• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All About Us

Phoebe Nox

Journeyman
I was initially going to write all about me, then it came to me, its more about those who came before me and those who are my blood and live around me now, in flesh and in spirit. Our story is all about Us:

The candle flickered as it always does by the open window at night, even those nights not a lick of wind wisps by window. Those are normally the nights I feel a presence watching me, always there but most present the still and quiet nights. There have been nights I have felt a warm hand touch my shoulder, yet when I turn nobody, or nothing is there. I still have the dreams, but they are no longer of death and the living dead. I dream of my childhood, Gran Pappy, playing hide and seek, Granny on full moon nights would break out the Ouji Board. An odd game of sorts. Or was it really a game. That game kept repeating itself night after night in my dreams. Granny always claimed she talked to the dead, often I would find her during my hide and seek game with Gran Pappy, she would be mumbling something in the graveyard near the swamp, as a child it always creeped me out and I remained in the distance watching so Pappy did not find me in my hiding spots. Always when we played hide an seek she would wander there and begin, maybe it was chanting, as a child I just thought she had lost her marbles. Granny was not the most loving Mother figure; I think that's why Pappy spent so much time with me. I knew Granny loved me it just would have been nice to hear those words occasionally, I Love You. Our talents went back generations on both Pappy and Granny's families, and they would both tell stories at night before bedtime of our ancestors, what characters they were. The scariest story was one Granny told many times about a Deamon in the Underworld, and his evil tricks. Those dreams were sometimes not pleasant but great memories of my childhood, then there were the dreams of my mother, I remember her vaguely. I was fairly young when she left me with my Grand Parents. My Mother was beautiful I will give her that, locks of what Granny called abyssal red hair unlike Granny's bright red hair. My memory of mother's hair, I could not remember if it was black hair with red streaks running through it or red with black streaks running through it but was the cross of Pappys black hair and Granny's red hair. Had the carefree fun spirit of Pappy and the stern grouchy part of Granny. Right before my mother left me with them all I had seen for some time was the grouchy spirit of Granny in my mother. I was about 4 or 5 when she left me, but I did remember hugs and sweetness of her once, what happened to cause the change I am not sure. Maybe because she felt leaving me with my Grandparents was the best thing for me. That is what pappy always told me. Regardless I had a Great father figure in Pappy, sometimes to much fun an games. Granny would always yell at us when she felt we were having too much fun. But tonight, the flame of the candle flickers and crackles as I look out the window at the crescent moon, Granny always called it our special Witches Moon, not exactly sure why but that is my thoughts every time I see a crescent moon. The swamps had been changing and new energy was present hanging over the market the last few nights, an energy I had never felt before and I knew something was about to happen, something involving us......

~to be continued