• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amusing aspect of the dark wisps in Moonglow,

G

I can only assume that a dev intentionally set LBR weapons to commonly spawn on the dark wisps to make it challenging to find the threads on the corpses. *chuckles*

B

bobo66

i just looted a thread of life from a dark wisp at glow what is use for?? also the deamons loot is crap we kill like 13 and nothing good.

G

Think he might be referring to the fact that they give out certain item types, the latest loot they give out is AoS weapons. They don't give SE/ML Loot.

I personally find this a good thing, for often times i'm looking for good "old" loot types, like Maces and Kats, or just some Platemail with nice mods, but have to dig through tons of "Expansion" types of loot. With Dark Wisps, you have loot intensity comparative to that of Swoops, and the "Loot Pool" isn't "polluted" with ML Loot. Just yesterday i got a Halberd with 42% Fireball/11% HCI/30% SSI/32% Dam Inc, and mixed Elemental Damage types. I was on my Tamer/Mage with 2011 Luck when i got it. 1461 Luck from suit, +550 Luck from 10th Anniversary Sculpture.

If you're looking for a good "legacy" wep type, like a Kryss, Kat, Mace, etc, and you can't afford a Runic Hammer, the best thing to do right now is to hunt Dark Wisps for it. Before the new Event, i used to hunt Succubi/Balrons for "Legacy" loot, and even with extremely high luck, rarely found any good pieces.

G

Daemon Berserkers can have a Berserker's Scythe as loot. It's a Blood Red Scythe with 35% Life Leech/Demon Slayer/50% Dam Inc, 100% Physical Damage, and has a "Special Power". The "Special Power" is that it has a chance of Blackrock Infecting whatever it hits (Except for Players and Pets).
I really hate it when someone brings one of them into the Doom Gauntlet and Blackrock Infects the DF.

G

AoS weapons, my mistake.

Blade staff, double-bladed staff, lance, et cetera. Their graphics are jagged compared to legacy weapons and it can be difficult to pick out a thread of life or a thread of fate mixed in among these weapons because of that. I'm not complaining, and was wondering if it was done intentionally.