• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] All the Event items & Rares from my Europa Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
After being in a state of absolute shock last night about my great misfortune, I was rather speechless to say the least. Many people are asking me where I've been and how could this happen, and for those friends who care I will explain later below. Don’t read below the LINE if you are not interested. I don’t want to be flamed unnecessarily.

For those who have the items from my Museum, I need to address you first on behalf of my friend Oldsmobile aka Doug. You see Doug was kind enough to trust me and allow me to borrow a few Europa items for my Europa museum as long as they stayed in the museum. Now that it’s gone, I must recover those items back for him.

"Champion of the Arena"
"Obsidian Champion"

Recovered

"Ring of Valor" - Special Thank You to Fighting Irish & Babar
"Knight's Scroll" - Special Thank You to Fighting Irish & Babar

Please message me your prices at ICQ 150528775 or send me a private message here on Stratics. Thank you!

As far as the other items, as much as I would like them back, I doubt I can afford to buy them back since I doubt I can even afford the ones I owe my friend Doug back. Please just let me know what you want, and I'll see what I can do.

Near the end of August, my immediate family got together and we cleared out our junk filled basement for a planned garage sale and to fill up a dumpster we rented. I knew I was putting my health at risk by exposing myself to toxic mold and dust while being extremely allergic to both. However 30 years of stuff ruined by flooding needed to be shoveled out of there, and I was the only young guy on hand to do the job.

About a month later perhaps around October 1st, I found myself still sick. My head and sinuses were stuffy, my chest was congested, and I had this constant cough that I dismissed as nothing more than seasonal allergy problems. Before I knew it I collapsed into unconsciousness while attending Sunday church service. When I finally woke up I found myself in the hospital. Apparently I had a severe case of pneumonia that caused fluid to go into my lungs which resulted in congestive heart failure.

About three weeks later, after treating the virus and open heart surgery, I returned home. A few days later I developed a severe stomach ache I thought was some sort of cramp. After vomiting for nearly two days, I went to the emergency room, and the doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. Three days later during exploratory surgery the doctors realized I had a burst appendix. My body was already experiencing toxic shock. I nearly went into kidney failure from all the damage. They had to remove pieces of my intestines and liver.

Over a month later, I find myself 50 lbs. lighter, very weak, tired and depressed. I accrued an unbelievable amount of debt in medical bills during my hospital stays.

I am just learning about everything I've missed in the world of UO from my Sister's house on my girlfriend's lap top. I really don't know much at this point except out of 12 accounts I have, 1 of the 2 houses I have with some rares went IDoC on December 7th exactly 95 days after my account went inactive from a denied credit card charge.

Despite losing the house on Europa, it’s really the least of my problems.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iam very sorry to hear what happend to you. I didn't hear about it until they were for sale on this site. I say let them go and concentrate on the new event items which will start in Jan I hope.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to hear you are ok in real life !!
This was a real shocker when i found out that it had fallen ..
And iam really sorry nobody on Europa informed you that your museum had gone into decay...
Tis a real Shame some peoples greed take over there actions in this game.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Love ya hon. Like I told you already let me know if there's anything I can do.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nails! so sorry to hear about your hospital stay and your museum falling :(
I still have your little chest of things locked down all safe and secure in my Napa house. It can stay there forever, i just wanted to remind you it's there in case there's anything in it you need. Please let me know if i can help out!!!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WB, I was thinking that something like that may have occured, as I had mentioned in an earlier post concerning your museum falling. I hope your feeling better now, its best to have a 6 month payment schedule going with a credit card if possible. The one thing you have to be concerned about is the expiration date and updating that, but its cheaper in the long run as well.

I never get a chance to do idocs, due to rl constraints, if I had known I would have warned you. But perhaps that would not have helped either since you were in the hospital, and with out access to your comp where UO is installed. Take care!

D

dancing101

Nails, i supposed you just lost about 5 grands of those rares.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to figure out how the word "greed" applies to legit idoc players when Nails himself has wasted a small RL fortune on all this pixel crack...

K

kahlia

For those who have the items from my Museum, I need to address you first on behalf of my friend Oldsmobile aka Doug. You see Doug was kind enough to trust me and allow me to borrow a few Europa items for my Europa museum as long as they stayed in the museum. Now that it’s gone, I must recover those items back for him

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune Nails. You are in my prayers and I hope you continue to have a positive recovery.

As far as Oldsmobile aka Doug, can't say I feel sorry for him. At least in this situation you did not mean to break the trust established. Doug's promises to me about the rares given to him were all lies demonstrated by his actions. His actions definitely showed his true colors. I have always thought I was a good judge of character; until I trusted Doug, I was...

All I can say is what comes around goes around. My hope is he doesn't have any of his items returned.

X

Xel Naga

I pay no sympathy to any internet story that can be fabricated to cover things up. Sure some people may be sympathetic to any sad story they read and I'm sure they're happier people for being that way. I along with many others however don't believe much of what is posted on the internet especially on the forums by strangers.

As everyone knows forums are the breeding ground for rumors and lies so one can only assume given the facts about said prior collections that this could all just be another clever rouge to cover everything up and pull the sheet over everyone's eyes.

Had it simply been a simple reason for inactivity and an expired CC I would've been more inclined to believe it. However stories like this which are so detailed and lengthy to be almost like a movie script or short story lead me to think such occurrences were pre-fabricated and well thought out storylines. Anyone with such cases as this would not be putting posting on the forums of stratics on their "to-do" list after a near death experience. In fact, it would probably be the last thing on the agenda to do of asking to get items back that people get in an idoc. I'd be spending time with family and cherishing every moment enjoying that I'm still alive and not sitting on a computer typing up a story to gain sympathy and hopefully win some free items back at the same time.

Sorry but I don't buy any of it nor did I heed your disclaimer to not read further at the beginning. This is a forum and as such, everyone is bound to read it regardless of disclaimer or not. If you want solely a sympathetic shoulder to cry on it's best done to those who would believe anything you say in ICQs or PMs. Taking it to the witch hunt on the forums where dupers are burned alive is not the smartest thing to do when said collector's items are no longer unique.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Update

I sold one large collection with over 225+ rare items to Lord of The Rings for an undisclosed amount of money.

I did trade and sell items to Paul Stewart in the past.

I did not sell either of them any of the same items.

Also if I were a duper or ever associated with duping, how come I am seeking the items from the IDoC, wouldn't I already have 100 of each item stashed away somewhere?

I used some of the money from selling my museum to have my rescued Siberian Huskies squamous cell carcinoma treated by radiation for $4000.00 at new england veterinary oncology group http://www.nevog.com/ 4 hours away from where I live

I used some of the money to have toxic mold removed from my entire basement after a flood we had the previous year for $11,000.00 in September by a company called Adirondack Basement Systems located here http://www.adirondackbasement.com/

I paid my Mother's annual property taxes since owed her for paying my bills while I've been out of work prior to getting sick which amount to well over the $6500.00 or so dollars I paid.

I used the remaining money to purchase items from Manticore. The majority of those items were in the Museum that went IDoC as he can testify to that fact.

Yes I did at one time buy 8 item bless deeds, the only time I ever bought IBDs, and I did it in one sale at $35/deed. So sue me over that. I used them to bless the items that were in that Europa museum which included the gladiator collar, the death splints, last gasp, lich arm, undead bane, undead flame, Hide of the Daemon and accidentally "a crafted tinker tools" I had underneath items.

I didn't make up that story for sympathy, I just didn't want to write out the last 100 days of a nightmare over and over again. Like I mentioned at the end of that auto-biography, I have worse matters to deal with at the moment that I could care less what conspiracy theories people want to dream up about me.

I simply want to recover the items I borrowed from my friend. That's it. If I can't get the other items back I have no one to blame, but myself. I was home when the credit card went inactive, I came home for almost a week in between hospital stays, and my girlfriend who was checking my accounts/e-mail/myspace easily mistook the museum as being on another account that was friended... so its all my fault. No one else's.

I appreciate everyone who truly knows me for their genuine concern.

D

dancing101

Wow. Lord of the Ring paid you = $4000+ $11,000 + $6,500 = $21,500

Plus the stuff you bought from Manticore, i guess is about 5k to 10k.

Total $21,500 +$10,000 = $31,500.

Lord of the Ring...Have you even considered BUYING A REAL BWM or a REAL HOUSE??

It is amazing to see people can still throw in those kinda money in this state of the economy.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow...
I can't believe you people.

Here's a little hint. The person who duped the item is not going to admit to it. They are going to say they got it from somewhere else. (in this case Nails is being accused)
Let's remember that unless you really know... as in you were actually THERE... you really should keep your mouth shut and not point fingers at anyone at all.

This thread is just sick.

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Nails,

I wish you the best and only hope everything works out... Just a quick question though.

Why do you have your museum on Europa when you live in the North East (showing from the links above)? I ask because I too live in the North East (was just at Martha's Vineyard)... I ping awful to that shard though, wouldn't make sense to play there.

K

kray2s

Alas, the ugly problem of dupes / duping and dupers rears its head again!!!

It is a shame in this game that people feel theneed to cheat and dupe. I cant say for certain either way as to IF Nails is a duper.

If Nails has then yes he may be richer but he is also contributing to what is ultimatly going to be the downfall of the rares market and devaluation of the items he has so in the long run he will be worse off. NOTE that was an IF (i am NOT casting doubts on Nails here merely making a point).

Until such a time as EA act to stop duping the market wont be safe from such actions. So unfortunatly for now we may have opinions but with out divulging more info / evidence or actually offering up a tangable piece of proof then it is not fair to point a single player out.

We ALL have opinions and we ALL have our own monies in game! If you believe this so strongly vote with your wallet and DONT buy from that person.

To come here and point a finger in their face is not the right way to go about solving the problem. Get on the case and do all you can to get the bugs sorted.

K

kray2s

Nail's has Unique item's, Nail's sells Unique item to Lord of the Ring, Nail's sells same Unique item to Paulstew. What more do you need? go check their museums you will see several items that used to be unique that nails owned and that nails sold to 2 different ppl. The set of cloaks is the best example I think.

This picture paints its self, the truth is obvious, ppl need to stop being so naive and blind to the facts.
Whilst you have to admit that is somewhat suspicious. That is all it is! Unless YOU were there when it happend then you cant say for certain it was who you think it was.

Alas opinions is all you have!

If you make an accusation like this you need more than what ammounts to hearsay and opinions!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Nails,

I wish you the best and only hope everything works out... Just a quick question though.

Why do you have your museum on Europa when you live in the North East (showing from the links above)? I ask because I too live in the North East (was just at Martha's Vineyard)... I ping awful to that shard though, wouldn't make sense to play there.
Hi Play on Europa, but live on the North East as well. I use to have problems a long time ago when I could only use dial up and would freeze on the steps of my castle. But since the time I acquired cable I have no problems at all. For me I enjoy playing on Europa, because I get to interact in the game with players from all over the world. This has added a demension which was worth the lag I had to deal with earlier on.

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whilst you have to admit that is somewhat suspicious. That is all it is! Unless YOU were there when it happend then you cant say for certain it was who you think it was.

Alas opinions is all you have!

If you make an accusation like this you need more than what ammounts to hearsay and opinions!

Why? Seems like everyone else can throw stones without facts. Seen it done to a few members of this community.

D

dancing101

Wow...
I can't believe you people.

Here's a little hint. The person who duped the item is not going to admit to it. They are going to say they got it from somewhere else. (in this case Nails is being accused)
Let's remember that unless you really know... as in you were actually THERE... you really should keep your mouth shut and not point fingers at anyone at all.

This thread is just sick.
Hmm I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that maybe some of the ppl here really do know what their talking about and perhaps WERE actually there. I think your post is more entitled to your self and your own posts considering i know for a fact that you weren't one of the ppl involved, you dont actually know any of the real truth, and you weren't actually there. So umm

you really should keep your mouth shut

Kind of curious as to how someone defending an accused duper isn't getting bashed when they so obviously have in the past?

Here's a little hint. The person who duped the item is not going to admit to it. They are going to say they got it from somewhere else
This part doesn't even make any sense. The item's in question were Nail's item's, They were Unique, and he sold them to 2 different ppl at around roughly the same time. Again I think this picture paint's it's self. I think the word "Accused" is a bit of an understatement. If your too naive to see the oh so obvious truth then that's your own idiotic fault and problem don't try convincing everyone else otherwise.
I AGREED

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, both point of views have expressed their opinions. There is not much left to say here and things are getting too heated. Gotta lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.