• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All Good Things . . .

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must eventually come to an end. So does our journey in Ultima Online. Sis and I have drained our bank accounts and have no money left to pay bills.

Its been eight months since my former employer fired me for no reason (other than the new boss hated my guts and would probably have me burned at the stake if it were legal).

500+ applications later, no one will hire me. Even McDonald's and Walmart turned me down. I'm not qualified to work there.

LOL and I have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology Network Administration.

My sister hasn't fared any better. She too was turn down by McDonald's, and she worked there 28 years ago now she's not qualified to work there or Walmart either.

So the May bills are paid with last of our money. Next month's bills will go unpaid. The lights, water, gas, internet and phones will go off.

We have some food and a outdoor grill we can cook on for a little while.

Please enjoy the idocs and remember us with only kindness in your hearts.

Don't hate on Jirel - her name is Donna. She blames herself for everything, even though she's done nothing wrong.

She's not the horrible person y'all think her to be. She thinks my former boss turned on me because I missed work to take her to the hospital and stayed with her.

Donna would have died. She had to have emergency surgery. I did what I think any sister would do, and got my sister to help saving her life.

As for my ex-boss I came in an hour or more early and work 2 to 3 hours late. (I was salaried so no overtime for me.) No matter how hard I worked it was never enough.

I realize now I could never have pleased her because she didn't want to be pleased. She is a very toxic nasty spirited person that gets off on being horrible to her employees.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but for all of the UO family I hope only good and wonderful things.

Good-bye, Farewell, and God bless

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must eventually come to an end. So does our journey in Ultima Online. Sis and I have drained our bank accounts and have no money left to pay bills.

Its been eight months since my former employer fired me for no reason (other than the new boss hated my guts and would probably have me burned at the stake if it were legal).

500+ applications later, no one will hire me. Even McDonald's and Walmart turned me down. I'm not qualified to work there.

LOL and I have a bachelor's degree in Information Technology Network Administration.

My sister hasn't fared any better. She too was turn down by McDonald's, and she worked there 28 years ago now she's not qualified to work there or Walmart either.

So the May bills are paid with last of our money. Next month's bills will go unpaid. The lights, water, gas, internet and phones will go off.

We have some food and a outdoor grill we can cook on for a little while.

Please enjoy the idocs and remember us with only kindness in your hearts.

Don't hate on Jirel - her name is Donna. She blames herself for everything, even though she's done nothing wrong.

She's not the horrible person y'all think her to be. She thinks my former boss turned on me because I missed work to take her to the hospital and stayed with her.

Donna would have died. She had to have emergency surgery. I did what I think any sister would do, and got my sister to help saving her life.

As for my ex-boss I came in an hour or more early and work 2 to 3 hours late. (I was salaried so no overtime for me.) No matter how hard I worked it was never enough.

I realize now I could never have pleased her because she didn't want to be pleased. She is a very toxic nasty spirited person that gets off on being horrible to her employees.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but for all of the UO family I hope only good and wonderful things.

Good-bye, Farewell, and God bless
Sorry to hear of your hardships, hopefully things turn around for you.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Luc, I am very sorry to hear about your situation. A year ago the company I worked for for 15 years abruptly closed its doors, and the first 1.5 months looking for a job were rough. Not a single response even for the jobs I seemed to be perfectly qualified for. Things have changed with the widespread use of ATS systems in hiring. Unless you know how to game those, chances are your resume will never even get to a human.

If you are still looking for a job and want some tips, DM me. I'd be happy to share my experience.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you live in the states? I'm in Canada so I don't know what might be available to you, but we have social assistance programs that will help you financially as long as you're actively seeking employment. Or disability if your sister has health problems. It might be worth looking into.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Luc of Legends

It's a bummer to hear about your struggles.

I know you probably assume I'm a big bad moderator... but if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I have an insane amount of accounts - I would be happy to co-own you to one of my houses so you could set up some chests for long-term storage instead of letting it all fall in an IDOC.

Best of luck.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to here about the troubles you and sis are having. You all have been one of the constants on Legends.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
let me know if i can help somewhere, after loosing 2 houses i know you guys wont do that easily.
maybe the community could assist with some GTC so you can clear the houses and maybe sell them

Kazzak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’ll admit I haven’t played in some years now, but how much do you need to keep your account open another month to buy you time? I’m sure I could paypal you over some and if others pitch in you could get enough for one more month where you might find employment. Whats your paypal email?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mental health is very important during troubling times aswell If this game gives you a release from real life then it’s important to try to keep your main house acct live

i would also like to contribute toward gtc if there is a way to help

then, hopefully in the near future when things get better, and they will, your ingame home will be waiting for you

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate to see anyone leave and let alone go through stuff like this.

I know we have had our issues lately. But I honestly hope you get everything sorted out.

Last edited:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear about this.

If you want to keep on playing for free every now and then by letting your account go into Endless Journey mode, I recommend to empty your bank boxes now as long as you are subscribed. You can leave up to 20 items in each character's box (24-28 items with high seas and/or storage increase token). If you're over the limit, you cannot interact with your bank box in EJ mode.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you live in the US North East I might have something for you. Its not remote. Philly area. Immediate hire.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear about this.

If you want to keep on playing for free every now and then by letting your account go into Endless Journey mode, I recommend to empty your bank boxes now as long as you are subscribed. You can leave up to 20 items in each character's box (24-28 items with high seas and/or storage increase token). If you're over the limit, you cannot interact with your bank box in EJ mode.
Best bet would be to get 1 blue beetle per char and load it up and then mount up and log out; create an EJ account or 2 if needed and do the same (I think EJ accounts only allow 2 chars to be created). Your stuff should be fine in the beetle until you can log back in (at least that's how it worked for my EJ account). All soulstones and vet rewards should go into the bank or your backpack.

Safe travels and hope you land on your feet @Luc of Legends

mihali

Sage
Best bet would be to get 1 blue beetle per char and load it up and then mount up and log out; create an EJ account or 2 if needed and do the same (I think EJ accounts only allow 2 chars to be created). Your stuff should be fine in the beetle until you can log back in (at least that's how it worked for my EJ account). All soulstones and vet rewards should go into the bank or your backpack.

Safe travels and hope you land on your feet @Luc of Legends
But does not EJ status make it so that the beetles are not rideable if loaded, so do you stand a chance to lose beetle and beetle contents if logged off for long time?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I
But does not EJ status make it so that the beetles are not rideable if loaded, so do you stand a chance to lose beetle and beetle contents if logged off for long time?
think the intent of this post was to do this before accounts go EJ and then when accounts lapse they are already on the beetle and logged out.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I

think the intent of this post was to do this before accounts go EJ and then when accounts lapse they are already on the beetle and logged out.
I think he meant if you do that but the beetle and contents are deleted while offline. That shouldn't happen, but you never know if they might make a change and it does (points to packy deletion).

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you live in the US North East I might have something for you. Its not remote. Philly area. Immediate hire.
Thank you so much!!! I live in Oklahoma, aka Tornado Land! I own a home, so relocating would take some time.

Thank you so much for offering me a job, that is very, very kind of you.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much!!! I live in Oklahoma, aka Tornado Land! I own a home, so relocating would take some time.

Thank you so much for offering me a job, that is very, very kind of you.
Aww ok . I hope you get something going.

I have visited Lawton OK on business back on 2005'ish. Beautiful state and nice people but those storms are too scary for a New England boy .

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A bit late to the game, but have you looked at/tried SAIC? They have locations in Oklahoma City and Enid according to their Career/locations page. When I was working, I dealt with their people quite often ... focused, professional ... and when it was quitting time, quite fun!

Mainly applications, but also worked with network folks when upgrading infrastructure in the sites I oversaw for Help Desk tech support..

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
I have met folks in their 30-40-50-60's working in PR for my company, that work remotely, from home and theit job posts are out of state with only rare trips to go to post, or no need for in-person presence. This may be something to look at. Examples are hotel reservation remote staff, call hotels around and ask, others are IT remote support, logistics for trucking companies, graphics for artists, hard to believe but all remote. If there is no local work easily available - look for remote out of state, or out of city for jobs that you can work from home. You may be very surprised and find one. Some will provide the training needed, depending on your skill set.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have met folks in their 30-40-50-60's working in PR for my company, that work remotely, from home and theit job posts are out of state with only rare trips to go to post, or no need for in-person presence. This may be something to look at. Examples are hotel reservation remote staff, call hotels around and ask, others are IT remote support, logistics for trucking companies, graphics for artists, hard to believe but all remote. If there is no local work easily available - look for remote out of state, or out of city for jobs that you can work from home. You may be very surprised and find one. Some will provide the training needed, depending on your skill set.
That's why I mentioned SAIC to her. I am assuming some in-office work will be needed initially, but the vast majority of work with them they were remoting in. One network upgrade that required testing company applications one of the network guys was in Madrid and another in London. And there I sat in NY state.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Luc of Legends Try a work from home job as a support agent from Cox cable (pretty sure that's the provider where you and Sis are) Most cable companies pay well and provide free or highly reduced services. just search "cox cable jobs work from home"

Last edited: