• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adventurers Call!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you always wanted to do? Doom? Peerless? Somewhere in a Dungeon?

Where did you always like to go? The gauntlet?

Is there anything you could use help with? Get certain items? Help to tame a new dragon?

And when and what times would fit you? Fridays? Saturdays? Early like 4-5 am in the morning? Or rather late 8-9pm?

I do need enough interest for certain things. Let me know so i can think about it and maybe i can make things happen.I hope i won't regret it and give you a good time.

C

Cat Crimson

That's nice of you Frarc

At some point I could do with some help in finishing the spellweaver quest. I was doing that on Obeya but couldn't seem to survive the Exodus dungeon on my own ( also I got lost in there REALLY easily ). I have not ever had a spellweaver and was interested in what the skill can do.

I also have never had a lot of success surviving Doom or most of the new ML dungeons because of lack of ... well not of people per se, more like people I know
as most people I know well and would help stopped playing for one reason or another.

Weekends and very late nights are not good for me because of my working pattern. Weekday afternoons and earliesh evenings are best.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Helping to finish spellweaving Quests is not a problem. Did that several times for others already. When you got time and see mee online just give a call and we go do that.

For Gauntlet and Peerless we can try to do them on a friday evening. Other weekdays are difficult for me unless i have vacation. (one is coming up in less then 2 weeks). Also we do need a small group, (6 -10 people) to do them. Just need to wait to see more interest in them.

P

Prudentis

I will be needing help in a few months

When my characters have developed and are able to do anything worth helping with.

I restarted yesterday and I think I will be staying.

But maybe you _could_ help me right now?
I posted some questions regarding staring anew and have allready some answers but anything that could help me start is appreciated.
Cat and you seem to be playing on Drachenfels, so I guess I will see you sometime ingame

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=1&Number=7662186&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Back!

When you need me, you know where to find me. I'm not going anywhere!

If you got some gold and you want a big plot, the 18X18 spot infront of my house is still open to place a big house .

C

Cat Crimson

Hon, really, you honestly don't need to be an uber player in order for us to do stuff with you ingame ! Both Frarc and I would be more than happy to come help you right now, newbie characters and all
( well not RIGHT this second but you know what I mean
) if you want to come play on Drach ( or on Atl which is my other main shard ) then please do, we'd love to have you. I can help with some start up cash and basic stuff, and either I can find you smaller spots to place houses or if you would like the big plot in front of Frarc then I will happily lend you the money.

Cat.

P

Prudentis

That's what I missed most about UO: the people.

I have been playing different MMOGs during those years of UO-absence but although I met many nice people there, none has had the community I knew from UO.
Not everything is all-lovely, I know. I already see my characters dieing a hundred painful deaths by the hands of some malicious playerkillers

But careful with sentences like: <blockquote><hr>

Both Frarc and I would be more than happy to come help you

[/ QUOTE ] I can be a pain in the butt, when it comes to asking questions

But thanks a lot for the offer, I'll let you know when I am in need of some-thing, some-advice or just company

And about the houses - I just barely started.
As much as I love the Idea of owning a house, I think I have to lead the life of a homless for a few weeks before I am ready to settle down

I will definitely wait until my free month is over. Until then I'll know if I am staying for good

(I always saw houses as a very big thing in UO. Of course now, that there is more vacant space on the shards, it's probably not such a big deal as then, but still.)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to be a companion. I also answer plenty of question in new player corner. My friends and guildmates ask me plenty of question every week about stuff coming or what to do. I'm pretty sure this 10 year old veteran can handle you.

P

Prudentis

I have some questions then

My newly created characters have acquired some items and I don't really know, what they are.
1. The newbie ticket - I know, that I could match it with another newbie ticket. What are the prizes and which should I take? I bought a 9t anniversary code today so I think I'll just start my elf tomorrow. This way I can match the five tickets with the new five tickets

2. stone? of passage form Lady Gwen?
3. Rune of ... Doom?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) I have no idea what's in the new player ticket these days. It use to be ranger armor but i'm sure thats removed.

2) Token of Passage:
You get that after you died in the tutorial and then you can pass the energy field to the Dark Knight

3) Rune of Darkness:
Is the rune to fight that Dark Knight in the end of the Tutorial. Only go back to him when your skills are high enough.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/guides/uokr/KRGwentutorialstraticstemplate.shtml

C

Cat Crimson

I'll try out the new player ticket thing on a couple of still [ young ] tag characters I have somewhere. The last time I looked you got a fireworks wand/ dyetub( normal kind )/ haircut deed and something else, this was years ago tho, dunno it its changed.

If Frarc can put up with me asking him stupid questions then I'm sure he will survive you

I

imported_Legacyee

@Prudentis
If you decide to get a house and need anything for it, I would be happy to try and help you.
I have a couple of good crafters that don't have a lot to do.

Don't be afraid to shout on here for anything you would like, most people are happy to help in some way or other.:)

P

Prudentis

Hey, that's nice, thanks!

I was strolling the britain countryside yesterday and noticed many vacant housing spots. Back in the day it was always full. What is the trendy housing region nowadays?

G

Hello Prudentis and welcome (back) to Drachenfels!

I hope you had a good start, I'm happy to help too (ICQ on profile)

Seeya around!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Housing is mostly around Luna, even more if you also wants a shop. My house is more north of Luna . thats also where this big spot is available. My shop is south of Luna.

P

Prudentis

Eeerm ... shop AND house?
Since when can you have both?
If I remember correctly, vendors in houses did the selling?

And thanks for the welcome Medea

I will be getting my 9th anniversary code today so I can start my elf

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 accounts. So i have 3 houses.

But you can have a shop and house in one. If you build your house so you set parts of the house private (Doors/Teleporters) so customers can only be in the shop part of the house.

C

Cat Crimson

Yes, that is one of the most positive points about changes over the years. I am still not *too*sure whether customisable houses were a great idea, but being able to have much more control over security in different areas of your abode is great.

P

Prudentis

Nice session yestarday, Frarc.
Thanks for helping me tame my WW and Hiryu.

BTW, when you left the pace of killing lesser hiryus slowed down but I still managed. I think my skill at playing this game slowly returns. (if you can call casting EVs and running around skill, that is
)
I even managed to kill one greater Hiryu but it took some time.
After that fight I was happy, that I have trained up Focus. I will miss it, once I start training up VET

Fast mana regen is soooo neat

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your pets can now bond nicely in the stable.
When you get a bif better armor we will get you a Greater Dragon.

Killing Hiryu's with Ev's is skill or tactic. It would not be smart to run up to them and try to wrestle them.

Maybe this evening i can show you a nice way to train up Vet and train your unbonded pet with little danger. Ones you are use to Vet you will see it very good thing to have.

C

Cat Crimson

I have no idea about KR macros but I have always found using something like F12 for last object and slapping it on the pet useful in 2D for vetting.