• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All the big UO Guns !! Please stop this Greedy gold price war b4 you kill UO forever!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES !!! PLEASE DO READ!! AND COMMENT !! AND HEY WAKE UP!!

The big brokers...the big collectors..the big traders of rares and high end stuff, you lot basically run the economy of UO...

YOU LOT BASICALLY BETWEEN U SET THE PRICE OF GOLD.

And at the moment because of PURE GREED !! and the fact your are all trying to ''undercut each'' other...

I now see gold on one certain seller for a mind numbing = $0.5 per million ???? WTF!!!! REALLY WTF IS HAPPENING!!

When is it going to stop?? OR should i say when are u planning on killing UO once and for all???

Please consider your actions when u are trading with our beloved UO's ingame gold and items...

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the fact that gold is down to 50 cents a million that's really going to be the end of UO. ROFL seriously that's really funny. Who really cares how much RL cash UO gold sells for if you don't buy it! Only people this really hurts are the greedy SOB's selling the stuff for RL cash anyways so let them hang themselves out to dry "most" of us could care less.

M

Mulch

So you suggest that traders sit on their millions/billions of gold until maybe no one gives any real money for it?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest when gold is 1 cent per million then UO will be dead yes!!!!!

whatever u guys think!! its a open discussion

:sleep2::sleep2::sleep2:

M

Mulch

My guess is all traders who are in for RL money left UO 1-2 years ago already.
The game is in decline and other games give you surely more money for the time.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold prices fall due to availability of duped and scripted gold. Not because of the *greed* of some imaginary gold cartel. Most dupers are in it for the short term and trying to get the most as quick as possible as they can be banned anytime.

In case you missed it, there has been an active dupe for months now and we are currently at the end cycle of it. Soon they will fix it, maybe ban a whole lot of people, and then we will have a year or two of peace. Before it all happens again.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see all the brokers just go out of business anyways :danceb:

S

Slasherpvp

Tomas! I hope you are not addressing any Atlantic billionaires who make a living selling items, gold and the real big stuff like real estate, ie. castles! You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing these nice business people in a topic. They will adamently defend their reasoning for their years of high prices and large bank accounts on many accounts. Some free accounts for tools and others to hold the bank rolls. Well!! I never!!

Seriously, I applaud you Tomas for saying something us vets have wanted to say for years. Thank you sir for stepping up and being totally honest and true in your observations. Now prepare my friend for the bank roll vets to make their way to you. If it isn't their same lame excuses for extreme prices here again on the boards, you will see some run you down to talk in game. Our UO economy has many factors to affect it. These few examples are just off the top of my head that have been consistent for years. I wish us all luck trying to figure out how to fix it before it is really too late. Thank you Tomas.

X

Xotche of Meade

Heh, worried about gold being 50 cents a million and the UO economy? Back in 1999, like many other boneheads, I spent $83 for 1 million gold to have enough for the huge trammel house rush. Stupid huh? (Well the thought of living under a table at the Minoc tavern forever had Xotche in a panic, hehehe) That was GREED, a real reason to dupe, cheat and have plenty of 'out sourced' laborers working UO for irl cash.

Year after year, same story, UO is going down fast, the economy, yadda yadda...2008 and we're still here.

Those who have endured, yes we're considered 'big guns' but it's legit, we deserve to have our pixel crack. WE learned the hard way to overcome, group together as powerful guilds or as ronin to play the game and create our fortunes. Some of us sell, trade or barter within the economy as it is and have adapted.

Look at the positive side to this....To see the decline in price may finally, actually pull these creeps out of buisness and then let them go put havoc on other games; none of which have been out as long nor gone through the bugs that UO has in it's ten years.

It's bound to happen, then when that game does collapse, the mass of people who do get sick of it, they always return to something they enjoyed....UO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys and gals i just want a general feel for WHY OR THE REASON some ''greedy ass'' sells at $1 mill then the next guy says sod this i go $0.9mill .. then knock on knock on.. etc till we got to $ 0.5 mill.. what next!!! ... 1 cent/mill!!! crazy days!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The price of gold for Real-life money has always fallen. When I first came back to the game in 2004, it was around $10 per million. I've heard it went for as much as $100 per million, but I never saw that.

Since UO is not a real economy and gold is an unlimited resource (unlike the real world), it is inevitable the price of gold will hit 1 US penny per million at some time in the future unless EA/Mythic finds a way to remove trillions of gold from the game. But then other than to address exploits and dupes, why would they? Their goal isn't to make UO match any kind of real world economy. Their objective isn't to make people rich in real life. There goal is to make a game that is fun, and one of the fun things in UO is to acquire mass quantities of gold pieces. After all, isn't the person who has the most gold at the end of the game the winner?

M

Mulch

Almost reminds me of the € to $ conversion.
Damn buying from the us certainly is interesting now....

Definitely crazy days.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they spent half as much time working on some good gold sinks as they do on pixel crack then it would help :danceb:

A

Africanus

If they spent half as much time working on some good gold sinks as they do on pixel crack then it would help :danceb:
First of all, Brokers should compete against each other, in services offered and price. That is the free market at work. It benefits the consumer and allows for innovation.

Brokers and others should not have to compete against dupers, which is the current problem. They are dumping gold from their side accounts into the market while they can. The problem is the dupe and scripting of gold/resources.

The duplication and scripting of gold negates all gold sinks.
So until they get a crack quality control team to seek and destroy the cheatin lil rats, a gold sink is useless.

Lol, and oh yeah, UO won't die from falling gold prices.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes thats right mods hide it again!!!!!!!!!! hide the good post!!!

hide it !!! then sell it on ...hide and sell.. lol !!!! what a bloody joke!!!!!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good post? This is kind of a useless post that's just raking up an old whiney rant. You are basically PO'd because you can't sell your game gold for as much as you want to.

...and that is our problem because???

Like I said, in our game's economy, gold is limitless. The price is always going to go down until it hits 0.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when I could sell gold for $50+/a mil. (aww... memories). The gold dropping in price is NOT something brand new. Between scripting/duping it has been happening for many, many years. Gold won't come back up until duping and scripting is stopped and even then there isn't enough player demand to make the prices rise. Instead of pancakes at the sellers/brokers, try EA.