• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice for new player to UO?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies a freind as expressed an interest in trying UO...

so i tell him to try the kingdom reborn 15 day trial...

but hes got an older computer that wil prob not run KR....

so whats his best shot...is there a actual 2d only download trial or will he be better borrowing my last cd ( possibly 8th age or samuri empire??) then patching the rest to date???

advice anyone:)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He wants to try/play the grand-daddy of ''the genre'' not a pretty grind fest.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Hanna is that just the 2d download...looks like it...dont want him to have to download all the KR stuff as im pretty sure his computer will on manage 2d UO.

S

SilentFoxXy

I found a full boxed Samurai and 8th Age sets on Ebay for £0.99 each. The 8th age comes with an advanced char token, and several other nice freebies, the 6th age/Tokuno comes with a soulstone frag and others.

Ok, its a 75m dl of patches after that but well worth the effort based on current costs, its a great way to get a couple of million, buy your first home, a 100lrc suit and a ride. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies silber ..guess he will be better using my cd then then patching up afterwards, think ive still got a trial code he can use....or like u say even getting a very cheap box from ebay....txs again for all your time..i shall inform my friend today

L

LadyArden

Hrm, I went to EB games web site and searched for Ultima Online, and it returned nothing! What's with that? If it's not for sale in stores, how are they going to get new customers. I play already, but I wish they'd sell it and advertise it. :(

A

Azureal

Hrm, I went to EB games web site and searched for Ultima Online, and it returned nothing! What's with that? If it's not for sale in stores, how are they going to get new customers. I play already, but I wish they'd sell it and advertise it. :(
Hehehehehe!

;P

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so i tell him to try the kingdom reborn 15 day trial...

but hes got an older computer that wil prob not run KR....

so whats his best shot...is there a actual 2d only download trial or will he be better borrowing my last cd ( possibly 8th age or samuri empire??) then patching the rest to date???
As far as I know, there is no difference between a "KR" account and a "2D" account. You could try to create an account with the KR trial code, and then download and log in the 2D client instead. I bet it works :)

Raina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest version of the 2d Client can be downloaded right from EA HERE

Hope that helps, g'luck!

~Rai

T

Tazar

Okies silber ..guess he will be better using my cd then then patching up afterwards, think ive still got a trial code he can use....or like u say even getting a very cheap box from ebay....txs again for all your time..i shall inform my friend today

If you do not find the code, drop me a PM. I have a few extra 30-day free new account codes.