• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemist template

Capidermus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm making an alchemist and am setting my skills up. Aside from alchemy and inscription and perhaps magery, I'm not really sure on what else to fill in with since I don't pvp. If it's mainly for crafts, should I fill in other skills like tinkering, carpentry, tailoring, etc.?

What is your best alchemist template(s)?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My alchemist has these skills: Cooking, since it is now tied to alchemy, fishing, begging, magic, meditation and eval. Her main jobs are to fish and make naturalist dyes. The dyes sell great as does some of the MiB items.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My template is (all 100 unless stated otherwise)

Imbuing (120)
Alchemy
Tinkering
Carpentry
Tailoring (70)
Blacksmith (70 real, plus ASH as needed for crafting certain items)
Magery (60 real, plus equipment)
Lumberjacking: (95, plus melisande's hatchet for GM)
Music: (5, plus equipment as needed)

I usually have the following as default
Treatise on Alchemy talisman (with a +30% bonus - got lucky on my first one), which adds +5 to magery.
Tome of Lost Knowledge for +15 magery
Jewelry for another +25 magery for 105 magery (used a 105 scroll a long time ago)

If I want to make the carpentry house add-ons that require 80 Blacksmith, I drop the book, and equip an ASH
If I want to make musical instruments, I drop the book and talisman, equip a singing axe and Minstrel talisman, and +30 music jewelry. (if I was an elf, I could wear the song-woven mantle and not need the axe & talisman)

I could probably do better on the jewelry and eliminate some of the other stuff, if I could find some +20 magery or +20 music (both skills are in the same skill group, so you can't get them together on one item) with my PvM characters. I'm not gonna waste the ring from last year's event or a crystalline ring on him (well, maybe the crystalline ring now). I could also drop the LJ qnd 5 points of magery and add a different crafting skill (fletching or cooking - he already has mining available on a stone, but usually my other characters do the mining)

I also have another alchemist in training, my cook (which is on a different account)

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My last character is an alchemist and a gargoyle whose skills are
Imbuing 120
alchemy 100
Magery 100
Inscription 100
Carpentry 100
Tinkering 100
Cooking 100

I enjoyed training up this character and found even at not quite Gm levels I could kill those tough void creatures that resembles a shadow wisp using just alchemy and magery and for the most part did alchemy for lots of things. I have not killed monsters much lately with this character except for learning Necromancy Spirit speak and mysticism which are stoned off along with musicianship and arms lore