• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adios Amigos

G

My job (like so many others) has been down sized and I am facing unemployment for the first time in over 25 years. As a result, we are tightening our spending. UO will be one of those things that we have to drop, at least until I get comfortable in a new job.

I have 14 more days before my account closes, so I will try to chase some of you down. However, some of you are sneaky bastiges and hard to locate.

I will probably miss listing a lot of people, but I want to make my public thanks to several people that have made my UO experience better, over these last several years.

Octavius - who drug me back to UO after many years absence back in 2005. Then he left 6 months later. LOL

Dor who encouraged me even when (and still do) I tell a badly written story.

The Guild AOE, who kept an eye on us for quite a while.

Jocelyn, who watched over my boys like another mother. You are a great friend!
And her guild HELP, you guys rock.

Lefty for all the help and encouragement he gave both Karyn and I.

Simpson. What can I say other than 'Friend'? Thanks for working with Karyn during her time with ROC. Don't let the petty bs get to you!

Balla for helping us along the way.

The old E^E. You guys were cool! Even Morph

KD and PAS for letting us tag along and making sure we got rezzed all those times. Majisbane Jr. for being as crazy as me.

He-who-can't-be-named and 'that guild'. You guys add a different perspective on Sonoma. No, I did not make my son quit your guild and no I don't hold a grudge. It's a game.

Jack Tallow - what can I say. Crazy, nut-job raconteur. I miss having him around.

If I tried to list all the vets that rezzed DS it would be most of the vets on Sonoma! Thanks guys, we appreciated that!

To whatever piece of code that glitched and made DS what he is/was. He sure entertained me on many a weird experience! Heck, I think he had more fame than me.
At least people felt sorry for him being stuck with me. LOL

And to all those that have killed me and the few I killed. WOOT to you all!

Mostly, to Karyn and my boys. Having my family in-game added a whole new dimension.

Hopefully, I'll be back down the road. If not, I'll not forget Sonoma. It has been one hell of a ride!

Barkeep! Ale for all my friends!

Adios Amigos!
Maddwg,
Raconteur

My apologies for anyone I should have listed but didn't. My brain is kind of frazzled right now.

I

imported_UONutt

Valeo, Valere, Valui, Valitus

Farewell good friends - I assume this means our Karyn will "go missing" as well. BTW - UONutt is truly the nutty and off-kilter Jocelyn of HELP.

Best of luck on the career front. Hope something breaks loose there. When that happens - know that we will be here to aid and comfort old friends on Sonoma.

I'll be sending all of you good thoughts and prayers! Haven't seen your youngest in a while but tell him to stay fearless. Let your oldest know to always pursue his dreams. Persist, persist, persist!

Dang you now I'm crying. *Hugs*

R

Razeial

Take it easy Maddwg, i look forward to seeing your return with a story about some crazy [censored] you pulled out of your ass....You'll be missed.

G

I replyed at the PAS forum already. Will catch up with you asap, icq is on and I got your new number from PAS forum. Hopefully I'll catch you this Friday for the PAS event you have posted. Was a blast at the last jouse event you hosted, should be fun this time also.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
allways sad to see a old timer go.
twice as bad when its actually a old timer that is good and backs the community.

so you will be doubley missed.

as allways i enjoy your posts and your in game chats.

but as with all of us old timers, im sure you will be back, and that at least is good thing in all of this.

safe travels and keep your sword sharp, bro.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*hugs*

This too, shall pass.

Hopefully we can get something worked out soonest!

*will be in touch*