• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Adding a New Guild Error

Harabec_LS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When me or one of my guildmates try to add a new guild or group, we are getting the error: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Any help or resources to point us in the right way would be great :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When me or one of my guildmates try to add a new guild or group, we are getting the error: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Should be fixed now, let me know if it isn't, though you may need to log out and back in for it to take effect.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello Nexus. I have the same problem when i try to add a new group or guild: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. I tried to log out and back but i still get the error.
Thank you very much for your help :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Hello Nexus. I have the same problem when i try to add a new group or guild: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. I tried to log out and back but i still get the error.
Thank you very much for your help :)
Ok when we did the updates the other day, how the permissions were handled changed and thus were wiped, I thought I'd gone and corrected this yesterday, but Obviously it didn't stick (Thanks crappy Wifi at work).... It should be good now.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hej Nexus

I wanted to help the Guildmaster of Sieges NOOB guild make a guild page, but it is not possible to choose a caterogy.

upload_2017-4-25_11-50-51.png

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hej Nexus

I wanted to help the Guildmaster of Sieges NOOB guild make a guild page, but it is not possible to choose a caterogy.

View attachment 65694
It's because you already have a guild, you can't have more than one. Also if you've deleted a guild you need to contact staff to have it completely removed as only myself and a couple of others can actually fully delete things. This would also prevent you from being able to start a new guild, but it does prevent accidental deletion.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes that would be the case for me, but @Tanager tells me she do not have any guild and do not believe she ever made one. Could you look at her case?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nexus was trying to fix this for me, but I don't think it's all the way done. When I click on my avatar, it shows Manage Groups: 1. When I click that tho to see the group it speaks of, there is nothing. So I think that, somewhere on this site, I am still in the 'deleted' but actually just invisible NEW2. Until then, it's not gonna let me make NOOB :(

BUT!

I did make my own signature and figured out how to get it to show up!! YAY! *proud grin*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But you was only a member of NEW2, it was my page and I took it down so that should not effect you. I find it fine NEW2 is not all deleted. You was only staff on NEW2, not owner. I tested it with my test account TinaTink, I can make a guild with that account it seem, at least the choices are not inactive. I tried to make the Tina Tink account staff of TDO forum, I can still make a guild with TinaTink.

I believe I remember seen a NOOB Guild/forum, you sure you did not make on and then deleted it? If that's the case, Nexus only need to activate it again I guess.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If I did, I have no memory of it. However, I have a terrible memory lol. Whatever it was, it does not show up any more so that I can see it. NOOB has only been around a few months, and I'm pretty sure I hadn't made any Stratics things for it until now. If it was anything else, that info has long been deleted from my memory banks. I needed the space to store Star Trek trivia.

I will just make a 2nd Stratics account I guess.