• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Almost died because of a broken tambourine...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OK, after 15 years of playing this game I wanna fix this problem. I'm in the Dungeon Destard trying to peace Dragons and my tambourine breaks. I don't realize that right away and the dragon continues to attack. I realize I have to double click the next tambourine in my backpack.

Is there any way to set up a macro use item type to select the next tambourine in my pack? There is a "use item type" in the EC but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work, says "that's not a musical instrument" so it must be targeting something random in my pack.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well? Has nobody came up with a macro to switch to a new instrument when the one you're using breaks?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Drag more than one to your hot bar in EC.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not following. How does that automatically switch to tambourine #2 when #1 breaks?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, Merlin, that gave me an idea. In the EC, instead of using the skill directly, I made a macro. The first icon, I dragged the tambourine on to it. The second icon is the skill. I verified that the macro switches to a new tambourine when the first one is broken.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks, Merlin, that gave me an idea. In the EC, instead of using the skill directly, I made a macro. The first icon, I dragged the tambourine on to it. The second icon is the skill. I verified that the macro switches to a new tambourine when the first one is broken.
Or you can set it to a key stroke. That way when item #1 breaks, you can just hit keystroke X (or whatever you want the macro to be) to switch to item #2. Def easier than opening your backpack. Also - if you have slayer instruments... there is a separate set of action icons you can drag to your hot bar for each super slayer instrument.

Just something to consider. :)