• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice needed for a new scribe and new player

J

Jacey626

Hi! I am finally brave enough to start asking my questions of the forums. I apologzie in advance at some of the basic question, but I am also new to the game.

I started scribing after reading the guide on here and got addicted to it quickly. I have been buying and reselling to the shops. However, eventually I would like to start a vendor. From my reading here, it appears as if the money is in spellbooks. (Please correct me if I am wrong!!
)

I am currently at 91.4 inscription. My focus is at 100 and my mage is at 74.6. I think those are all the skill levels I need to list to ask my questions hehe

I see a lot of people talking about scrappers. What are these and how do the differ from spell books? Is there anything that I need to do in order to make these?

When I do eventually start to try to sell something on a vendor... what types of things should I stock. Is there anything that I could put on a vendor now while I am still at a lower level that might bring me some money?

Should I have my mage at 100 or higher before I start trying for spellbooks?

I think that is about all the questions I can remember for now. Again, thank you again for any help you can give

T

Trukx

<blockquote><hr>

I see a lot of people talking about scrappers. What are these and how do the differ from spell books? Is there anything that I need to do in order to make these?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrappers are player crafted books that require a recipie before crafting and then Peerless ingredients. The base book has 25SDI 1FC 1FCR and 10LMC. If you get lucky and add other mods (slayer, LRC) they can still make you money, but do not sell anywhere near as well as before on the basic book as just about everyone seems to have one now.

<blockquote><hr>

Should I have my mage at 100 or higher before I start trying for spellbooks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being new you want at least 100, but as soon as you can afford even a +5 or +10 scroll....Get it.

<blockquote><hr>

When I do eventually start to try to sell something on a vendor... what types of things should I stock. Is there anything that I could put on a vendor now while I am still at a lower level that might bring me some money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Things that still sell ok are recall scrolls, Ev scrolls, mark scrolls and entire sets of 64 (or fill a book and sell a full book....on GL they go for around 5k). As you begin making normal spell books you really can only dump super slayers on your vendor to make any substantial profit, although books with great skill combos and/or LRC are also decent sellers.