• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All future EA games to include microtransactions

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot to post about this last week but if you love EA products then plan to open your wallet and purse more if you want to continue that relationship :) They are moving into basically the pay to win model as I call it. Sad to see a gaming company trying to nickel and dime us to death in all the wrong places.

I wonder if I want to play Madden that I would have to buy a football from EA so I can just play the game. Then maybe I have to pay for players to be on the team. ZOMG!!! I would probaly have to pay to have a stadium to play in. I pay 60 bones to just buy the game and pay 500 bones more to just set up my team and finally most likely have to pay 1000 bones to be able to play against another team. :p

Just a scenario above in my wild imagination but I have to lolz that they just try to find ways to make us all start picking up that penny on the sidewalk that we walk past everyday just to play a game.

Source

All future EA games to include microtransactions

by Seth Tipps

'We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way,' says CFO
EA will be integrating microtransactions into all of its games in future, the publisher's CFO has revealed.

Speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media, and Telecom Conference, Blake Jorgensen said the publisher was interested in adding further ways to monetise its games.

"The next and much bigger piece [of the business] is microtransactions within games," said Jorgensen.

"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, either to get to a higher level to buy a new character, to buy a truck, a gun, whatever it might be, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business."

A strong, secure backend is certainly important to handle the millions of payments needed to make console games with microtransactions profitable, and Jorgensen thinks his company has this taken care of.

"If you're doing microtransactions and you're processing credit cards for every one of those microtransactions you'll get eaten alive," he said.

"And so Rajat's team has built an amazing backend to manage that and manage that much more profitably. We've outsourced a lot of that stuff historically; we're bringing that all in-house now."

Last edited:

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not accept this scenario. If you want to play Madden, there's just ten thousand previous entries in the series. :D