• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

always wondered this about slayers

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you have a repond weapon in your hand and an undead slayer talisman
then you go and fight a mixture of repond and undead monsters, which of the two is being used - like is the repond and the undead used to determine if the monster you're hitting is getting slayer damage

also, when you're getting hit, is one or the other or both used to determine if you're getting opposing slayer double damage?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's actually a very good question... especially since I do things like this often. Though I did fix it so when I equip the repond weapon it automatically swaps my talisman back to my normal talisman to avoid using both at the same time.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the buffs and debuffs aren't mutually exclusive.

Buff: double/triple damage to mob type X.
Debuff: double damage received from all other mob types.

Basically you do double damage to undead as well as to humans, but receive double damage from every other mob...
That would be the most logical explanation (without having it tried in-game).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would have never added taking double damage from mods because of using a slayer.
Also a super slayer doing more damage than a regular slayer.
I quite for a long time after those changes and others during that time period.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would have never added taking double damage from mods because of using a slayer.
Also a super slayer doing more damage than a regular slayer.
I quite for a long time after those changes and others during that time period.
Well specific slayers do more damage now.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the example you give
Repond slayer is opposed by Undead
Undead is opposed by Repond.

So if you are fighting both groups at the same time hopefully you have leach on your weapon or can heal through the damage you are taking. You will only take added damage from monsters in the opposing slayer group. Your example you would take extra damage from undead and repond monsters. If you go to Uoguide.com and search for slayers you will find a nice description with details listed.

Well, the buffs and debuffs aren't mutually exclusive.

Buff: double/triple damage to mob type X.
Debuff: double damage received from all other mob types.

Basically you do double damage to undead as well as to humans, but receive double damage from every other mob...
That would be the most logical explanation (without having it tried in-game).
This is wrong as you dont take extra damage from all other mobs, just the opposing groups to what you have equiped.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well specific slayers do more damage now.

I get that but at a trade off of taking more damage from opposing mobs
It was better the other way

A dragon slayer should do max damage to dragons
A lizard slayer should do max damage to lizards
Etc.....
A reptile slayer should do less damage than specifics slayers but more than a non slayer
And having an slayer in hand shouldn't make you take more damage from the opposing mods

This was a very unnecessary change years ago

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get that but at a trade off of taking more damage from opposing mobs
It was better the other way

A dragon slayer should do max damage to dragons
A lizard slayer should do max damage to lizards
Etc.....
A reptile slayer should do less damage than specifics slayers but more than a non slayer
And having an slayer in hand shouldn't make you take more damage from the opposing mods

This was a very unnecessary change years ago
in your example you are wrong The recent change that I am aware of is "Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage". The lesser slayer is your dragon / lizard The supper would be reptile.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been away kept all acc active though

So they changed this again ?

So if I have a dragon slayer killing other mods of opposing I take double damage still ?
Or is only with super slayers you take double damage ?

To be honest carrying only super slayers would be less complex but the double damage is lame

Thanks for the help

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been away kept all acc active though

So they changed this again ?

So if I have a dragon slayer killing other mods of opposing I take double damage still ?
Or is only with super slayers you take double damage ?

To be honest carrying only super slayers would be less complex but the double damage is lame

Thanks for the help
Everything you ever wanted to know about slayer sluts. Slayer Property Items – Ultima Online

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just know this is how it is working recently. Within last 2 months I have not played.

If you are using a Dragon slayer (reptile super slayer group) you will take double damage from any monster in the opposing group, which would be the Arachnid group.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the guide
"Slayer Spellbooks will cause single target, direct damage spells to do double damage to the monsters they are meant for."
so does this imply that a dragon slayer and a reptile slayer spellbook give the same damage?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
From the guide
"Slayer Spellbooks will cause single target, direct damage spells to do double damage to the monsters they are meant for."
so does this imply that a dragon slayer and a reptile slayer spellbook give the same damage?
A dragon slayer spellbook will do 3x damage to dragons/wyrms/drakes/ etc.. Where as, a reptile one will do 2x damage to all of them, and other stuff as well.