• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

alright own up who stole the GM's?

• Thread starter ultima online
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
U

ultima online

ive been waiting for a GM for around 3 hours now and stuck at 11 in the queue for approx and hour too, who has stolen all the GM's? just hand one over and you wont be punished, all i need is some vet reward skellies redeed and then you can have the GM back.

E

Evilminion

Ooo! That'd be me. :D I was practicing my thief skills, and swiping all the GMs seemed a lot more fun than lurking for more braziers. :lick:

Seriously, though, good luck with the skelly deeds!

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind that the queue display is broken, and GMs may skip queue entries if they feel some are "quick fixes".

I gather those things should be redeedable by just double clicking, as opposed to the usual method of smacking them with an axe?

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged on someone this morning and was still in queue when i logged in tonight....

Someone ate all the GM's :(

U

ultima online

Keep in mind that the queue display is broken, and GMs may skip queue entries if they feel some are "quick fixes".

I gather those things should be redeedable by just double clicking, as opposed to the usual method of smacking them with an axe?
would be the case if it wasnt for the fact that its on my second accnts house thats 2 months shy of 2 years old, so i had to get a friend to place them for me when i co-owned them, and now since they are no longer co-owned to the house i cant redeed them even if i co-owned them again, so i require a GM to redeed them for me.

just hope they dont break them somehow if and when i get a GM to turn up like what one of them did to someones curtains

4 and a half hours and down to 9th in queue :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just hope they dont break them somehow if and when i get a GM to turn up like what one of them did to someones curtains
Lol, I can see it now

*Gm say "sorry, is there anything else you need help with?"*

K

Katlene

yeah i was paging yet again for an ally problem with my guild and also for scripter i found.
was 10ths in queue (started at 12) for about 3 hours i had to log to go out for dinner but id reakon id still be there if i hadnt.

K

Katlene

lol i just logged back in and the page is still going im 8th in the queue now. its been a total of around 7 hours

C

Connor_Graham

Whilst eating donuts on their normal 15 minute every hour break, a donut fell off the table. The GM's have not yet caught up to it as it's still rolling around the room.

I heard that a GM paged a GM for help with the runaway donut and is now 6th in queue.

:thumbup1:

N

NekidNFearless

this is gettin to be rigodamndiculous.

I'm paging a gm for lack of gm support.

U

ultima online

it all got done at about 12pm gmt, was standing there afk reading the forums when i looked at the screen there was a skellie deed on the floor so i picked it up and another one appeared, so yoinked that one too. said thank you to the empty room and a GM showed himself all decked out in his red robe and proudly displaying his tag. got the message back and he was very apologetic about them having lots of other calls and tickets to take care of. all ended up fine XD *happy dances*

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trying to be rude and do hope you get help BUT they are most likely on DAOC.

Like the Gm said "Thank you for playing Dark age of Camelot". He actually typed that or even worse has it on macro.

If UO had Gms why would that guy say that?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Waited 2 hours yesterday for a gm's assistance. No luck. Waited over 2 hours again today. Still stuck at the same number as when I first was acknowledged as being in queue. However I did get email today after cancelling telling me to check the knowledge base. Except in my page, I already to told them the knowledge base said to contact GM's for help with this problem. Obviously the bot should be ditched, and warm bodies need to read the initial pages and respond to players.
Squeaky wheel method worked. Problem has been resolved...Hmmm. Thank you anonymous GM.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be the case if it wasnt for the fact that its on my second accnts house thats 2 months shy of 2 years old, so i had to get a friend to place them for me when i co-owned them, and now since they are no longer co-owned to the house i cant redeed them even if i co-owned them again, so i require a GM to redeed them for me.

4 and a half hours and down to 9th in queue :)
Would it be possible to go into customization and place a wall or something where the skellies are, then commit the design forcing them to go into the moving crate? Just a thought.

[Edit]
Glad to hear you got your deeds back. I suppose next time I should read the entire thread before giving my 2 cents.

I

Infiniti

Whilst eating donuts on their normal 15 minute every hour break, a donut fell off the table. The GM's have not yet caught up to it as it's still rolling around the room.

I heard that a GM paged a GM for help with the runaway donut and is now 6th in queue.

:thumbup1:

GM can't help as it rolled into a mousehole. :eyes:

A

AdamD

Just shows you, even after 11 years of UO, they still can't get the right balance of GM's to support the game.
11 years and they can't get it right? I mean really heh

U

ultima online

Would it be possible to go into customization and place a wall or something where the skellies are, then commit the design forcing them to go into the moving crate? Just a thought.

[Edit]
Glad to hear you got your deeds back. I suppose next time I should read the entire thread before giving my 2 cents.

still wouldnt help either since there where placed in a tower :)

H

Harb

Well, Sunday afternoon, 3 eastern, paged a GM to await the little dot response I know is coming. Nobody seems to care that duped hammers are being sold again on player vendors by the truckload, so it's my every third day effort at being ignored while reporting unscrupulous behavior. Now 4 hours later I'm still 18 in the "Q", exactly where I started. So let's review, no addressing duping, and now no addressing player concerns. I really wish there was some way for EA to see how poorly Mythic prioritizes away from our game toward their "own" products. This is absolutely abysmal. Best we can hope for is that our team somehow gets out from under the Mythic umbrella before the latter can make things worse :(

K

Katlene

The page i did the other day, i sent the call for help about 2pm waited, and wandered for a good few hours. stood at luna while i made lunch, ate lunch. Logged out and did some house work came back went and hunted para bloods for long enough to acumilate over 100k. Played around with pets for a little while. logged out cooked dinner ate dinner played with the kids put them to bed came back... nothing. Played game for a while longer and went to bed. Next day i get an email at 12:44am saying they tried to contact me but unfortunitly i was unavailable. (any idea how furious i was after reading that!!)
Nearly 11 hours!! that is BEYOND disgusting and i am severly dissapointed.

H

Harb

Nearly 11 hours!! that is BEYOND disgusting and i am severly dissapointed.
:) Similar situation here, much to do and never do I have so many consecutive uncommited hours these days to wait like this! 6 hours now and counting, I'll keep the character in as long as possible. I'm running an "open spellbook" macro while plodding about; with my luck I'll get suspended for an "unattended macro" while bathing the baby. Seems about par based on some recent posts! I'm being a bit of a pest though, paging twice weekly since Jeremy implied they had the duping issue contained several weeks ago, so there are probably a couple GMs not so pleased with me for the efforts. And the cheating just moves right along unimpeded, fo figure!

K

Katlene

im paging em about something that i found out IS fixable by a gm yet the last 2 have told me to email bug report and that theres nothing they can do.. i found out day before yesterday, its in pub 53 notes that they can. *grumbles*:gun:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a vendor stuck in my moving crate and it took a gm 7 hours to show up. The gm that showed up was very nice and fixed it for me. I just wish it didn't take so long. That is way to long to have to wait. :rant2:

H

Harb

I'm at 7 hours 10 mins now :( Still 18 in the Q. You'd think they'd have left 1 GM in our little forgotten world before moving the rest into what clearly is their higher priority. If Katlene is still waiting I bet her Q position is frozen as well!

K

Katlene

No i havnt repaged yet. They did try to contact me after nearly 11 hours, i got the email.
"Greetings, thank you for submitting a help request. We’ve attempted to contact you in-game, but unfortunately you were unavailable."
I was available for 11 hours, where the hell were they? It isnt possible that it takes THAT long to help 10 people.
In the past ive sent them feedback about how lovely gms were and how efficient they were at resolving the problem's i had... I feel like a fool now.

H

Harb

Oh no Kat, this is not the fault of any GM. And the response you received was likely automated. Something has happened in recent days where it appears the GM staff has been reprioritized away from UO. It almost has to be one of the other Mythic games. Whoever that decision maker happens to be, is whom we should blame. And honestly, based on some of the extraordinarily bad decision making we're seeing, in a variety of venues, it seems about time for some heads to roll. I love our guys, dev and support, but they are clearly now subordinated under Mythic. If I had a clue of whom to speak with at EA, i.e. above Mythic, I'd be there in a flash. Bad situation, getting worse. And of course, none of our dev/ support crew is really positioned to say anything negative, we all know how that would work out :)

K

Katlene

Yeah true enough.
Im just so damned frustrated. Im trying to rebuild an old guild of oce, and it fell onto me, theres alot of other issues going on but the one im paging about is that its trying to ally with itself and there was notes made about it in pub 53 and i have paged several times since that had come out only to be shafted.
Such a small shard its rather benificial to be allied with another guild. Just feel like im going around in circles here with this.
*cranky*
/rant

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bet they are all at the Fel Moongates. They are busy being creating an inquisition for all the new red healers to see if they have uoguide.com in thier profiles. One of those rascals I'm sure needs to be banned.

H

Harb

Im just so damned frustrated.
Well - now I'm in the pissed mode also. It's been 10 hours if anybody is following along, so I'm about done for the eve. What got me a wee flushed was when a couple hours ago, somebody on the support staff came in and cleaned out the queue. I went from 18 to 8 in about 10 minutes. So I had a glimmer of hope. But..... two hours later, I'm still 8 and out of time. So the issues seem not restricted to the decision maker level, it's permeated into the action folks as well. I'll be a pest again tomorrow. Hopefully Jeremy might make an inquiry tomorrow and explain how any of this is justified :(
Nighty.

K

Katlene

Its half tempting to create some sort of crazy emergency type story in hope to get a gm straight away. rather then tell the truth and be stuck in queue for half a day

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True story:

The last time I had to page a GM for help, I waited for several hours while not moving in the queue. After I was ready to give up on waiting, I suddenly dropped off of the queue without so much as a word.

A couple days later, I received an email explaining the answer to a question that somebody may have put into the GM question list. But the question answered was certainly not the solution to the problem I had.

In the mean time, I asked for advice here and found a workaround to my problem which worked very well and should have been something that took a GM a minute to explain.

Now if I have a problem, I'll not ask THEM for help. If it's a game stopper, then my game will be stopped.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm betting the GM service will get even worse now (if that's possible), since warhammer beta came out yesterday.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ive asked for gm help like 3-4 times in last few months and they have always come and assisted me...within 20 minutes or so too...so as far as i can see there GM help if its warranted....im giving em 10/10.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, If UO's GM's are also tending to daoc......does dark age get speedier assistance, than UO?

And if so, (this is sarcasm), why not go to dark age and page for help in UO.

GM help needs to be a top priority. This alone is why I would not invest in another EA product. Actions speak louder than words.

later

H

Harb

I'm betting the GM service will get even worse now (if that's possible), since warhammer beta came out yesterday.
Guess that explains it - a prioritization issue on the part of Mythic. EA needs to step in - this is sooooo wrong. I'll be trying again shortly :(

H

Harb

Well ive asked for gm help like 3-4 times in last few months and they have always come and assisted me...within 20 minutes or so too...so as far as i can see there GM help if its warranted....im giving em 10/10.
This is not my concern, I too have had favorable results from GMs, an improvement actually, over recent months. Well, duped hammers are an exceptioin, but otherwise, they've been pretty good. My concern is decision making. A decision was made to move our support to another product. A decision was made to delete pages from a Queue, but to do no more for those querries remaining. A decision was made to allow duping, unscrupulous play and ignore balance concerns stem from this. A decision was made not to correct a flaw allowing for exploit of the clean up campaign. A decision was made to put veteren rewards in the game, backdated in many cases, with players given no means to adjust. I can continue but you get the point. These are leadership issues, not GM, programmer, or community coordinator issues.

C

Connor_Graham

A decision was made to put veteren rewards in the game, backdated in many cases, with players given no means to adjust.
This is no different than any other year as long as I've been playing. The only difference is that there are a lot of really cool items this year, as opposed to a small amount other years. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing the whining from the gimme gimme crowd.

H

Harb

Monday afternoon, the GMs are back on the job :)
And I got my little "dot" thing saying they'll look into the duper I so often report, and no action is taken toward week after week :(