• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

alacrity scrolls

M

mmmbeer05

ive heard some ppl askin for ps's to be placed on tram/ish champs....

how about putting alacrity scrolls on these champs instead!!!

I

imported_revenant2

Alacrity scrolls sure were liked by the UO populace.

If I had to guess, I'd think the UO people may be concerned about having them be too commonplace in that people who speed through skill development may perhaps not get to experience as much of UO as they would have otherwise, and therefore get bored with the whole game sooner?

I don't know if that's valid or not. The way they implemented alacrity scrolls did not affect me in this way, and I was actually working some combat skills up as a relative noob for part of the alacrity scroll availability period.

Making them available on regular terms, and in a form that's easier than even powerscrolls, sounds like it could do exactly that, though.

Aside from that possibility, I can't think of a good reason not to bring them back. Alacrity scrolls are just plain helpful.

B

Belmarduk

<blockquote><hr>

its a good idea, would definitly give more people reason for doing the tokuno/ilsh spawns..i would think that the regular alacrity scrolls be dropped during the spawn and maybe toss in 30 min alacrity scrolls (like 120's) for the champ boss kills?, thats just me..the alacrity scroll drop is a great idea i think, but of course there are some down sides to everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
The tokuno champ should drop tokuno minis - as it is now - that champ is totally useless.
Good idea about the alacrity scrolls for the ilsh-champs

G

Yep, was thinking the same thing too, just didn't post it. I've already posted my idea before that Tokuno Minor Artifacts should be recievable from the 3rd+ Tier of the Tokuno Champ Spawn, and Tokuno Major Artifacts should have a chance to drop from the Champ, Serado The Awakened.

Reason behind the 3rd+ Tier thing is because before that Tier, anyone could just run in with a Wraith Form Necro and Wither spam everything dead. However once it get's to the Lesser Hiryus/Revenant Lions, Hiryus/Onis, that's when it gets challenging and would be very hard to solo. Would make people group together to do the Tokuno Champ Spawn.

I

imported_Lord Bishop

Aren't they already available? I was not actively playing when they first came out. 15 min of increased gain when you are near 80+ how do you know you will even gain during the 15 min? Are they even useful or just eye candy?

M

mmmbeer05

they are super useful early in the training of a skill. they are much less effective at higher skill.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Aren't they already available? I was no playing when they first came out. 15 min of increased gain when you are near 80+ how do you know you will even gain during the 15 min? Are they even useful or just eye candy?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were available in an event that has ended.
You don't but you can make sure your ready to work the skill as much as possible in that time.
Their very useful.

I

imported_Lariat

If we're going to start bringing back items from past events, I want a Singing Ball, some rubble display cases, a couple rubble coconut palms, a few item Bless Deeds, and a full set of Phoenix Armor. Seriously, they were from an event. That event is now over. If you want some, buy them from the people that held onto them.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think you should get alacrity scrolls from the ilsh spawns in general... the peerless make ilsh champs MUCH harder than fel ones.

B

bordegan

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea was brought up and I thought it was a good idea for ilshenar champ spawns. Have the alacrity scrolls spawn like powerscrolls. 5 minute alacrity for the main part of the spawn and 10-15-20 minute alacrities that spawn in their packs when the champ drops.

I also think that making the tokuno champ spawn spawn 1 minor arty per completion into someone's pack is also a good idea for tokuno arties. Or maybe the dyes and you turn them in or something for better dyes. I don't see how asian shards can just buy any dyes they want and american shards have to rely on them transferring them here.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know, i for one have a million of these alacrity scrolls, and i dont mind them being brought back for a reason to do the ilsh champ spawns, as it stands now there a complete waste of time and a joke, of course your going to get the usual crying and moaning about them being an old event item and leave them there or bring the rest of the past event items but in all seriousness, give your head a shake and climb out of the negative pool and really look at this for what it is, a reason for actually having these ilshnar champs, as it stands now, why would you even bother doing them?

I

imported_Spiritless

Also like this idea. Would love to see more of these scrolls in the game. Don't particularly care where they come from, however.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well having to many of these scrolls on the game could also be a bad thing, depends on how you look at it, im just all for adding some kind of scroll reward for those champs, seeing as there usless as it stands now..alacrity drops for the tram champs seem like a fair idea, im not so certain people would agree about the tokuno minors being dropped for the tokuno champ, but who knows, they all seem like good ideas, i just think it would be good to add some kind of drop for these champs...and so far alacrity scrolls sound kinda fair

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Add my name to the fans of this idea.

I

imported_Anakena

<blockquote><hr>

I think you should get alacrity scrolls from the ilsh spawns in general... the peerless make ilsh champs MUCH harder than fel ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

You meant paragons I presume?

G

sounds good for the ish spawns, but the tok spawn should drop tok minors with a rare chance at a 10 chg dye (all colors even major). I hear the turn in guy is getting lonely.

G

They were a fun idea but I could never bring myself to use any of the ones I got - at the moment, they seem more valuable as collectibles than as character development tools.

I would have preferred if they were implemented like the New Haven quests though - rather than being useful for training for a certain amount of time (which encourages people to try to macro the skill to get in as many attempts as possible), make it useful up to a certain number of skill points (so that people can just go about their normal lives, as fast or slow as they like). There would have to be a way added to cancel the effect early so that you don't get yourself trapped in a state where you can't use soulstones, etc.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well like i said, there are the ups and down sides to it, but the main thing is it would give purpose to these champs and give rewards to the people who want to do them in ilsh/tokuno any kind of reward other then whats there now is a good thing..alacrity scrolls just seem to fit

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You meant paragons I presume?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that one...

G

i like the idea of the ish champ spawns dropping the scrolls, and also like the idea posted about the tukuno droping the tukuno artys

G

<blockquote><hr>

If we're going to start bringing back items from past events, I want a Singing Ball, some rubble display cases, a couple rubble coconut palms, a few item Bless Deeds, and a full set of Phoenix Armor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed. It would be great to keep "event items" avaliable to new players, so that people don't have to buy them from hoarders to get them.

M

MysticSim

they wont do this... this is a GOOD idea... it will never happen. Too many people like this idea. Myself included.

All i can say to the dev's... prove me wrong and throw it in. you know you can do it. you all just wont do it. and thats sad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

they wont do this... this is a GOOD idea... it will never happen. Too many people like this idea. Myself included.

All i can say to the dev's... prove me wrong and throw it in. you know you can do it. you all just wont do it. and thats sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because there is something that prevents them from changing the champ spawn codes to give rewards.