at you, does it cast heal/cure/bless........or does it cast curse/flamestrike/poision?

Random spawn is great. Good random spawn with good loot is even better. But, since the game is now Care Bears 101, a lot of people would complain, "their are monsters by my house, by my mining spot, in my taming area, by my fishing spot, and so on.......

imhop that is.
This is to add a new fight. I agree with CB101. And then the comment come to siege go to fel.

Well these monsters would appear in all the realms.

Yeah player int would be great but in lieu of that improvement.