• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amusing..

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You scream for bans ----> EA starts banning,
People complain ----> EA do account-based bans instead of card-based bans to minimize mistakes ----> You scream because the bans are not massive enough ----> [Endless Cycle] :sleep2:

And in between, some morons are spreading false rumours, dramatising the situation, panicking you, taking advantage of the gullible and straight out lying.

Does this make sense? Only in a PunkBuster way. :next:
You guys will NEVER be happy, can NEVER be trusted to decide what is good for the game(probably me neither but at least I got a clue when it comes to major bull****) and you're ALL ridiculously willing to believe any liar, cheater, exploiter, duper posing as "Man's Best Friend" Bipolar, most of you. Always said so. :bowdown:

Someone mentioned Queen lyrics of "Another One Bites The Dust", well to almost all of you the only lyrics fitting are "I WANT IT ALL, I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW!".. :talktothehand:

70% of what's out there's the product of exploiting and duping. About all of the gold is bogus. The items are iffy. DON'T BUY. Give it a month, PvM or PvP to get by.. Let the dust settle.

The only thing that saddens me instead of amusing me is that a certain broker company is still allowed in the game, and that 1-2 members of the Europa traders' "council" seem immune to bans although it's OBVIOUS how they got so rich.

What I'm trying to say here is irrelevant to the dupes though. It's more a plea to common sense.

I've been playing almost non-stop for 125 months, buying gold and items, PvPing, PvMing, doing Champs and Peerless Bosses... Saying what they want, bringing up the best of their economic charts, those people still will never convince me that those 1-2 "council" members actually got the money legitimately.
They are able to even sell gold by the 100M's for 1.0 USD which means they want me and you to believe they made about 1 Billion gold legit, or enough to spend, keep AND SELL to more than 1 customer, by the 100M's.. And their accounts are younger than mine, and they haven't done as much PvM as I or others either. Reportedly at least 1 of those two doesn't PvM at all and hasn't for ages.

I know EA will never touch them and the reason is why I'm saying all this, in order to make a point later on. Banning them would break the Triangle that keeps UO's economy alive(Zombie, anyone?). If that small Triangle collapses, UO will lose a huge chunk of solidity and might collapse internally.

The Triangle: Brokers ---> Players ---> Traders ---> And back to Brokers, and in between the players keep items, the traders get money for the gold they sell to the brokers for half the price the brokers will re-sell to players.

In essence we keep pixels(not dissing pixels, I love them to be honest), they split the money between them and so on, with prices on items and gold changing as seen fit and probably even arranged between brokers and traders and their greedy minds.

It only hurts the player. But what can we do, not buy? Ridiculous. I'll stop buying gold when an Ornie is 1 million.

I almost just made my point. What dropped the prices? EA making items easy to get? No. Dupers did.

Here's how duping helped, and those are only the DIRECT ways it did;
Broke that Triangle and added competition, lowered the prices on items, allowed people to get their dream items and train their skills that needed resources..

The first two are more than valid. So what is this, a post about allowing dupes? How we benefit from them?.. I really don't know.
It's just certain that UO's economy, loot system and fun factor need a real strong boost.

L

Lord Kynd

i'd love to see some proof of that...
proof lol
i get spammed almost daily by someone one trying to sell me gold for .70 cents a mil
personally i would like to see gold be devalued so much it wouldnt' be worth it for people to try and support themselves and there family's off a game.
make gold value .1 cent per mil. i think that would fix alot of problems with UO.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
proof lol
i get spammed almost daily by someone one trying to sell me gold for .70 cents a mil
personally i would like to see gold be devalued so much it wouldnt' be worth it for people to try and support themselves and there family's off a game.
make gold value .1 cent per mil. i think that would fix alot of problems with UO.
man i really dont want to pay 500 million for some sandals..

W

wee papa smurf

l
only problem with devaluin gold is that us players who do not buy gold would find it impossible to buy items ingame unless we did spawns and doom 24/7.
Cos obviously people wud be sellin stuff for ridiculous prices if u could buy gold for .1 cents per mill

:danceb:

B

burnttrees

i guess i should chime in here and point out when gold gets devalued IE. .70 cents per million or as pointed out .01 cents per million the effect is felt in game by the prices of things rising ie something in game goes up from 1 mil norm to 25mil or higher why is this because the game is flooded with gold this is why ea is trying to make a better gold sink in game now on the flip side as you mentioned the dupes also have an effect on the market IE. valorite hammers used to be 50 mil a pop but then dropped to 20 mil a pop sad fact is someone even pointed this out that the price on the val hammers was in fact lower then the price of verite meaning the WHOLE market had to shift as a result of the influx of all these duped items the price of all the runic hammers and the runic sewing kits as well has had to change to accommodate the influx of items with lower prices not and sadly it is the players who get hurt no matter what especially those who can not afford to go out and BUY gold with cash OR those who are trying to SELL there items that they got legitimately ( IE. busted there butt filling bod's everyday) for in game gold

in this i digress no matter what side you choose to stand on this point there is always going to be someone wanting to argue there point, so have fun whether it be in the game working for the gold you get, spending the gold you bought, or in these forums arguing your point or in some cases arguing other peoples points for them

:bdh: <-- sorry i just wanted to have a dead horse in my post :lick: as i said have fun

L

Lady_Mina

proof lol
Yeah but she's talking one dollar for 100Mill.

lol who would ever be that crazy?