• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Am I understanding this correctly? - Refinement

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so with armor refinement, specifically the deflecting type (that reduces resist while increasing max defense chance by one).

So, if i apply the lowest level (defense) it will apply one modification (meaning, I can lower ONE of the resists, and add +1 dci increase?)

So, if I have made this piece of armor, can I then use the armor reforging and get a +6 dci on the piece of armor? (I thought it maxed out at 5?)

~ IF this can be done, what runic would you use to get the 6??

Or, does this mean that now the overall DCI on the suit is increased by +1 (and you can say over cap it with a totem?)

Also, the refinements for the samurai plate....WTH? You have to pay the 250k to have a mage guildmaster remove the mage armor tag before you can even refine the armor? Not sure why they even bothered to include this in the refinement as I see no bonus to looking like a samurai for the added cost....maybe I'm missing something??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the answer to your question is no. The refinement raises your total dci cap but does not change max you can achieve on a single piece of armor.

I am a PvM player and have so far only used resistance refinements. My understanding of the system however makes the answer no.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the answer to your question is no. The refinement raises your total dci cap but does not change max you can achieve on a single piece of armor.

I am a PvM player and have so far only used resistance refinements. My understanding of the system however makes the answer no.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Overall DCI cap for your char is increased by +1 when you wear this piece of armor. It doesn't affect reforging/imbuing caps and it doesn't affect your current DCI.

Ability to add/remove Mage Armor is very handy.