• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After reading...

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading the FoF, seeing they aren't even going to tweak those so called "reward" items.. well for the first time in my 8 years of playing I have no desire to log in. Have a good weekend everyone.

G

So you play only because of the event? What did you do before the event? Like someone said in another thread perhaps if they gave out tissue it would be more useful.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go back to candyland and crafting.. god knows it is probably what you do best.

G

Seriously aside from playing because of an event and something to finally do I am not happy because for weeks now I have had a low income in game while working the event and waiting on rewards I would be able to grab lots of and sell for a decent amount and then we find out it has all been a huge waste of our time to bother.

Honestly I could have made a killing through my normal luna sales these past couple of weeks buying and selling as usual and then bought all the rewards when they were released. I would have gotten what i wanted and then had tons of cash to spare...

It was a risk holding out on the turn in when it should have been a guaranteed thing. The rewards are trash. Even worse than the original cleanup systems rewards and that is just sad.

But really I am not complaining about it just disappointed i wasted my time but at least I had something do to for a couple weeks vs nothing new at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So you play only because of the event? What did you do before the event?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't played for a few months because of lack of interest. Event got me back on for a week, then when it grew stale I went back to no logging on. I'm sure i'm not alone.

Then again I'm not really upset about this turn in. It just seems silly and poorly conceived to me. I mean many of the rewards are less interesting/useful than the items being turned in.

I'll play again when something else is going on.

G

Actually you can find me in Fel on LS, if you care to come visit just send me a pm
I'll gladly meet ya anywhere!

G

I understand the event getting boring for those people who have nothing better to do then play uo, some people only get so much time to play so they are thankful that is has gone on as long as it has.
I'm on neither side here, I myself am just happy that they are even bothering to take the time to give us an event, some people think this is just something that they are "suppose" to do and it's not.
Personally I think if you are truly that bored then it prolly is best to just not log in and avoid posting your rants, be patient, eventually there is something for everyone. Maybe not this event but the next one!

I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

I'm still in the rift. Killing Dark Wisps and hoping Draconi puts worth into the thread turn-in. This first round is just a test. Hopefully public outcry will help shape the future of the 2nd round of turn-ins.

G

<blockquote><hr>

understand the event getting boring for those people who have nothing better to do then play uo

[/ QUOTE ]

That up to the individual, and while I clearly don't fall into that category, I don't see anything out of the ordinary with complaints. Some are valid, some are over reactions, but what difference does it make. People have opinions, and if feel like they need to voice them, that's what the forums are for.

G

The game is what you make it..... obviously you make it boring.... glad I'm not you..... I don't need any event nor do I need any item junk to make UO fun.... all I need is the community I have chosen to play with.... We have plenty of fun. Because we make it that way.

G

I don't think it's boredom as much as it is being let down on the quality (or perceived lack thereof) of the items involved in the new trade-in.

Compared to some of the items to be traded in, what we are trading them FOR is a HUGE step backwards in usability and desirability.

Also, as I posted in another thread, there's a HUGE amount of let down in the lack of use in terms of storyline/plot/further events beyond "Oh hey, we've released a ton of stuff we thought we were going to use in the storyline, but now since the storyline is dead and we've already said the items would be useful we've got to do something.".

I logged in for a bit tonight, but only to fill some BODs I had been neglecting... I didn;t even step foot in Moonglow because right now I don;t see much of a desire to do so. The quality of the turn-in rewards doesn't make it worth the expense in Insurance gold or time.

And that's the crux of the issue... a lot of people now that they have seen the supposed "rewards" do not find them equal to the time they have put in to get the items to get the rewards and thus they are understanidbly let down.

Yeah it'd be nice if Uo could be able "having fun with the fun being the reward" and people helping each other and all of that Utopian Jazz, but it isn't and never has been. A lot of draw for an RPG is the progression and development of a character whether the person is a solo player or a group player. Part of the development is the acquisition of useful or valuable items. People don't see much use or value in the current rewards and thus the desire to play the game is lessened, at least temporarily.

G

Thats all fine and dandy but there for one is a rant forum to post rants in, use it! You can go threw and look at all the posts people make, should try it, you will learn alot about certain people!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats all fine and dandy but there for one is a rant forum to post rants in, use it! You can go threw and look at all the posts people make, should try it, you will learn alot about certain people!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's assuming that all criticism is "ranting". Which of course is not true. Yeah a lot of ranting does go on, but there is also a good amount of justified complaining.

G

Well, is there such a thing as "justified complaining"? What do you honestly think, if you complain on the forums enough the devs will give in to the cry babies and give them what they want? Seriously, I doubt it. I've seen my share of unhappy people and yet they are still there wanting.... They can't make everyone happy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, is there such a thing as "justified complaining"?

[/ QUOTE ]
When the person complaining is a paying subscriber your damn right there is.

G

Well, is there such a thing as "justified complaining"?

Yes, it's called backing up your complaint with logical arguments and evidence as to why something is wrong with what is happening or is going to happen in game.

If not for "justified complaining", this game could have been saddled with some VERY harmful "fixes" in the recent and not too distant past.

"justified complaining" stopped the Diminishing Returns system, the "Proficiencies" system, tweaked pet balls, stopped a bad change to Arch-Cure, the list goes on.

G

Interesting. I'm a paying subscriber and content with the way things are.. does that change anything? Or, should I sit on here and cry about how unfair smoke bombs are in pvp, how houses should not be allowed in Fel or maybe I should beg for there to be a limit on the number of people allowed in a guild.. just pointless, play the game how it is, enjoy it or stop paying and do us the favor of not having to read all the pancakes and moaning!

G

Or you can cry when other make claims they feel others need to be aware of. See how it's easy to call someone a crybaby? I'm out of cookies so if you are looking for some kind of trophy or prize for being happy with crap then good on you. When I find something in the game I feel can be better or is not up to par I will post here about it and you or anyone else that doesn't like it can cry all they want because this is where our voices are heard and nowhere else. As for pancakes and moaning you do a fair share yourself so you take your high and mighty attitude and turn it in for a t-shirt.

G

just pointless, play the game how it is, enjoy it or stop paying and do us the favor of not having to read all the pancakes and moaning!

Um, for one, we DO play the game as it is, but we also feel like we can help make it BETTER.

You can't HONESTLY sit there and tell me that you've NEVER had a thought that something ingame could be better than it is now, that something is bugged, or overpowered, or underpowered, or could be more enjoyable, more fulfilling, more rewarding than it is now.

Sorry, but not all of us are "robots" chanting "We are happy and fulfilled in our well rewarding game" (Trivia: Quote lifted and tweaked from the Ultima 7 Quotes section)... even those of us who are quick to praise the dev team when things are going well.

The Dev Team a year ago was one of the most active and creative I had the privilege to play with in ten+ years of UO. Since then, the quality we have seen has dropped. And I understand what the situation with the team right now is, but that doesn't change the fact that the development quality of the game has suffered... and that's something that SHOULD be voiced.

If we can't voice the negative issues in the game (in a reasonable manner), then how can we expect the game to improve?

G

I didn't say I was "happy" with the situation, I stated im content with it, meaning there are things that arn't for me but I make the best of all situations because somewhere someone is happy with it and maybe the next event will have more things I prefer!
Now, I will take my high and mighty attitude to bed since I will be the one getting up with a 15 month old in the morning
.. have a good weekend.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...If we can't voice the negative issues in the game (in a reasonable manner), then how can we expect the game to improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

It already has improved, we have events now!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't say I was "happy" with the situation, I stated im content with it, meaning there are things that arn't for me but I make the best of all situations because somewhere someone is happy with it and maybe the next event will have more things I prefer!

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they will better, in part, from all "our" whining and crying as well.

<blockquote><hr>

Now, I will take my high and mighty attitude to bed since I will be the one getting up with a 15 month old in the morning .. have a good weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine! I'm going to bed too! You also have a good weekend! So there!

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know why it always sounds like UO players are whiners? Because UO is one gigantic let-down after another.

After every disaster, another slew of players just get fed up - they come and they post their disappointment - and a lot of them quit. And after every disaster, the sycophants come out of the woodwork to kiss EA's/Jeremy's/the dev team's butt. They call everyone who voices concern "whiners" and "crybabies" for doing nothing more than pointing out that EA is patching in garbage, that EA's support for this game IS garbage. KR, the 10th anniversary, the Moonglow and Magincia events, it's a never-ending stream of disappointments and it's NOT getting better.

I'll never understand the sycophants who pay for a slap in the face and then thank EA for the favor. But I certainly understand why EA feels enabled to continue treating us this way - YOU let them get away with it. It's fine, sycophants, that you have such low expectations for the game that you don't care when the plot lines fizzle away into nothing, that important events go nearly unnoticed, that promised rewards are laughably bad. But the rest of us aren't fooled as you are, so please, don't embarrass yourselves by patting EA on the back and pretending WE are the problem.

G

I think all the complaint threads can be summed up simply. This is a game and most games are for children or those trying to act or play in a childish manner. No shock then when people are complaining and crying and whininng and throwing tantrums (like children) when the game doesnt go the way (they) feel it should.

Also yes I didnt state my opnion on purpose just pointing out what people want or there opinions are subjective and none of you are devolpers so you dont get a choice in the uber leet (rewards {as in there free so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth} ) and either accept them or stop doing the event or even better make a fist and putt youre money where youre (petulant, crying, whinning, tantrum throwing, self entightled petulant child behavour having) mouths are and quite as sooooo many of you not satisified with the event are threatening.

I

imported_Heartseeker

You got your head up EA's butt so far, you think that's chocolate on the end of your nose.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know why it always sounds like UO players are whiners? Because UO is one gigantic let-down after another.

After every disaster, another slew of players just get fed up - they come and they post their disappointment - and a lot of them quit. And after every disaster, the sycophants come out of the woodwork to kiss EA's/Jeremy's/the dev team's butt. They call everyone who voices concern "whiners" and "crybabies" for doing nothing more than pointing out that EA is patching in garbage, that EA's support for this game IS garbage. KR, the 10th anniversary, the Moonglow and Magincia events, it's a never-ending stream of disappointments and it's NOT getting better.

I'll never understand the sycophants who pay for a slap in the face and then thank EA for the favor. But I certainly understand why EA feels enabled to continue treating us this way - YOU let them get away with it. It's fine, sycophants, that you have such low expectations for the game that you don't care when the plot lines fizzle away into nothing, that important events go nearly unnoticed, that promised rewards are laughably bad. But the rest of us aren't fooled as you are, so please, don't embarrass yourselves by patting EA on the back and pretending WE are the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

G

This is my other favorite thing about uohall. Instead of people having a conversation about opposing views it always gets back to those that instead of having a counter point to someone Else's argument (meaning they have no real comeback or good counter point) they just attack the person instead of there post. But again I was referencing childish behavior and whats more childish then a personal attack on me being fat rather then someone articulating why they disagree with my point of view (and I know its so much easier {and lazy and shows there outstanding IQ}.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

What do you honestly think, if you complain on the forums enough the devs will give in to the cry babies and give them what they want? Seriously, I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shrug* seems to me that you have see that very thing happening fairly often over the years.

I

imported_Heartseeker

I thought it was appropriate under the circumstance.

Why get into a long winded post when I can say what I mean in one sentence.

The remark was made to numerous rantings by the other poster.

Sometimes we can be civil and sometimes we actually say what we mean.

Maybe you feel offended when someone is frank with you?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I understand the event getting boring for those people who have nothing better to do then play uo, some people only get so much time to play so they are thankful that is has gone on as long as it has.
I'm on neither side here, I myself am just happy that they are even bothering to take the time to give us an event, some people think this is just something that they are "suppose" to do and it's not.
Personally I think if you are truly that bored then it prolly is best to just not log in and avoid posting your rants, be patient, eventually there is something for everyone. Maybe not this event but the next one!

[/ QUOTE ]

By that notion, no one should every complain about anything. We should just scrap the forums.

Regarding, "some people getting only so much time to play" theory - quite frankly it is just so damn silly. I have spent a total of only two to three hours at the event, including the time spent at the blackrock detector machine. Not because I don't have time to play more but because it pretty much blows, so far (imho).

Yes, they are not "supposed" to give us an event. Just like they are not "supposed" to keep the servers up. However, in the real world, where most people are not busy sucking up, it is a cut throat market out there and if you are not providing a competitive product, you will lose your customers.

The event scores a 3 out of 10 on my scale. Apparently we are supposed to be getting something very exciting in the near future - we will see. And no, I give credit when its due. I showered praises on the developers during the Ophidian invasion.

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

RTLFC

This is amazing.. No new items = You don't play
BUT
Players quitting because of any OTHER reasons = Unthinkable, deserving lots of trolling and flame

Woah..

CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFFZ(THEY WILL GO TO MY GIRL, BE GENEROUS)?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry amigo, just because you pay to go online and play a game, doesn't mean that the company providing the service, 1) has to keep you amused

2)Reward you to clean up your in game clutter(man, sounds like bad parenting)

Be lucky you got what you got.....justified complaing.....that's a laugh.

L

Lazarus Cain

i have to agree wolfie
since i read fof, i've actually 'tried' logging in, but cant bring myself to bother
and i cant really put my finger on why short of the fact that ea/mythic really doesnt seem to give a crap
they work on a failed client rather than the game that 90% of the players love
they have let bugs go for yrs with not even a mention of them, much less fixing them
they listen to who? who are they listening to?
i have spoken to so many players that feel the same way
they drift farther and farther away from the ultima storyline ...ultimately killing the lore of ultima with each and every patch

i dont play uo to amass great treasures, tho that is kinda cool
uo is just fun
but its becoming not so fun with each patch
and they really dont seem to give a damn
seems the ppl who pay them should have a voice

they do 2 or 3 things that make sense and then turn around and do 100 others that screw up the game

its getting old
very old

and if you feel like doggin me for my opinions, then go find something else to do
i dont really care what you may have to say
i've heard all i care to hear about it
this post requires no response unless you just feel the need to be hateful
but hey, i know some of you cant resist it, just like you cant resist being a complete ass in the game to others that are only there to have fun

i wish you all the best never the less
...peace

L

Lazarus Cain

this is EXACTLY the point i have tried to make, but my emotions over yrs of frustration wouldnt let me voice a clear enuf thought about it
age is a mutha
thank you for expressing it so succinctly
dennar seconds it!!
lemme give a 3rd!!!
dont leave
lets try to revive the game instead?
lets try to MAKE them listen?!?

btw ...i thought you left us long ago dennar?
that was the rumor anyway
i havent seen you in-game in ages!

:p

A

Avalonia

If you play just for the chance at getting bigger and badder items at every turn this really is not the game for you at this point.

If you want to beat your head against the wall week after week as the one item you want to drop keeps refusing to drop because of the RNG and of course everything is BOP so you can't give items that drop to other characters and you only get to try once a week for the items then you might want to try WoW.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Go back to candyland and crafting.. god knows it is probably what you do best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something? The current event is only in Trammel and you are bashing a player for playing in Trammel? Thats very interesting. Pot meet Kettle!

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I logged in for a bit tonight, but only to fill some BODs I had been neglecting... I didn;t even step foot in Moonglow because right now I don;t see much of a desire to do so. The quality of the turn-in rewards doesn't make it worth the expense in Insurance gold or time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is what you make it. If you don't desire to do the Moonglow event then do any of the other slew of activities in this game. I almost have my t-hunter/tamer done in the time that everyone was not logging in to play the game because Moonglow was lame or what have you.

Also, each wisp drops like almost 1200 gold and some pretty nice items from time to time. You could try looting more than just the event items if you are worried about insurance gold.