• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Albion Online

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Saw this game come up on Steam recently, it kind of reminds me of Ultima Online a bit. Wasn't sure if anyone was looking for a UO alternative but I think I am going to check out this game.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use my referral code (I'm my signature) if you do

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Use my referral code (I'm my signature) if you do
What can you tell me/us about it that isn't obvious from the Youtube videos? I have a feeling it'll "slow down" but first glance the combat seems super fast and it's hard to tell what is going on. I also assume you need to sub for the perks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glorified mobile game in terms of look, feel and gameplay. Sorely regret spendong money on it.
I do feel it would of been better for them to go towards console (Xbox, Playstation) rather than mobile. Its horrible trying to play on mobile unless you are doing stuff like crafting. I would never ever try and PvP on mobile.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What can you tell me/us about it that isn't obvious from the Youtube videos? I have a feeling it'll "slow down" but first glance the combat seems super fast and it's hard to tell what is going on. I also assume you need to sub for the perks.
It depends on the type of combat. If you are doing roaming PvP its fine. Then there are the massive ZvZ battles which is probably what you have seen on YouTube. Normally for these you would use a different kind of setup to focus more on area damage. Then you have GvG which is 5v5 fights and there is also "hellgates" which are either 5v5 or 2v2. I would recommend going to the Albion online forums or Reddit and getting a trial key. This way you can play on a premium account for a week and see what its all about without spending a penny.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The graphics look very painful.

I know we're playing a 20 year old game, but its that old its almost come back into fashion!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried it for a while back last year.
Was fun to start with when everything was new......it got old very quick.
It's just a timed grind fest with no sense of reward when you accomplish something.
Absolutly zero staying power, not once have i even thought of returning.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played it last July at launch. Was fun for about 4 weeks until you realize it's nothing but a MASSIVE grind and the pvp you speak of is roaming gangs of 10 to 20 people killing the lone resource gatherer. Back then the playerbase was plentiful as well. Logged in three days ago and the place was dead. Had potential but it definitely fell short in my opinion

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been playing Black Desert Online... I enjoy it... and as long as I keep under the "PvP" free for all cap of 49 which is not a problem... I can gather and craft and tame and breed horses to my hearts content... without any troubles.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Game's garbage, that's why like 90% of its playerbase quit from launch up until now. Putting it on Steam is their desperation move to try and get the game more active again and, more importantly, make them some more cash. Shallow mobile grindfest game brought to PC. The devs have shown time and time again they're mostly interested in collecting cash rather than actually improving their game. For UO players, it's a significant downgrade in content and depth and the dev team either don't care or are too incompetent to fix that.

Buy Albion if you enjoy wasting your money on something that's fun for a few hours, tops.