• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Almost done, but getting frustrated with the bar room!

• Thread starter Lord Roland Banethor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Roland Banethor

Finally finished up my house, completely, with the exception of one part. Made a little tavern on one floor (the bar room takes up about 1/3 of an 18x18). I recently returned to UO, and remember years ago making a similar room, and not having the current problem.. or if I did, I don't remember how I fixed it.

Tables and chairs. I'm trying the yew wood tables. If they're facing east.. the chairs on the west side fit fine.. but the chairs on the east side are way far away. Same with if they're south facing.. north chairs are fine, south are far away.

What combinations do you guys use for tables/chairs that look good as far as chairs being on every (or at least two opposite) sides? Any help would be appreciated!

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used stone... but have u tried placing the chairs then the table? not sure if thats ur problem or not, this is how im reading what ur saying & if im wrong, sorry

C = chair T = table
what u have....
C TC
What it should be
& it should be CTC

hopefully someoen with more knowledge of deco world will reply, im only a novice by far

K

katherinepgoh

Yew wood tables have always sat funny, because they are 'meant' to be vendor stall type tables I think. Where one edge hangs way over one side, and the other is right up against something. The chairs will never seem to sit right, unfortunately. One of the best ways to get a wooden bar look to work cheaply and affordably is to make the Small square tables, and put them down, raise them up one tile, and then put an 'unfinished barrel' from fishing underneath them. It creates a nice, classic look.

You can also use stone tables or a variety of other, more complicated layout looks, but since you were using Yew wood tables I assumed you wanted something made with carpentry and not house customization or a mix of custom/craft, or an expensive/rare ingredient made one. Hope this helps!

L

Lord Roland Banethor

I actually figured it out:) I placed them going from west to east. Two east facing chairs, then actually had to put a space of one tile, then the table, then two west facing chairs. The west (or north) facing chairs always seem far away from the table, so creating that extra space on east (or south) facing chairs set it up perfect:)