• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alacrity scrolls and ROT

D

davebobbit

I was just wondering how alacrity scrolls work on Siege if you are at the point where you only get 1 gain per 15 minutes because of the RoT?

Does RoT get brushed aside for those 15 minutes that a scroll is in effect?

G

No rot still applies. What you do is eat the scroll get your gain in a way that will not flag you (so there is no 2 minute timer for log out) log out wait the 5-20 minutes depending on your skill level then log back in gain again ....rinse repeat.

I

imported_mo'gluk

lets say you eat a spirit speak scroll at 70.1 skill (beginning of RoT)

for the first "day" you 3.6 points of gains and you can normally gain .1 points of skill every 5 minutes.

so the first 5 minutes passes by and you use spirit speak nad recieve a gain, but you don't gain .1 as normal rather that .1 is altered to .2-.5 points (its random). to optomize this you would log in get a gain (.2-.5) then immediately log out wait 5 minutes and then log back to gain again (.2-.5). the reason for this is the 15 minutes on the alacrity scroll only applies to "in game time" where as the RoT timer applies to real time so youcan be logged off to count time in between gains.

my guess as to why this works this way as the scroll uses a count down timer on your character similar to stat loss for faction players, and RoT uses a "time stamp" to verify the allotted time has passed before your elgible to recieve a gain.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
note the log out has to be an insta log like in an inn or house. if you log out in the field you will still be there for 2 mins.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

note the log out has to be an insta log like in an inn or house. if you log out in the field you will still be there for 2 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't trust a house, there has been any times that I did not aggro, and logged out in my house, only to come back later and find out i was revealed and nature furied to death. So i would definitely use a Inn.