• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Adding new buffs

P

pgcd

Ideally, I'd like to see this in the actual client, but if anybody has an idea on how to implement it in LUA, that'd be great as well: can we have buff icons for Vampiric Embrace and Consecrate Weapon (with a visible timer would be awesome)? I often have to play in poor light and/or without sound, so the lack of icons for these two can be kinda dangerous...

A

Ash

Ideally, I'd like to see this in the actual client, but if anybody has an idea on how to implement it in LUA, that'd be great as well: can we have buff icons for Vampiric Embrace and Consecrate Weapon (with a visible timer would be awesome)? I often have to play in poor light and/or without sound, so the lack of icons for these two can be kinda dangerous...
I had thought it was going to be somewhat not hard, till I looked at it.

Short answer, I still believe it is possible with a mod, but will not be easy.

Long answer, it really would be more of a work around to get the mod to work as the Buff/Debuff system doesn't have these events set up on server side. So without being worked on by the devs to include these events in the true buff system, would have to work hard to find another trigger event. Which isn't as easy as it sounds.

It something I would love to see as well and will share if I find a way to make it happen.

P

pgcd

VampEmbrace might be the hardest of the two, actually, because there *is* at least a clientside event for Cons Weapon: the sound played at the end. Still, since that is not visible to LUA, I guess there's not much we can do...