• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After a few deco ideas

N

nukeman8

I been playing UO for years on and off but always had boring houses mainly due to the fact i like my houses to be functional ie lots of room, things like the anvil and forge near ignots, all my crafting stuff basically in 1 room.

Problem is when it comes to storing materials, i use to drop em all in a box but i soon hit the container limit that way so i started just locking them down on the house floor but looks messy. Is there anyway of storing them and making them look 'nice' ie like rune library's have rune books displayed? (also how do they do that?)

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you have a living room type room, you can make a couch similar to this (This is one I did right after custom housing)

This gives you 5 chests that blend in.

As for the rune library, you place a wooden bench, then a runebook, then a bench etc etc

In place of the runebooks, you could place the small chests in there.

Also, in this pic (was a part of my library/scribe office) I placed a basket on the floor under the damaged books. I kept all my regs/scrolls and stuff in it.

Also, most of the workshops I have done in my houses have been similar to this

Sometimes I have small chests on the "shelves" above the forge or worktable. The other storage as you can see is out but blends in with the design. The crates on the floor and on the worktable. Though I did just end up throwing the bag on the floor quickly to drop off during a hunting trip.

Also, here is a kitchen/tailoring/scribe workshop I had. I used the bookcase for some scribe stuff. In the kitchen part, the "water bucket" on the counter was an empty tub and you can store items in it. I used it for stuff for my cook.

N

nukeman8

exactly the sort of ideas im after thanks, the couch especially looks handy

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tiny pouches you can buy from NPC provisioners are also great for storing resources discreetly, as once secured, they can hold an incredible amount of weight, do not block movement, and are so tiny they can be concealed under/within more attractive deco. They can also be stacked and incorporated as a pedestal or something similar within a deco scheme.

I have a resource pouch tucked beside my anvil & forge on my decoratively functional porch, and it is barely visible. It holds many thousands of stones of ingots, cloth, leather, wood, and gems in handy reach. I also keep my crafting talisman arranged in a separate box inside the pouch for convenience.

-Skylark

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had luck with using baskets as planters. Bullrushes fit well in round baskets, snowdrops fit in vases or smaller ones like the tall thin SE baskets. The plants are great deco, easy since you only have to stack them on the container and raise, and the baskets can be tucked into corners, next to seating areas, or stacked with other things (my tailor has a basket with a round pillow and yarn balls stacked on top - the deco fits her corner perfectly and stores resources right next to her loom). I've also dyed a small wooden chest to match the loom, and when placed it falls perfectly to the lower left corner, where it blends in so it's nearly invisible and holds tons (literally) of hides, fabric and BODs.

Examples:

Attachments